Report Commenting

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

a simple way to make sure nobody comments on reports is by deleting the comment after warning the user. if the comment doesn't stay, there is no incentive to comment and 'take the warning'.
    if they're not involved then there's no reason to keep the comment posted. periot.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Python~

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

This was already a thing during my tenure, clearly didn't work out though

If someone decides to get warned, that's on them. It doesn't take much self-control to not comment on a report

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

tbh this sounds good because I've noticed people just saying "ill take my warning point" and then sharing their input anyways. Obviously the consequence of having a warning point isn't enough, and deleting these useless comments will avoid the clutter in reports and encourage people not to reply when they know they shouldn't. Which honestly, if you know you shouldn't be doing it, its even more dumb to just go ahead and do it anyways :\

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cash

+ The whole idea during my tenure for it was "if it's a shitpost and only a shitpost (i.e. just some random image posted) then it would be removed, others would stay)

6. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

What's the damage, lmao? Are useless comments on a thread that harmful?
    Top issue on sgm, def!
    If you want a fix, create a post review, the staff handling the report can allow/disallow pending comments. These obviously have the same type of punishment, even if it's just a 'pending' comment.

Trolls seek attention and want their post to be seen. So this 'fix' makes it not worth their time. Obviously if that person attempt to spam posts, limit post per day(if its not already limited).

The 'pending comments' can be hidden, if it's not too hard to code >.>

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  7. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Ignore command on profiles :/. -1

• Confusing Confusing x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

how does that help unclutter reports with irrelevant comments?

9. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Don't wanna see their comment? Ignore them until the report is finished. Also why are you people acting like this is huge problem lmao. It's really not.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

Doesn't work that way with staff. Staff shouldn't be ignoring other players, especially for a report.

Also a post review for reports was suggested before and was shot down.

The reasoning is specifically due to censorship.
    Basically read this thread as this is about the same: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/requesting-to-comment-on-reports-and-appeals.53814/

Even if we go about deleting it, it's kind of "censoring" things to others.

11. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

its a suggestion, no one is acting like its a huge problem. And the point of deleting their comment is so it doesn't clutter reports or cause drama depending on the context. You even replied to a report saying "i'll take my warning point for this" just to call someones report petty and insult them. Especially after the report you replied to was pretty reasonable considering most of the community will agree that if you get offended by being called a nazi, then you are too weak to be on the internet. Especially if it offends you on a game like TTT :/

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Cause the report was petty and they wouldn't fuckin listen. Anyways I'm not arguing about this hombre pce

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  13. Cash

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  14. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

This is already done for things like spam and completely unrelated comments, they're just moved to storage

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I suggest that the report section just become moderated like the QNA section and only approve posts that are related to the report itself. Sure, censorship may become a problem, but the report section is suppose to be about dealing with issues that arise from other players and staff, not to be this massive ass drama spectacles where people get to post their idiotic opinions about dumb shit that nobody really cares about anyways.

Just make it moderated. There is really no reason not to. That ways people who only seek attention can just have their posts removed, and warning points don't need to be handed out for something as stupid as "omg i want to speak on this because I know everything"

:0

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

same shit i said. rates dumb :oo: ;-;

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I rated the part where you said this isn't a big issue dumb. Like, okay, but that doesn't mean you can't talk about it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Python~

it's already against the rules to comment on reports that do not involve you so i don't get the censorship argument. it's irrelevant to the report so it shouldn't be on the report, same as the QnA section like paci said.

they can bring it up in pms, make a discussion thread, or whine in shoutbox, but they want the clout and attention

19. Cash

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Python~

that's not true.

and i don't know why you wouldn't delete all comments if the person giving their opinion isn't involved. adds nothing to the report, it just stirs the pot. they're already warned so just remove the comment.