Invalid Report against Tybe

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Kythol, Sep 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Tybe
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:68523473
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:40598293
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    Minecraft B5
    Which Round:
    3 or 4, don't really remember
    Time of Occurence:
    around 9:15-9:20 EDT
    Reason For Report:
    False slay. I killed a player for firing a sniper in the general direction of 3 players I had line of sight on as well as seeing a detective move down towards the traitor room (an area in his potential line of sight). Tybe claims that I did not "literally" see what the player was shooting at, and that the person they were actually shooting at was not "in the general direction" of the players in my line of sight.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

[​IMG]

Tybe says that I "did not literally see where or who the victim was shooting at".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However, in the clip, I spot the detective heading down towards the lower area (the tree/traitor room area).

[​IMG]

In this case, while I may not have seen what he exactly shot at, I had more than enough info for common sense to due to the 3 people in the general direction of his shot and my knowledge of the detective moving down towards the traitor room area.​

2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

3. Tybe

Tybe VIP

heyo, I've seen this and will respond when I'm done staffing.

4. Tybe

Tybe VIP

Howdy again.
    Here's the report,
    20200909212111_1.jpg
    Here's the ds that I investigated live,
    Firstly, I slayed you for Kill on Sus. And dealing with kill on sus with snipers / watching from behind someone, I make sure that the person watching can actually see who their target is shooting at, if they can't determine who or what exactly their target is shooting at then it's kill on sus because the target may not be shooting at someone at all. I told you that you literally did not see your target was shooting at because at the time of the shot,
    kythol2.png
    you had no line of sight at all on neither the victim detective or the group of people at the lighthouse. So you could not have known exactly where the target shot therefore Kill on Sus.

Now to go into a bit of detail with your recording. With your pov, it shows that you prove what I said above to be true, that you did not physically have line of sight on where your target was shooting, only the angle from your target's gun to go off of which was also body blocked by your target at the time of firing.
    You sent me the gyazo screenshot of the target shooting to me in game, saying that your target had shot in the direction of the group of people at the light house. A short while afterwards over discord I gave you my own screenshot of my death scene exactly when hentai shot, showing you that hentai did not actually shoot at the group instead at a detective that you couldn't see.
    Now in this forum report you say you saw the detective that hentai was shooting at as you approached them, but you didn't say anything about that in game. You went quiet about the report after you had showed your screenshot to me and after I gave mine to you. so I assumed you were sticking to your reason that the shot was still in the general direction of the group at lighthouse. After watching your video, I kinda doubt that you even saw the detective at all, as they only pop up in the video for less than a split second and then never again, as shown slowed down in my video.

I think that's all I have to say for right now, might update later if I think of anything that I forgot. but for now, tagging my admin @RhazhBash again to take a look at this and for their thoughts/conclusion.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  5. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

A couple of things about this.

First, I didn't mention it originally in game because I didn't feel that it would be necessary. I figured that him aiming and shooting in the general direction of three other people would have been enough. However, for you, it wasn't.

When you messaged me on Discord, I tried to reiterate that the shot was close enough to three other people that it should have been a reasonable kill. However, after a couple of messages, I felt that trying to give any more evidence, including the bit about me seeing the detective, would have been pointless.

[​IMG]

Simply taking what I said and saying the exact opposite isn't a great way to prove your point. You pulled a "no you" and offered no evidence to prove what I said was wrong. Explaining myself further/giving more evidence and having the same dismissive tactic potentially done several more times to that evidence didn't seem like a valuable use of my time, especially since I was about to be (or already had been) slain at that point.

Second, while I don't appreciate being accused of lying, I understand why you'd think that I didn't originally see the detective. It was for a split second, and it's reasonable to suspect that most players would miss it. Unfortunately, there's no way to prove that I did see the detective. I don't have a webcam or eyetracker to prove that I saw it. All I can say is that I was looking at the right side of my screen while walking over to the player in order to make sure that I knew where people were, and that's when I saw the detective. I don't always look at things directly in front of me. Instead, I tend to look at the sides of the screen to get an understanding of my surroundings. It's how I've played the game since I first started in 2013, and it's how I play basically any game.

6. Tybe

Tybe VIP

I never said or accused you that you were lying, I'll give you that it might have been read as such, but I meant it in my own opinion that I doubted that you saw the detective. I just also don't see how seeing someone for a split second is good common sense evidence on where they will go a couple seconds after, they could've gone to the right towards the pool or towards the under of overhang instead of in front of t area.
    I apologize about how dismissive I seemed about the discord chat, I wasn't trying to be rude. I'll try to convey myself better next time. I didn't have much to argue about as my only argument was exactly that the shot wasn't in the general direction and my screenshot was my evidence of that, and with no further response other than insisting that it was I thought it was over and didn't think of anything else to say so I went back to staffing.

One more thing, I'm not supposed to assume any other reasons for you, so because you only told me about the general direction reason, I kept the slay because I firmly believe that shot was not in the general direction of the group and that it was at a specifically different location. I'm not a final word kind of person, so I will remove slays if I can to investigate further if I feel that another possibility happened or need to make sure of something. But if you withhold reasons that might make me doubt my judgement, then I can't or won't think to do that.

7. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

This was honestly a difficult report to judge, but I'm going to mark it Invalid.

This sentence is why I'm marking it that way.
    Your assumption that the victim shot at the 3 people by the lighthouse was incorrect according to the deathscene. On top of that, the victim's sniper wasn't angled towards that area from your perspective. Honestly before I saw the bullet trails in the deathscene I thought his gun was pointing towards the ground in front of him, and I definitely didn't see the barrel pointed at the lighthouse. I don't think you had a good enough idea of where his gun was pointed, and there was no bullet trail in the video to show you exactly where it was. Shooting the other side of the traitor room isn't in the general direction of the lighthouse.

You did see a detective between the lighthouse and traitor room, but not for long enough to figure out where he was going. When the victim shot at the detective, you had no clue where that detective was. How could you know that detective you saw was going to be on the left side of the T room and not under the bridge?

Here's two screenshots of your video that I want to point out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two screenshots are the points in the video where you saw the left side of the T room, and neither of them show the spot the detective was in when he was shot. Even if you 100% knew where the bullet was going, as far as you knew the general area to the left of the T room was empty, and you couldn't make any conclusions about who was behind the T room.

I'll admit that Tybe didn't do the best job communicating the situation after slaying you, but he handled the report properly based on what information you had at the time. Your lack of knowledge of where the bullet was going and who was in the area of the shot warranted a slay. Next time pay more attention to the bullet trail and where the shot lands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.