Invalid Report against Sticky Bandit

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Hongo, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Sticky Bandit
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    penis
    Your Steam ID:
    Russiagate
    Which Server:
    Deathrun
    Which Map:
    n/a
    Which Round:
    n/a
    Time of Occurence:
    idk its in the picture
    Reason For Report:
    i guess if im a staff i can say slurs now or am i retarded

Dike (It's actually spelled dyke) is the lesbian equivalent of f a g g o t ​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    [​IMG]

2. Hongo

Hongo VIP

and yknow since i got banned for 1 day for using slurs i expect action doip doip doip

3. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

4. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I have seen this, will respond shortly.

5. Sticky Bandit

Few things.
    1) The girls I was talking to at the club were calling themselves dikes. Said something among the lines of "Me and my girlfriend? We're a couple of dikes lmao you can't tell?".
    2) My friends, and a bunch of other people at the club who were talking with that girl was saying Dike, and had nobody had any problems with it. Nobody gave any stink eyes, said anything, dropped their jaws, etc.
    3) Dike is not the equivalent of f@ggot, in any way, shape, or form. Don't make it out to be.

Now, if this is actually a slur, I do apologize, but there's a lot of ways words have been changing in the past 10 years that have gone from not-a-slur, slur, then not-a-slur again. I think this is one of those words, I don't really know. I genuinely never thought of it as a slur, and don't really see it as one in this instance seeing as the girl used it herself to describe herself as it, along with multiple other people.

If this is a slur, Teroxa will clarify and again, I will apologize because I genuinely didn't know.

6. Hongo

Hongo VIP

If saying "zypperhead" to Zypther got me banned for 1 week on forums, then uh, yeah dyke is a fucking slur

7. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Just for a heads up, I was never insulted by the zypperhead incident, and I wouldn't even call it an incident, through it my four years here there have been many "zyp-" "zypper"-" names/simple digs at me before, many good, rarely 1 bad, so much so I dont remeber a bad combo.

To apply zypper head to the derogatory term that it was compared to, is just looking for an issue. The mod, sticky bandit, I'm pretty sure he has done some combo with my name in the past, knows that this was not out of malice. I never informed that I was upset, and well it is a obvious stretch to cause an issue.

Now in a irrelevant place, to say the word dyke is fine because they said it is much like saying the n word because they said it, or fagg*t because they said it. Its mob mentality and shows poor skills that is a necessity for staffing.

8. Hongo

Hongo VIP

[​IMG]

this is the zypperhead issue referenced. Which resulted in an immediate one week forum ban for using a slur. But I guess its okay for Sticky to say dyke. :rolleyes:

9. Sticky Bandit

To clarify the zypphead thing:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The only warning issued was a verbal one. Memelord then explained the origin of the term zipperhead.
    [​IMG]
    This was 6 months ago - so I don't exactly recall the details. But you agreed that it made sense as to why it was offensive, and why I gave you a verbal warning.
    [​IMG]

Now, there's a reason it was only left at a verbal warning. Probably had to do with the fact you didn't really recognize it as a slur, so I didn't see much reason for going any further.
    Or, it's because mods don't have the necessary authority over shoutbox to really "enforce" any rules.
    Or, it's because when I first started out I was overly strict with the slurs thing - evidenced by Frost's ban appeal on me where I kicked him for saying "negro" and explaining the spanish word, then banned him for saying "nigga".

Dunno which one it was, seeing as this was 6 months ago. But, I can see a reason for you to not use the word was given, and I haven't seen anyone use "zypperhead" to describe zyp since then, so... there's that. /shrug

10. Hongo

Hongo VIP

if It was a warning, then why was i banned for it.

11. Sticky Bandit

Wrote up and posted my comment before I saw the one above it by Hongo.
    I did not forum ban you for anything related to slurs. For starters, moderators cannot forum ban. I can see a warning point was issued on your account a day after you said zypperhead on this post.
    [​IMG]
    Then, about a week later you were warned on this post.
    [​IMG]

Perhaps this is where your ban was? I'm not entirely sure myself, but as I said -- moderators do not even have the power to forum ban. I'll ask the administration team to take a look into it and see if or why you were banned around that time. But yeah, that's not my fault you were banned :p

12. Hongo

Hongo VIP

It was a manual ban by an +admin. I remember the orange name.

See, I love it. YOU can say slurs, no problem, no warning. I say a slur, warning + immediate ban. Wink was right, he foretold this and told me you'd all begin engaging in this shit.

13. Sticky Bandit

Not true. Not true at all. If it turns out "dike" is a slur, Teroxa is gonna talk to me about it. I'm gonna get a pretty harsh talking to I reckon, especially given the report Helix made against me where I pretty much told him to 'fuck off' without using those words. So, no... I won't get away with no warning.

Have you perhaps gotten a direct message from the admin who banned you, explaining the reasoning for the ban? Again, not really sure if or why you were banned besides the two warning points I found. Moderators possess to forum power to ban.
    I'd also like to say again - this was 6 months ago, and during my first week of being a moderator. I was definitely overly strict with slurs thing back then, won't deny that. But... I didn't ban you. Only a verbal warning.

Please don't take this stuff personally my guy.....

14. Hongo

Hongo VIP

how have you not even googled "is dyke a slur" yet. just take the L

15. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

There’s unfortunately no logs in admin cp I can locate of such a forum ban. While I’m here...
    That’s very far from the truth and disingenuous of you, Hongo.

It’s honestly baffling to me that you haven’t received a hefty in-game yet since this warning. That said, I’ll just lock thread until the proper parties can handle it.

16. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The thing with Zypther is unrelated here. As far as the word "dyke" goes? It wasn't used in an offensive way, but a more appropriate word probably could have been used here like "lesbian". Thanks for reporting, but I see no real issue here.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.