Invalid Report against Temar

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Peter, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter

Peter VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Temar
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:5119023
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:35152398
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Community Bowling
    Which Round:
    Approximately 2nd round
    Time of Occurence:
    Approximately 4:40 AM
    Reason For Report:
    Early in the round, I heard shots and found the body of the Detective. The detective died to an HK (I think that's what is pictured), and had last words saying "SavannahBanana is th--". This can be seen here. https://i.imgur.com/RjRwvF9.jpg

Those familiar with TTT know that the hyphenation at the end occurs when someone is in the midst of typing a sentence and dies suddenly with the textbox open, leaving the "last words" with whatever they managed to type (I believe this also can occur with binds, as it has here).

I found Savannah and noticed he was holding the same gun that just killed the detective. Naturally, I blasted his head clean off. Turns out he was a traitor. Job done, right? He reports me and claims I had no evidence. I cited the detective, who he killed, and had called him out in his last words. I even gave him a screenshot.

Temar handles the report and slays me for one round. I ask him why and he said even with the screenshot, it was not enough. I asked him why the last words and the fact that he was holding the same gun was not enough and Temar said that this was not enough evidence, because the hyphenation meant that he could have been typing "SavannahBanana is the best" (actual quote). I told him that was ridiculous and that nobody would assume that to be the case or look at it with that much scrutiny in TTT, especially considering he was holding the same weapon. If that is not enough evidence to kill someone in TTT, then what is enough? Why don't we end KOS'ing people for standing near unidentified bodies because an innocent person can coincidentally stand by an unID'd and not realize it? Because player discretion is heavily involved in this game.

I was already slain, so I would just want the slay removed from my record if possible please.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Tagging @Temar to adress your concerns.
    As his lead admin, I will give my verdict on the report once he has provided his input and evidence.

3. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

Here is the Report
    [​IMG]

and the screenshot for the last words on the corpse

[​IMG]

You did not mention of weapons in the report only later on while talking to me, although its still a kill of sus even with that
    as i explained ingame what was said was not a valid KOS as in no way did he said to kill savannah or that savannah was a traitor
    you are simply guessing at what might of been getting typed but could of been something else

here is the ingame convo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is the rules in regards to a valid kos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will now leave the rest to @Teroxa to finish

4. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Hey there.
    I'll make this quick.

Temars decision was indeed correct here.
    "xy is th-" is not considered a valid KOS as it neither expresses that xy should be killed, nor that xy is a traitor.
    We are aware of the 'last words'-mechanic, however for a kill based on last words to be valid, it must contain a valid KOS.
    It's not a complete KOS and therefor not valid according to our rules. You can read more about our KOS rules in this post.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here.
    Report invalid.

~ Teroxa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.