Invalid Report against scuffed water

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Harvest, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    scuffed water
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    Roy the Ship
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:
    07.55pm
    Reason For Report:
    So, Roy the Ship, I'm holding a prop still to stop people coming in. Nobody's in danger, no C4. Someone comes up to me, and tells me if I don't move, he's going to shoot me. I don't move, he shoots me, RDM. Clear, obvious.

Except, scuffed water says that, in fact, tiny bits of prop damage don't get recorded, so it's then a word vs word situation, despite no prop damage showing up in the logs. Was a deathscene looked at? I'd love to see that.

However, seeing as the last time I reported this mod it took a literal week to get sorted and all of the info was suspiciously "not for public eyes", I'm not expecting this to get anywhere.

This is a mod who, on an earlier map, RDM'd a detective and did dick all about it. I know you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for mods, but fuck me get some standards. I've just tabbed back in to find he's gagged the server, myself included, because he doesn't know that shit works.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Harvest

3. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

Alright, lets make one thing clear. When sindre and I were messing around, I slayed myself after i killed him, so your claim that i didn't punish myself is false. As for the rest of the report, I will have evidence for it tonight.

4. Harvest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And thanks for the reply, it's good to know that mods nowadays are up to the standard of dicking around and getting people killed.

5. 11Cent

11Cent : ) VIP

i was present during this event here and scuffed made it very clear it was a mistake that lasted, maybe 8 seconds.

6. Anonymous1

As for this, the guy was micspamming and when I gagged him for some odd reason the ulx command targeted all of those people, which I believe is all players with an a in their name, when I typed his exact name. There really isn't much to say about this, I typed the command to gag a specific name exactly how I'm supposed to and it didn't work the way it is intended to. Not much I can do if it decides to target the wrong people.

As for this, sindre and I are friends and play on here a lot, and were just messing around and doing a 360 deagle battle. It was mutual, and I asked if he wanted to and he said yes. So, I was playing like I am not a robot and enjoying myself, and decided to have some fun and do a 360 battle with sindre. I would also like to add for this situation, that I absolutely did not RDM while I was messing and not slay myself, as shown in this picture here, I slayed myself for the kill almost immediately. I'm not sure what this section for the report is for, I RDM'd and slayed myself accordingly.

Now, to disregard the minor portions of this report and move to the main focus. Here is the report that this was created off of:

As you can see, you reported MALE claiming that he damaged you first, which was indeed true as shown here. This damage that MALE had done to you then provoked you to kill MALE, and report him curious as to why he damaged you. He then responded to the report claiming that when you help a prop to him in a tight space, he took 5 damage, which is why he then shot you.

Yes actually, I did. The death scene confirms exactly what the victim claimed for this report shown here, which shows that you had held a prop against him prior to him shooting you.

So, after looking at the death scene, we see that what what MALE claims to have happened, (you damaging him with a prop while he was in a tight space) occurred before he had damaged you. Meaning, that if this statement is true, he had a right to damage you, which would result in no slay upon him. So, I then go to the damage logs to check if anything got actually logged for the situation, and this is where your problem with my handling of the situation stems from. When I check the damagelogs, exactly what I had pm'd you about in advance while I was waiting for 11cent's conclusion on the report happened. There is no log of the damage being claimed to have been done as shown here. This right here is what the disagreement is about. Props and the ULX damage logs have an odd relationship. Sometimes, when someone is prop-killed, the damage log input line includes the killer and the ability to watch the deathscene traditionally, from the perspective of the killer, and see from his view why he killed the victim. However, other times, a prop-kill can be committed and the ULX logs will not be able to register who the killer was; so we must watch the deathscene from the victims perspective and attempt to watch the people around the victim and catch who threw the prop. The same thing goes for prop damage. Sometimes, prop damage is picked up by the ULX system and is recorded for us to see, and other times, it is left out and not recorded. This is where this report comes from. This situation had the possibility for damage to be done, ESPECIALLY in areas where collisions are happening and a physics clusterfuck is being caused, just like our situation in question, being as he was between a railing that was right above him and a wall to his left. Even if the holder of the prop is not waving it around, damage still has the possibility to be done. What we are left with now is a case of your word saying that he damaged you unprovoked, against his word claiming that he had reason to shoot you.

Harvest wanting WvW slay
    No WvW slays here

As shown in these screenshots, you claim that he said in voice that chat that he was going to shoot you, which is irrelevant to the situation, and I explain that we cannot take your word over his, which is what you want me to do by slaying him in this situation. So, because there isn't undeniable, concrete evidence that he is guilty, I did not administer a slay on him. I tried multiple times to communicate this to you, which you showed no regard for and did not consider for even a second.

That is all the evidence I have for the situation in question, I'm going to tag @Lordyhgm as they are watching over my team at present.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  7. Harvest

Part of the job of a good mod is to look at the reports and understand when someone is loopholing to get out of a punishment. The fact that someone offered up the flimsiest excuse, with no backup from the logs, and you believed it is very telling.

The prop I'm holding in the deathscene isn't moving. It did no damage, and the guy shot me because no mods were online and he didn't care.

8. Anonymous1

I’ve said it multiple times and I’m going to reiterate one last time, I’m not going to slay someone when there is a chance that they are telling the truth. What you are asking me to do harvest, is to slay MALE and trust your word over his. We don’t do that here. Now, for the loopholing claim, if I don’t have enough evidence to know if he RDM’d you or not, how do you expect me to punish him for loopholing? That requires even more evidence, being as it is a serious accusation, and would require video of his screen when you were holding the prop against him to see if he was damaged, which I asked for by the way. I asked MALE if he was recording at all and he told me no, so there isn’t any concrete record if you had damaged him or not at all. If people in the real world were convicted of crimes immediately because the victim claimed that the did it, we would have a lot of false punishment from cases everyday. Same thing applies here, your asking to punish off of flimsy evidence, which isn’t how we do things in this community.

EDIT: You claim that I believed his story, and that is false. I didn’t believe anything. I’m supposed to handle the situation unbiased, and if I don’t have evidence I don’t give a punishment. You are assuming that I don’t know what I’m doing and I am just going out on wild assumptions on who is guilty and who isn’t, which is false.

9. Harvest

MALE says wasn't recording in a case when he might come out worse for it? Colour me shocked. Look again at the damn deathscene, the barrel wasn't moving an inch.

As for flimsy evidence, the only reason he isn't being slain is because "sometimes" the damage doesn't show up. How many cases does this occur? How likely is it to happen?

All I'm asking is for you to follow what's shown in the logs, and slay someone who RDMd be because he was being a salty baby.

And stop being condescending and going "that's not how we do things here". It's childish.

10. Anonymous1

All evidence of the situation has been provided, so this back and forth argument isn’t going to help any. I also apologize for coming off as condescending, I did not intend to. It’s up to my supervisor at this point to decide if this was handled correctly.

11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Ayo, I'll take this in its parts.

'!gag a retard' was a mistake, it targetted all players with a in their name in trying to gag 'a retard'. While '!ungag *' would've been more advisable for spam's sake, '!ungag a retard' served the purpose of ungagging the correct people. scuffed's been reminded of this already.

From the screenshots provided, the fight was mutual, and while we strongly discourage staff from participating due to their potential toxicity and the possibility of killing chains affecting other players, scuffed acted appropriately in slaying themselves and turning down the rematch request. Such fights can start perfectly validly and become a joke as it drags on, this was the case here with Sindre shooting first.

As has been discussed here, and likely many places before, props don't always get registered, be it by logs or players, and as such scuffed also acted accordingly in not issuing a slay. Furthermore, you can make quite serviceable prop cannons or traps using tight spaces with seemingly stationary props and so a Death scene, with already diminished prop movement, does not rule out the possibility of damage from a 'still' prop.

We cannot allow slays in word versus word situations as favouring one person's account over another is fundamentally unfair. Yes this may have been a loophole situation, however, the evidence was not available to prove it. No matter how 'obvious' a loophole something may be we cannot act on a whim or suspicion.

It is the job of a good mod to look for loopholing yes, but this is just one incident of unprovable loopholing, and in this case, it's their job to note it down instead in case it is a recurring theme. Only once there is definitive proof can they take it to an admin for discretion.

I'll be marking this Invalid, however scuffed's been advised to be more mindful when using !gag.

Message me here if you have anything else to add: https://www.seriousgmod.com/conversations/add?to=Lordyhgm

12. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Hello there! Harvest wanted me to make sure everything was on the up and up here. There is a likelihood (if you watch the deathscene) that it was actually the person with the riot shield that pushed the guy into the prop. This of course can't be proven with the logs, and so we really can't say for certain what happened here. As frustrating as it is, we are bound by technical limitations. As much as I, and probably scuffed, believe that he did not damage, we have no way to prove it. If he filed a report we would basically be propping up evidence that is debatable at best.

As far as the other stuff goes I trust Lordy's judgement here. Thank you for reporting Harvest. If you have any questions, direct them to lordy.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.