Invalid Report against Siddo

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Trippynuke, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trippynuke

Trippynuke New Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    Siddo
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    Siddo
    Your Steam ID:
    TrippyNuke
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    Doll
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:

Reason For Report:
    I "rdm" a guy who said i threw a grenade and thats him trying to get a false kos on me so i killed him and i got a slay and siddo removed the slay so i left and now im banned.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I've seen this, please give me a while to type out the response and gather my evidence.

3. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Alright, first off, thanks for reporting me, this is my first forum report against me as staff, so please bear with me.

I received a report from another player claiming you had RDM'd them.
    [​IMG]

Your response to this was that he was saying you had thrown grenades, when you had only dropped them.
    After he said you had thrown grenades again, you proceeded to both KOS him in voice chat and kill him yourself, the logs attached to the report show the latter.

My initial verdict on this was RDM as he had never actually KOS'd you for it.
    'Baiting' others into KOSing you - your stated reason for the kill - is not grounds to kill a person and had someone actually KOS'd you, then they would've been liable for slay(s) due to RDM, as they had not witnessed you commit any traitorous acts.
    Him lying/misinterpreting your actions is only grounds for suspicion.

In short: someone calling out that you've thrown grenades is not in itself a KOS and killing that someone for saying you have thrown grenades amounts to a kill on suspicion.

[​IMG]
    As you can see, after you had disagreed with being slain over voice chat, I explained to you my reasoning for slaying you, to which your response was "k ill just go to forums" - and since I would rather have avoided such, I made an offer:
    [​IMG]

You did not respond to this, but I believe it had made my intentions clear when
    [​IMG]

However, before I could go over the situation again, as seen in the screenshot, the map changed, and moments into the new map you left.
    I was about to reapply the slay, as I had gone over the report again and concluded that my initial verdict was correct, but before I could, you had left. As seen below, I was working on your report when you left.
    [​IMG]

Given that you had left after the removal of the slay and before I could reapply it, I was unsure to handle the situation, but after conferring with Mellow I was told to treat it as RDM & leave.

I believe my actions in handling the original report were correct and as such the slay should never have been removed, I only did it to ensure I had time to properly go over the report again between map change and loading back on the server as I would hate to treat a player unfairly or have them slain due to a mistake on my part.
    I'm sorry if the slay removal made it seem like I had changed my verdict, I should have informed you in more clear terms that I was going over the report again and that you should stay until I could give my final verdict. I'll make an effort to communicate more clearly in scenarios like this moving forwards.

Tagging @Mellow to give his verdict on my conduct and finish this report.

4. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Hey @Trippynuke, thank you for taking the time to report my moderator @Siddo.

Basically the way he handled the situation was entirely fine. His original verdict of making the report valid and slaying you for it was correct as the player in question did not call a KOS on you by stating that you're throwing grenades (even if you had only dropped them) and therefore your kill on him was unjustified. Siddo was correct in slaying you and even offered to reinvestigate the situation, which he explained to you. It was clear that the report was not dealt with at the time you left as Siddo stated he'd reinvestigate the situation but you left the server regardless of that, so the ban was entirely justified. To sum it up, I don't see Siddo doing anything wrong in this situation.

Due to that I'll deny this report on my moderator.

If you have questions regarding my verdict on this report feel free to start a conversation with me.

~Mellow

Report: Invalid
    Thread: Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.