Report Staff Member ; [MD] Smile

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Judge Dredd, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

I understand that RDM happens more often than it should and in some cases that there are no courses of action that make everyone happy. My problem with this particular incident is a lack of response at all. I used the "@" chat, speaking to smile multiple times without a response. I also verbally requested a slay. Even if the event had not warranted a slay it is the moderators job to MAKE that decision as opposed to ignoring it.

I began by saying that Dr.Albino needed to be slain as he had RDM'd me on my T round.

After not receiving a response I then verbally made Smile aware that Dr. Albino had RDM'd. He told me to report it which I had already done and made him aware of.

For his convenience I then reported it AGAIN giving a more detailed description of what had happened.

I don't mind that I lost a T round, or that Dr. Albino evaded a slay. My issue is with the moderators lack of response to the situation. At no point did he contact me or any other player regarding the situation and he did not even acknowledge that it had happened.

2. Classy

Classy Member

Well if you don't remember smile and skip were handling other cases at the moment so they cant do everything at once so give them a break they cant tend to every thing

3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Classy it isn't an issue of "give them a break". As a staff member of Serious TTT they're expected to act professionally. They should at least be expected to say something along the line of "we are currently dealing with other cases, we will be with you momentarily". But the issue isn't how long it took, it's that it didn't happen at all. Any cases they were working on should have been over.

4. Frag

Frag Click Click ` BOOM! VIP

Yeah, anyone who was playing on the server with us just now can tell you that I did my best to handle all of the RDMs. Let me remind you for most of the time we was there, I was the only Moderator on. This means you aren't the only one sending in reports, and you are also not the only one I have to focus on.

I honesty didn't see any of that reporting you were doing... I was either not at my PC, or distracted in another way while in-game. And yes, situations with someone killing someone for an unid is always tricky and the right punishments aren't always given at times.

I would of asked the Dr.Albino about it if I would have saw the report. Have i not been doing that for everyone else who reported things? This should let you know that I didn't see yours and I wasn't trying to ignore it. To be honest this report is petty.

You're reason for reporting me is; not acknowledging RDM reports
    Which is absurd cause I handled almost every RDM that took place in there while I was on just now. Yours was probably the ONLY report not handled, so be specific about it and don't make me seem like I'm just ignoring all the reports.

5. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

At this point Smile was the only moderator on. And these messages cover the span of 3 rounds. I gave him ample opportunity to look into the situation.

6. Frag

Now these messages was over a span of 3 rounds? How so??

Did the maps change or something because I'm certain that I never saw a report from you. Trust me, if I did I would have looked into it... Its the simplest thing in the world to do. I would of just asked why he killed you and if his reason wasn't valid I would have slain him, but I NEVER saw a report.

Again, I say this report is petty.

7. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

Gah I wrote a bunch and now I have to restart cause I fucked up. I have a lot to say so bullets:

1.) As a moderator your sole purpose is to deal with the players of the server. The fact that you have the audacity to claim my report as petty when I gave concise information detailing an event which should have been handled in a significantly better manner is insulting.

2.) Obviously I am not the only person who has an issue. As distracted as you may be your job is to look into each report. If that means killing yourself for a round so you can do your job, so be it. As you have probably seen, I along with help from The Law, have kept up a late night RDM thread. As it's much harder for me I have gone to spectator and killed myself to get screenshots and complete reports.

3.) I did not bring into question your handling of other reports and never said you ignored any but mine. I simply brought to light one situation that you did not even acknowledge.

4.) This is not about the loss of a T round or Dr. Albino missing out on a slay. I feel you did not live up to your moderator position.
    Now, in response to your next comment. Yes, these messages occurred over 3 rounds. The map throughout the entire ordeal was dolls, and I made you aware that I would be reporting you in-game through a private message while still playing on dolls. As I waited for a response you went on playing the game.

8. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

This statement is the embodiment of my issue. No response to my report was made at all with plenty of time given to do so.

9. Frag

From the ss's it looks like we were on rooftops.

You don't feel as if I live up to my Moderator position because I didn't acknowledge ONE report? Again, I mention the fact that this is petty and you're exaggerating and being over-dramatic about a small RDM, that no one even has proof happened. Dr.Albino for all we know could have had legitimate proof, but again I never looked into the report so I wouldn't know.

I take full responsibility for not acknowledging the report/handling it right away as I should as a server mod, but understand that I didn't see it. It would make more sense for me to have been reported if I just completely ignored the report and disregarded the rdm, but i didn't. I never even asked you or him about it therefore never even looking into the thing.

Things would have been otherwise if i would have SEEN THE REPORT. I'm truly sorry if you feel I didn't do my job well as a Mod, but I was the only one online at the moment and I did my best to keep the server RDM free. That's my last statement in this thread, cause I honestly cant argue or debate over small things like this.

I Administrate another very popular server and I know how to handle my duties while online/enforce the server rules. The fact that you think I don't live up to my Moderator position is insulting and shows how much you actually know of me as a Mod.

10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

I didn't ask you to debate anything, and your continuous insults are quite hilarious, actually. I went back through chat logs so I would have screenshots to add to my report. The map at the time the screenshots were taken is rooftops.

"I mention the fact that this is petty and you're exaggerating and being over-dramatic about a small RDM, that no one even has proof happened. Dr.Albino for all we know could have had legitimate proof, but again I never looked into the report so I wouldn't know." !!!THIS!!! You keep trying to make it about RDm and it's not. You didn't handle a report. End of story. The fact that you didn't see it is ON YOU. I sent 3 PM's through the staff chat and made you aware of it verbally. I don't care about any other "popular server" you moderate and their lax rules, or whether you think my report is petty. The matter stands, you did not do your job. This forum is made for reporting such instances.

11. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Smile it is your duty to handle ALL RDM reports when you are on the server alone. However, I can understand missing one or two if it gets busy. Even if you didn't get to a report until a few rounds after it occurred it is your duty to tell them that you are sorry you couldn't get to it and that they can post proof on forums if they really believe they have enough for a slay.

This reason for report isn't "petty" and you have been responding to it in an unprofessional manner. Fact is that you missed a report and you should own up to it and not fight it and cause a conflict. Consider this post a warning. I would expect you to know how to properly respond to a report both on the servers and on the forums and keep it professional.

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I know Dredd always makes sure his reports are taken care of by politely messaging staff; he's even PM'd me a few times.

Some advice, for all moderators, as to what I do sometimes. If reports become overwhelming for any reason, I force myself to spectate so I can handle all reports as quickly as possible and get everyone back to having a pleasant experience on Serious TTT; including myself.

13. Frag

I did say I take full responsibility for missing the report.

I only reacted as such cause I was a little pissed to see that I was being reported after my first week on the job, and I apologize for that. However, all I was trying to do was get my side of things across to Judge and let him know that I in-fact didn't see the report, but he doesn't seem to care about that or want to have understanding for it.

Its okay though, I totally understand that its my job to handle all reports and when I don't its his right to report me for it. Not saying this report isn't legitimate, I just don't think its that big of a deal and that there should be some understanding for my side of things.

To be clear though, I'm receiving a warning? I'm not being demoted or anything of the sort just yet?

14. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

The best way to make sure you get all the RDM reports is to open the console and scroll through, the adminchat is in bright green text so it should stand out that's what I used to do.

15. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

As a new mod you should relish reports. Now's the time to learn from your mistakes. I handled this in a manner most people would not take the time to do; one that could potentially benefit you as well as get my point across. Once again I realize it can be difficult to keep up on everything, it just has to be done. As for you, once again, saying it's not that big of a deal. You did not fulfill your position's requirements. What about that is NOT a big deal? I had hoped you'd respond with something alone the lines of; "Sorry, Judge. I didn't see your report and I apologize." That would have shown maturity and saved a lot of face from the ranting you instead chose to do.

Thank you DIEKASTA for the response.

16. Zikeji

Just wanted to point out though, definition of job:
    "a paid position of regular employment."
    source: https://www.google.com/search?q=define+ ... 2&ie=UTF-8

This isn't a job, it might be a position but we're neither employed nor paid.

True. But as a trade off for being in a position of "power" over players on the server, "staff" must act in a professional matter within the rules set out for them.

17. Shades

Shades VIP

Okay, Can we simply put this as.

Don't let it happen again. Topic over.

18. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

I apologize for the misuse of job lol. I think I got the point across, though ;)

19. Zikeji

It was a little mean to put it that way xD.

20. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Member

I fixed it lol! Who are you because I don't remember ever playing with you o.o...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.