Invalid Report against Smusha

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by War, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. War

War VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Smusha
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:46971830
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:187571643
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    lifetheroof
    Which Round:
    last 2 or 3
    Time of Occurence:
    11am
    Reason For Report:
    I landed and killed both me and STEAM_0:1:40976961, in an attempt to jump in the pool on the bottom level of the map. (Yes i was ready to serve my slay, if the other player wanted me to) but in chat he said he was alright with it as the picture shows:
    https://imgur.com/a/IDQvS or
    https://imgur.com/5UYAFZx

At this point, with the amount of hours I have I don't care about my punishments history as long as they were fairly put and served. I'm fine with this slay staying on my record, i was already ready to serve it anyway.
    All I'm triggered about is Smusha not asking or perhaps explaining to the other player what he meant (if he did not know what voiding is) by asking again or taking his attention somehow. Instead of using the lack of response as a "Yes, slay him (me), he fell on me" or something along those lines..
    His report against me did have some rage in it, but after he asked me in chat why I fell on him and I explained he went all friendly and said its okay.

What I'm expecting from this? For him to not use the lack of response as a yes/no answer in the future, and for him to at least admit he wasn't patient enough to wait for a response from the other player!​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Reason I'm reporting Smusha is to get my point across of him not properly obtaining a response about whether STEAM_0:1:40976961 wanted my report to be voided or not and I have a few.

1. Maybe he didn't see your message when you asked him first, so why not say it again?
    2. Maybe he did not understand what you meant by voiding or whatever you asked him exactly.

I will post all screenies of my convo with Smusha (in their respective order) about this so whoever takes a look at this will have the full story and would hopefully have a non biased answer(although that is a slim chance, considering how close/friendly are some players here((not that, that is a bad thing, just limits a lack of bias in forum posts).
    If I did make a mistake somewhere or I misunderstood, please tell me so I can learn from my own mistake, if not then thank you for looking at this report!
    https://imgur.com/a/hBVRi or
    https://i.imgur.com/6v3sajv.jpg
    https://imgur.com/dCW4jNd
    https://imgur.com/2xLlUpu
    https://imgur.com/jcFE0Ge
    https://imgur.com/EUGanmU
    https://imgur.com/FEAZK7x

I apologize if some of the context doesn't add up or sounds if I'm repeating myself, I added a few bits here and there after I wrote this report to make it more readable with less mistakes.

2. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

3. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

Hello @War and thank you for taking the time to make this lengthy report!

I will be keeping this fairly short and sweet since I believe we've spent enough time going over this slay in game.
    Below you will find the report you were slain for:
    [​IMG]
    Below you will find evidence of me asking the victim (the legend 27) if he forgives you:
    [​IMG]

Now I will be going over the same things I've covered in my conversation with you after the slay has already been served.
    You have stated in this little colorful segment of the report that you do not wish for me to use a lack of response as a yes/no answer in the future.Thing is however, that it is not up to me to interpret anything.Protocol dictates what I am allowed to do in certain scenarios.In this scenario (Player reporting another, admin asking for forgiveness and then the victim never responding) protocol dictates that I must take the report that is already there as the player wishing you to be slain.If a user creates a valid report against someone and then does not respond when he is asked whether he wishes to forgive or not that report automatically becomes valid.(As it was valid in the first place)
    What I have done was not personal interpretation but following protocol for such a scenario.

Moving on, asking for forgiveness is not a mandatory step when dealing with an already created valid report. I could have slain you as soon as you answered the report and that would have not been an issue whatsoever(rulewise that is)
    If forgiveness is asked for and actually received by the admin he is then allowed another choice.He can choose to accept the forgiveness and close the valid report without issuing a slay or ignoring said forgiveness and issuing a slay anyways.(That is once again 100% within our protocol)
    I have asked the player if he forgives you or not as a courtesy to you since it was an accidental RDM.(As not now however, an accidental RDM is still RDM and it is punished accordingly)

That takes care of everything that there is to know about what rules apply to such a scenario and whether or not I have actually broken any when dealing with this report.

I wish to address two more issues concerning this incident:

1:You yourself stated that you do not care whether you get slain or not for this report(As seen below)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And then later on in our conversation you proceeded to say this:
    [​IMG]
    And as I have said in the same conversation, your slay count matters little to none to anybody but you.(Unless you have an exceptionally large amount of slays served)
    Obviously in the end you do care about the slay, but you have said it later on in the discussion as opposed to starting with it. The second issue I wish to address ties in closely with this.

2:You waited to be slain and only afterwards you choose to link me this image:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, you have been forgiven by the victim way before we even talked about this report(and way before you were slain).
    Instead of you telling me that(not uploading the image), or copy and pasting The Legend 27's chat message to me via whisper or adminchat you instead decided to say this when I have informed you that I did ask him if he forgives you:
    [​IMG]
    Once again, if you did not actually care about being slain or not you would have opened our talk by at least mentioning the fact that you did get forgiveness from the victim already.
    What you choose to do instead was to be rude and then drag on the discussion without ever mentioning that Legend did in fact forgive you before your slay was served.

What I am trying to say is that the outcome of this situation was determined by your actions as well, not only mine.I cared not for the fact that you were rude(we get much worse on the daily) and that is not why I decided to slay you. You were slain because you said you did not care and because you made little to no effort to actually prevent the slay from being issued. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.There were several chances you had to tell me that you were already forgiven(while I was waiting on Legend to message me back) and you let all of them go by, instead focusing on(and I will be blunt about it) sparking up an useless argument.
    In the end, I've received no answer from Legend by the time the round ended and you were slain according to protocol.(1 slay for one piece of accidental RDM)

What this report really boils down to is you being angry at the fact that you were slain for a valid report against you.That however is not a report-able offense.(Especially since no breach of protocol ever occurred when you report was handled)
    What "triggers" you is something that I am not obligated to do in the first place. As I have said above asking(or even accepting) forgiveness is not a mandatory step when dealing with a valid report.
    Once again, like I previously stated 3 times now it is not up to me to interpret anything.We use hard evidence and we follow a protocol when dealing with every situation.In this case protocol dictates that if an answer is not given when a user is asked if he forgives the offender then the valid report is to be considered valid and thus punishment is issued accordingly.
    The issue that you have with this report is nothing but personal at this point.

I hope that my response will give you all the answers you need.
    If not, my lead admin @Opalium will give his input on this matter as well in order to close this report and mark it either valid or invalid.

I thank you for your time and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

4. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey @War.

I'll keep it short as there isn't much else to add. Smusha already addressed most of it.

Our protocol is very simple when it comes to forgiveness: an admin or above can forgive an RDM only if the victim explicitly agrees to forgive the attacker. Therefore, lack of response from said victim is not enough to be considered forgiveness. This is how our protocol works and it's nothing new, Smusha just followed it as he should. He messaged the victim and asked him, but never got a response in return. I apologize if this feels unfair to you, but this is how it works in our servers.

With all this in mind, I'm marking this report invalid. Smusha did not break any rules or protocol, and did exactly what he should do in this situation.

Have a pleasant day/night.
    -Opalium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.