Resetting the End

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Valedict, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Valedict

Valedict VIP

I'm wondering if it would be possible to restart the end every once in a while, maybe weekly?

The current end has very few end cities, and even fewer that haven't been looted already.
    This gives other players a chance to acquire items like Shulker shells and whatnot.

If you disagree, put why below.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Our current plan is to allow certain items to drop from the dragon when it's killed.

Regenerating the end every 3-4 days might be a little bit much, not to mention if people get placed over the void after logging out before a regeneration.

3. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I agree that Shulker Boxes and Elytras should be renewable. (And not an ungodly low % rare drop on Ender Dragon)

This issues I see for the Devs here is that some people have begun building homes in the End, and the staff have already shownt hat their reluctant to resrt anybodies progress or builds, regardless of the actual commitment the player made or how much the result would benefit the server.

That being said, I still wholely agree that this should be a feature. Soon we'll run out of naturally generated Elytra's and them the only way to get them is some RNG. (Which nobody likes)

I still suggest we create crafting recipes for those rare non-rewnable commodities, but I've yet to see any progress on that.

+1

Edit: I'll come up with some crafting recipe ideas tonight and make a post about them.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Is there any way to remove the 15000 block limit in the end? This would remove the problem of having to drop dragon heads and stuff since the outer islands generate forever.

5. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Can we add some of these rare items from these cities to the market?

6. Squidd

Squidd VIP

By that I'm assuming like an NPC sellimg these as long as you've got the cash? Like the Spawners.
    If you mean that, then I gotta disagree with just buying rare items out like that. There are more rewarding and creative ways to make Elytras and other End-related commodities than just putiing them in the market, like custom crafting recipes. (More on that later)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Elytra are still on sale at the market for 35,000 if I recall correctly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. EhhChris

I'm down with the idea of crafting them, in addition to dropping from the dragon.

Things that'd be needed to drop from the dragon or crafted:
    • Dragon head
    • Dragon egg
    • Elytra
    • Shulker shell
    • Shulker chest (lower chance?)
    Any others?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  9. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

The egg shouldn't be craftable. That's an indicator that someone has brought down the dragon and should be kept as a trophy of sorts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

The chest can just be crafted with 2 shells ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. EhhChris

I know that haha, that's why I was saying maybe make it possible to drop a chest, just a lower chance.

I agree as far as the egg or head not being craftable though, those would be drops.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Squidd

Squidd VIP

That I agree with. Only the utility items should have an alternative crafting route to acquire them. I'm coming uo with some ideas, and I'll probably talk to you in TeamSpeak about it @irritatingness tonight if you'll be on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

14. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Chorus fruit and end rods? and what about the purpur blocks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I've got ideas for those all to come. Ill propose the idea to the Devs and hopefully we can make everything in the end technically renewable.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

What if there where a specialty shop where you could trade dragon-parts or other rare items for non-renewable items, or some specialty currency? I know it's not much different than putting them as drops, but it would give people a way to get the items without having to rely on RNG, and give them a choice between trophy and more items.

17. gage345

gage345 Emerald

I'd have to personally disagree with the dragon egg as being part of the loot table. The Dragon Egg is supposed to be a one-of-a-kind trophy for the first person(s) to have defeated the Ender Dragon. Having more than one would also contradict the vanilla standpoint of it, since there's supposed to be only one per server (without any cheats being used).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Yeah, but some of us couldn't be there for it because of school or irl things. The ended egg should be allowed o be gotten by everyone

19. EhhChris

I can sympathize, but not entirely. A drop of the dragon egg could be a bit more rare though.