Requesting to comment on reports and appeals.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Scrungy, Oct 22, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes.

18.5%
  2. No.

81.5%
  1. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

I feel like you should have to request to add to a report or an appeal to a staff member. It will stop people from doing what I did earlier today (mess around in a report that I had nothing to do with). I don’t see a reason not too do this. I would like to hear other thoughts on this because this would definitely help the community in a small specific way.

thank you.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

I don’t see why it’s necessary. If a staff member sees someone post something unrelated or without relevant information, they’ll warn the person not to and that person will either learn or get a warning / forum ban.

I agree it seems to happen every thread and that can be annoying but adding another layer of red tape / process to the mix doesn’t seem like the solution, but I applaud your effort to find one because I absolutely agree it is a recurring issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

i can tell you now, this wont be accepted although id like to hear what kind of sytem you propose, you didnt really give much detail.

regardless, it wont happen because 1) it means extra work for the staff when their efforts are more importantly spent on the servers

also people might not request permission to post because they either dont think its important enough to go bother a staff member, or they cant be bothered/ cant get hold of anyone and then important info towards a verdict may be missed out. quite often people do acctually have something to add even though they arent involved , theres just trolls like you think think getting warning points and bans are funny, but people like that can be dealt with quickly and effortlessly so if they wanna seek attention with bans, they can go ahead :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

Fair points, but I don’t see why anyone should be able to post on appeals without permission. Having someone discredit your appeal while not having anything to do with it can be upsetting as well as someone making fun of the fact that you got banned, should not be allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. optimal

optimal VIP

if you're gonna be toxic, don't stick your head up your ass and pull a reverse card and suggest some stupid fucking shit like this @Scrungy if I ever see some shit like this again, itll be the last time you speak

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

I thought this would be a good idea because of how common it is for people (like me) that tend to fuck around a lot to post on serious shit like reports. But ok.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Or you could read the rules of the report forum before you comment some nonsensical shit for no reason.

I'm just sayin. There's literally an entire thread about it at the top.

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/posting-on-reports.51053/

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

I believe this was suggested before where someone suggested we use a similar system as the Q&A section where staff would have to approve all the posts (which i think is what you're getting at here).

I think it got shot down because of the scrutiny that we'd just be censoring people.
    I mean it would be nice to have but sticking a warning on here is honestly just easier.

Plus it's common sense by now to not post on reports you're not involved in and it's even written down.
    If you're just going to blatantly ignore it and get banned/warned just because you want to be "edgy and cool", then hey. That's on you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This is the exact reason.

Just don't do it. Think before you post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

I like where this post went. I had an idea and thought that there really wasn’t much to discredit it but I was wrong and I really appreciate the criticism.

• Like Like x 2
  11. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

you should have thought, before you accepted becoming a lead :eyes:

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  12. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

The main reason they don't use approval system for replies, is to prevent the idea of censoring on reports etc

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

yeah lemme apply for adivsor +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Peter

Peter VIP

1. extra work for staff
    2. makes the reporting process harder for the reportee/reporter
    3. trolling on reports is funny and based, and those willing to do it anyway regardless of the potential forum infraction should be able to do so for the sake of our entertainment

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. You received the consequences for doing it, so you'll never do it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hashira

Hashira VIP

have you tried just not breaking the forum rules

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I did it like 8 times so I doubt he’ll not do it again.

18. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

i dont even get why its funny, like its not even about breaking the rules, some rule breaking can be funny, but posting on an appeal/report when you arent meant to? whats the humour there? then again i dont find "memes" funny so i guess that says alot about the difference in humour between me and 99% of sgm

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  19. Peter

Peter VIP

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Wow guys look at how cool, rebellious, and contrarian Dazza is haha doesnt find memes funny!! Haha good one, you showed the man!! You are a paragon of originality!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1