Report Staff/sNAppy-TurTle

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Twinmold93, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

sNAppy-TurTle, it's treated the same way you treat ignoring unID'd bodies. Regardless of if you saw it or not, you still would have committed a traitorous acts and could get killed for it. And it wouldn't be RDM. It's not our fault a player is unobservant and another player is.

2. Zikeji

Please clarify this sentence. "Hiding" is the verb form of "hide".

See the definition here: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hiding

3. sNAppy-TurTle

sNAppy-TurTle VIP Silver

You can only hide something on purpose. But, if it is not on purpose, then it is not hiding. If not hiding C4, and get killed on grounds that you were hiding c4. Then it is an RDM because they have not done anything traitorous. This rule has too much ambiguity. If we are to treat like unided body. Then we should say it in rules.

4. Zikeji

I've started the definition of hide numerous times, why are you unable to grasp it?

It's to PUT or KEEP out of sight. There is no clause in the definition stating that it's not hiding if they didn't intentionally do so. If they don't mention it over voice chat they're covering it up and KEEPing it out of sight.

Is this definition easier to understand?
    • 2. To prevent the disclosure or recognition of; conceal: tried to hide the facts.
      Or this one
    • 3. To cut off from sight; cover up: Clouds hid the stars.

One can easily unintentionally conceal something.

5. sNAppy-TurTle

sNAppy-TurTle VIP Silver

So, if a inno were just get in the way of my view of a C4/tripmine/decoy(which by definition is hiding). I can kos?

6. Zikeji

It follows the same understanding behind the ignoring unID's rule. If a player sees it and ignores it, it's traitorous.

The only reason I'm against adding a separate rule is because we have limited space, but we can remove the two rules and combine them for a new one.

Like so:
    • Not identifying bodies
    • Hiding traitor equipment (C4, decoy, radio)
    becomes
    • Ignoring unID'd bodies and traitor equipment(C4, decoy, radio)

Then we save a line and avoid having staff misinterpret the rule.

7. BreakCustoms

BreakCustoms The Lovely Son Of Carned VIP

From what I'm reading he just has suspicion NOT kos. Snappy should be off the hook since the reporter brok a rule himself

8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Snappy,

Your intention by planting the C4 would be you hiding it so someone does not see it(aka planting it).

There have been numerous times that I have killed someone for being the only person walking away from a small area where I had JUST heard C4 start to beep. I used my common sense and logic to figure out who planted; the guy that walked out of a room where C4 had just started beeping a few seconds before that. It's not killing on suspicion, as the person's intent was to plant and hide the C4 and they simply weren't stealthy enough and got caught. I know it can be frustrating, but it's not RDM.

Now, something that could be considered killing on suspicion say being on Nipperhouse and someone is outside and they neglect to call out an already called out C4. Or if there are multiple people moving in and out of a high traffic location so you can't pinpoint who planted the C4.

The reporting player simply used power of deduction; Snappy goes into a room where there was not C4, then a C4 can be heard from that room and possibly even seen somewhere in that room, then Snappy walks out, and by using the power of deduction that he was the only person going in and out of the room in the time the C4 was planted, it's not hard to figure out who planted the C4.

The rules are put in place to prevent RDM; not to impede logic of the players. The player could have listed a traitorous act for his reason in calling you out; Hiding C4.

9. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

Okay lets tone this down a bit, tempers wont help anyone here.

Snappy, I believe waht Zikeji is trying to say is, if it is reasonable to believe that you should be aware of a C4/tripwire (aka, you came out of a room where it is, or are walking directly away from it/looking at it) and yet you do not make other players aware of it, then it's considered to be hiding the FACT of the C4/tripwire. It's not like we expect people to be able to physically hide a planted C4, but they can hide the fact that they are aware of it.

10. sNAppy-TurTle

sNAppy-TurTle VIP Silver

Thank you for understanding my point. I never intended to sound like a D***. The slay has been removed and I plan to apologize to my fellow mods and Twinmold. As for any punishment, that is up to mango. Please lock if you feel this is completed.

11. Zikeji

A majority of the traitorous acts are suspicious activities that are clarified as being KoSable.

By definition, by not revealing the knowledge of the C4/tripwire they're concealing it. See this portion of the definition: "prevent the disclosure or recognition of".

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This is the only thing that I really needed to see regarding this thread. When you are not the only staff member online, you should NEVER handle your own RDM report. There was, in fact, another staff member online. Based off of Kasta's judgement, being another staff member present during the situation and report, if he, another staff member, felt the report was invalid, then the report is invalid.

Let me reiterate one thing before locking this topic.

Never handle your own RDM reports when you are not the only staff member online.

Topic Locked.

A slay will be voided on the player's record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.