Completed Report against Zypther & Alisae

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by zomborg, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Zypther & Alisae
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    N/A
    Your Steam ID:
    N/A
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Train
    Which Round:
    N/A
    Time of Occurence:
    820ish CST
    Reason For Report:
    Greetings SGM.

Reporting Zypther because he RDM'd a player and wouldn't slay himself, nor would Alisae slay him because he claims he used "logic" to kill someone.

I'll let the video speak for itself considering his reason for killing said player is included.

TL;DR

There were 2 innos and 1 T left. 2 players were MIA. Previous to shooting the T, Zypther claims he and another player are the "last 2 left". He claims to know that the player TIGER is proven as well ask knowing he is proven/innocent but there are 2 MIA players that he mentions in the video. Zypther then sees the last T and proceeds to shoot him for what is seemingly no reason. After the round, Zypther explains his use of "logic" to kill the last T, however it is invalid considering there are still 2 unID/MIA players somewhere.

If he didn't see how he was wrong, the other mod present should have looked at the evidence and heard his explanation and given him a slay but for the next 2 rounds afterwards, nothing was done. Then I got off to clip my video for evidence.

Thanks!

Edit: After watching my video again, it is seen that the last T had a T weapon out, however that was not the explanation given as to why he was killed. From a previous report that was put on me, it isn't always the act it is the intention and the intention/cause was off in this case.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. zomborg

3. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

After @Zypther posts his response, I'll come to a verdict on his side of the report.

4. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

I will also come to the verdict for my mod @Alisae when she gives her half.

5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Hello!
    Here's what happened while we were online, just a simple misunderstanding. During the round, I'd called a live check and both Test Subject and Muffin hadn't responded. The last T, Irish Wristwatch, had started shooting Tiger and I killed him for it. When I had Identified the body, just a tad sooner, another Traitor had done the same, leaving a large list of confirmed deaths and identification messages in the top right, which I'd needed to pay more attention to.
    Confusing this with Muffin Mayhem and Test Subject being confirmed, I'd used common sense to kill the T, as it was just us 3 alive, and the other player was proven innocent. Now, looking at old logs, it shows that other users were identified while I had identified Irish's body, giving proof that I'd accidentally misread the chat in the top right. I've served a slay for the error, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience! This is all my fault, and I accept full responsibility, which I will grow from. I have already taken a slay for this. Sorry about this and I will be paying more attetion next time.

6. Alisae

Alisae VIP Silver

Hello,

I was occupied with another report at the time and was also talking to a user (after warning them, which you can see in the video) about their name possible causing confusion which led to me not having noticed what happened until I was presented the report at which point was a word vs word.

My apology for this. Under normal circumstances I would have been paying attention to what the last people alive were saying/doing and thus have noticed the situation.

7. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

Puddles,

Zypther and I had a discussion on TeamSpeak over the report, over which he explained in the post above mine. What happened here doesn't necessarily seem like a lapse in judgement, but seems to be more of an issue over his attention to the game and his gameplay. Regardless, as staff, further measures should've been taken to make sure that slays that were needed were also given.

The situation, as he describes it, is that preceding the kill you show on video, bodies had been shown as being confirmed by the death of a traitor, which he'd mistakenly assumed was Muffin Mayhem and Test Subject, which were still unidentified. Using that, which left Zypther and the other users as the 3 remaining players, he'd killed the last traitor with common sense. If what he'd "seen" was correct, there wouldn't have been a need for a slay, though as we've seen in the logs, and shown in your video, it wouldn't have been possible. His explanation went off of the situation he'd thought happened, which is, what I'm assuming, had given the other staff online at the time the impression that he hadn't RDMed.

Regardless of why his kill was done, he'd still RDMed, and failed to atone for it at the time, which he's made up through a slay on the server, as seen here. If there are any qualms with this, please don't hesitate to message me on Steam. It's possible that information, not recorded in the logs, has been overlooked, and that other tidbits of information can only be understood by those who were there. As always, reports like these allow us an opportunity to improve the quality of your time on our servers, and the abilities of our staff, and we appreciate them greatly. This report has been found valid, though I will be leaving it open for Rozboon to leave his verdict and mark the thread's tag appropriately.

Thank you,
    CDriscoll

8. zomborg

It may have taken a bit more of an in-depth view of the logs, but it definitely would have shown that there were still unID bodies present during the kill, which is why I included Alisae in the post.

Some situations are genuinely wvw but I feel like she should have looked into things a bit more or even spectated herself to really get down to see whether or not Zypther should have been slain. Considering the player that was RDM'd was pretty adamant about what happened and there was a small discussion about it immediately afterwards that should warrant a bit more concern when looking into a report. Not all are obviously valid, but even invalid reports of staff RDM should be looked through even moreso to guarantee things like this don't happen; ex this report. I get that the server was busy, but it wasn't like it was the last round and it was absolutely impossible to look through the logs immediately.

9. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

With all the information from the 2 staff involved, this report is valid and I have spoken to Alisae about her half and other ways to attempt to find out if anyone was still unid in the situation. She was trying to handle other reports and people pming her with various questions so it's understandable that she put others first to make sure they didn't pile up and there was only one that went without a deeper look into.

If you have any other questions, pm on the forums, this report is valid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.