Invalid Report against Slutccubus/Jabba the Slut

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by iii, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Slutccubus/Jabba the Slut
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:67243880
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:44507556
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    ttt_minecraftcity_v4_dark
    Which Round:
    3? 2?
    Time of Occurence:
    ~04:06 PM
    Reason For Report:
    I was killed by Temar for carrying the lava block on the special map added to vanilla for Halloween: ttt_minecraftcity_v4_dark.

Now I don't mind it being traitorous, the most visible block has <a massive and broken fire hitbox>(the blocks under that don't do any damage) and it's only use is to help activate a lava trap that floods the middle of the map with lava.

My problem is that dazza (though I'm reporting Jabba because Jabba is the person who can make these rules) told Temar in private message that he could kill people carrying the lava block, without informing other players or making it a public rule.

As such I was killed for something I had no knowledge was traitorous (I didn't even bring the block close to anyone) and something that I COULDN'T have had knowledge of, because that knowledge was nowhere at all.

My hope is that Jabba serves a slay out of this.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    The current map extended rules has no mention of it being traitorous:
    [​IMG]
    The Halloween event announcing thread, with no mention of this rule specific to this temporary map, only the map is announced: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/halloween-event-2020.56797/
    Jabba's response:
    [​IMG]

2. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

@Jabba the Slut as the reported player.

I really don't mind this rule, I'd just hope you don't think it's fair to enforce a rule that only select people know about.

3. sleepy panda

sleepy panda A panda that may be sleeping VIP Bronze

4. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

from previous experience on the map I found the lava block to do alot of damage (almost insta kill)
    and as such figured it would probably treated as a kosable block, but ofc wanted to confirm this so I asked in staff chat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

The lava block follows the same rules as all other dangerous props of its calibre, and carrying it is akin, if not more dangerous, than carrying an explosive item. Since the map was in rotation for only a week we saw no real necessity to include what is a rather obvious rule regarding an (almost) insta kill weapon. All that could have been done better was to remind everyone that was the case since clearly it was not obvious to everyone.

Invalid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.