Invalid Report against Sanchez

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by TheRealFuckyDucky, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Sanchez
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:177189422
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:75747462
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    Black mesa
    Which Round:
    Second to last and last round
    Time of Occurence:
    Can't remember
    Reason For Report:
    So, I read chat and there is a kos on a guy named Julius something, placed by waffle, I see Julius and I kill him. So he reports me and I respond with something like, "You were kosed retard" and Sanchez then finishes the report by adding a slay to me. I put in admin chat that the slay is false and I get nothing, after spamming chat just to get the mods attention he says that my response was invalid, and I say that in my report I said that the guy I killed was kosed. From there I said one more time that I was valid and he needs to take the slay off and he doesn't, next round comes I'm slain. I try asking and explaining to Sanchez but he just ghosts me instead, I ask the other mod on, Temar, he just ghosts me. I waited for a while to see if maybe they were just handling reports and would respond later but never did.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

waffle admitted to kosing Julius and the mods still didn't listen​

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  2. waffle

waffle VIP

I had to scroll all the way up the that round but yes I did kos (everyone was shooting off rip so I kosed JuliusCrevil95)

upload_2021-4-26_12-32-43.png

3. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

I had just got on when this happened, and sorry I didn't see a message from you as I was semi afk doing other stuff

4. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

Hey. You were reported for RDM by a player.
    [​IMG]
    Your response to the report was "You were rdmed you retard" which is an invalid response to the report.
    After I issued a slay you started explaining yourself in a chat. Let me remind you that staff doesn't have to accept any explanation outside of report response. Due to your name-calling in the response I decided to ignore your explanation.
    I'll let my admin handle the rest.

5. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

this is the message I had got but cant see it fully as I had damage logs open and was not even looking in game
    [​IMG]

the only thing I see you say is "bruh this slay is mad false" just after I joined
    but I did have a quick glance at the report and saw no issue.

6. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

7. damn I always blank out in report responses, besides the point. I explained it to you anyway, and you acknowledged it was a kos, and still decided to not do anything. Even if my response was typed out incorrectly since I'm a little slow, you understood that he was kos and that my slay should've been removed but didn't. I rest my case

8. @Temar yeah sorry I even said your name in the report I realized that you were probably doing something else but I was just trying to get someone to remove my slay since it was so close to round start, sorry for the needless mention

9. Pierogi

Pierogi Special Properations Administrator VIP

Hiya, just wanted to let you know that I have seen this and will deal with it soon.

10. Pierogi

Pierogi Special Properations Administrator VIP

So, let's break this down.

Initial handling:
    Sanchez handled the report exactly as I would expect a moderator to. If I saw someone respond to an RDM report with "you were rdmed you retard", I wouldn't read past the report response either. I understand you intended to write "kosed" instead, but staff members are not supposed to extrapolate extra reasoning for a reported player. They should purely be going off of the reasons provided by the player, unless there is indication that the reported player is attempting to loophole. If Sanchez were to initially assume you meant "kosed" instead of "rdmed", he would have violated our rules and protocols for report handling.

The aftermath:
    This is where things get a little messy. By the letter of the law, Sanchez handled this correctly. Moderators are not required to accept information past the initial response. This is done to prevent situations where a reported player provides an invalid response/reason, and then tries to loophole the kill by saying something like "btw they were gba". Given the POV, I would not assess that Ducky is trying to loophole in this situation. However, I understand how someone could come to this conclusion. I recognize the frustration of receiving an incorrect slay, but the way you communicated with Sanchez after the slay was not particularly helpful (I suspect this is because you were working under the belief that you said "kosed" instead of "rdmed").

Conclusion:
    I will be marking this report invalid because by the letter of the law, Sanchez followed protocol. In practice, however, this report is neither valid nor invalid.

@Sanchez ❤ - In the future, I expect you to stay tabbed in and responsive if a player begins contesting a slay. Furthermore, you should be accepting information past the report if you can verify that the information is accurate. Since you were in game and the KOS was in chat, you could have verified that there was indeed a KOS on the player. The ability to recognize when to strictly follow rules and when to follow the spirit of the rules is what separates the great staff members from the good staff members.

@TheRealFuckyDucky - In the future, calmly provide detailed reasoning for a kill if you disagree with a staff member's verdict. This is not an indictment of you, but I have seen several toxic players intentionally RDM and then argue with staff exactly like you did, just to try to confuse them. Just as a life tip, you will go way further in life by being gentle and respectful than you would by shouting at someone - no matter how correct your shouting is. And if I'm being honest, you didn't really have the right to react how you did, given the root of this situation was your mistake. If you'd said "kosed" instead of "rdmed", I'd be much more understanding of your frustration, but this is why it's good to stay a little humble and understanding.

Report: Invalid
    Thread: Locked

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out via Forum DMs or Discord.

~Pierogi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.