Invalid Report against Staff

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by TrinityBlade ⚔️, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Staff
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    Doesn't matter
    Your Steam ID:
    Linked
    Which Server:
    EU
    Which Map:
    Doesn't matter
    Which Round:
    Doesn't matter
    Time of Occurence:
    Doesn't matter
    Reason For Report:
    I am reporting Staff today since he is clearly not fit to become a moderator and should receive a sanction for his behaviour on the server today.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Exhibit #1 comes from a situation in which a member of the community was saying the n word over voice communication. I politely asked them to stop saying this n word, regardless of whether they were using it with -er or -a.
    Shortly after telling them to stop saying it, Staff pm'd me a message: Although this may seem harmless, it clearly shows his clear lack of care for how people feel within the community to certain people's actions. Whether the person saying the n word should be punished or not is not up to me, but I should at least be able to ask a player to stop doing something without being told that I should leave it to people who are more suitable to doing that same job. I did message Staff twice after this and he blanked my messages and failed to respond at all..

The second piece of evidence I have against Staff is about a joke he made on the server shortly after the aforementioned situation. This is the joke that he made (which I assume is a bind of his) This is a joke that someone who is meant to act professional should not make. This is a comment which is extremely controversial and should not have been made in the first place. At the very least, I believe he should receive a warning about these type of comments.​

2. TrinityBlade ⚔️

3. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

That is an old bind that i had a few years ago and I was typing in discord and hit it. Absolutley my fault.

In regards to people saying the n word, its not your job to be warning people for saying that as mellow had already handled that situation. Again sorry for everyone about that bind I take full responsability.

4. TrinityBlade ⚔️

Hi Staff, I appreciate the fast reply to this report and understand if you did have an old bind that you accidentally hit, I hope you learned a lesson from this.
    However, I will not accept you talking to me as if I'm not allowed to ask someone to stop saying the n word. Whether Mellow handled it or not, is none of my business, I was simply asking the player to stop saying something which is obviously against the rules. The manner of which you spoke to me was unacceptable, if you had said something along the lines of "Hey, Mellow has handled this situation, could I please ask you to not warn players for their behaviour, but rather forward it to a moderator/admin who can properly assess the situation and deal with it in the best way possible" then I wouldn't have filed this report, but the sheer lack of respect you had by simply messaging "mellows job mate" clearly implies that you believed I was in the wrong. I was not intending to do anything malicious, was simply trying to be helpful and stop players from using words which could offend other players.

5. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

tagging @Mellow as mellow was on and involved partly and may have something to add

6. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

Yes I have unbinded that key, and for the pm, i was busy with reports and was just sending you a quick message so the conversation did not elevate in any way. My appologies if it seemed as an attack or disrespectful as it wasnt meant to be.

7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey @TrinityBlade ,

Thanks for the report today. I've taken a read through everything here, and while I can see some of the concern, there's not enough here to really constitute a valid report today.

For your first instance- Staff wasn't going outside of his capacity by informing you that it was mellow's job to handle the harassment currently going on in the server. We do prefer to leave warnings and the moderation to the staff members rather than the individual players- in fact this clause is even stated in the extended rules under backseat moderating. Often times when coming from someone who isn't in a staff position this can actually instigate the current situation rather than pacify it. Because of this, we rather leave those instances to our staff members.

The second instance however is something that may be of slight concern- but as Staff has mentioned previously here that this bind was just a small mistake based off of an old bind. I don't see any evidence here of him refusing to remove it after it was posted (he has mentioned that he already removed it), or any type of gross negligence. Due to how incredibly minor this is, and the fact that this is a trial moderator who is still in training and learning the ropes of how the staff team works- I'm going to go ahead and mark this invalid.

Let me know if you have anymore Q's!
    HelixSpiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.