Invalid Report against The Trashman

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by adistriker4, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    The Trashman
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:116979407
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    ttt_67thway
    Which Round:
    I believe it was the 2nd to last round on the map
    Time of Occurence:
    4:10-4:15PM
    Reason For Report:
    I got reported after killing an innocent. I walked inside of a building and saw two people die. I witnessed Frockleader shoot at someone and he hadn't called anyone out or said anything, and so I killed him. Then @The Trashman slays me and says something along the line of "He didn't shoot anyone, lel". I'm sure I saw him shoot. Idk if Trashman only looked at the deathscene or what as there was a little bit of time between me seeing the incident and me killing him.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. ryan

ryan yeet VIP

3. The Trashman

The Trashman Member

Ok as far as the report goes You were reported for rdm by flock and you stated he was killing afks. I watched the death scene and he didn't shoot anyone as well as I checked the logs on if he had rdmed any innocent players within that room. The only kill he had during that round was when a traitor had damaged/killed another player And here are the logs of you killing him after the grace period after he had Identified the traitors body.
    He hadn't killed any afks and the only kill was a T and a valid kill so you were slain for rdm.
    also this took place on round 5 and the reason I slayed him was "He didn't shoot anyone RDM".
    I will leave this open for Irish to look at.

Attached Files:

4. Actually, in my report, I stated he was shooting at people(turned out to be one person) when I walked in and he had not said anything. I didn't say anything about AFKs in my report. I mentioned AFKs later on because one guy was AFK in there. Doesn't change the fact that he still shot someone. I told you multiple times and in my report that he was shooting at someone without calling it out and you just told me "No he didn't" . He clearly did. As for the valid kill, yes it was valid but there was no way for me to know that at the time. He didn't call out anyone when he was shooting. From my view, he looked like T killing an AFK and another player. By the time Flock said he was proven, I was already zoomed in on his head with my sniper and took the shot. Your reason for slaying me was that he didn't shoot anyone, but he did as can be seen from the logs you posted.

"The only kill he had during that round was when a traitor had damaged/killed another player"

That was like ten seconds before the incident, you're making it sound like it happened way earlier in the round. I witnessed him make that kill without calling out a KOS or anything. I couldn't get to him right then and there as I was on the other side of the building. I had already been zoomed in shortly after he made that kill.

5. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

Heyo Adi,
    sorry for the delay in getting this done but here we go , in this scenario @The Trashman is correct in his verdict , i’m aware you saw him shoot and possibly kill a player which you’ve stated above but if you’d look at the screenshots above you’ll see that the identification of a T took place at 1:02 by the guy you were trying to kill , exactly 10 seconds later at 1:12 you shot and kill him. i’m afraid there’s only a 5 second window called the 5 second grace period after a t has been identified in which you call shoot the killer if you didn’t happen to notice they were a t, but in this case you left it along time, maybe you couldn’t shoot right away or something but regardless you could have made out in that time that he was a t, that flock had killed, making the slay of RDM valid.
    that is why i’m going to mark this report was invalid and i’m going to leave it unlocked for closing remarks by yourself @adistriker4 and of course @The Trashman if you wish!
    sorry again it took so long for me to respond.

-Irish

6. Fair enough, I was just confused at Trashman's reasoning at the time. He had only told me that the other player did not shoot anyone. At the time, nothing about grace periods or anything else stated above was brought up so that's why I was confused with his reasoning for the slay. I apologize.

Thank you both for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.