Completed Report against ryan and sticky bandit

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by neutral, Apr 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

I'll leave this open for now to give @Temar a chance to respond to the questions above.

2. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

I perceived it as racist based on 2 main points, the way in which it was written. it was written as a question about someone using that word as a means to ref to him directly (basically a description) , and the 2nd point being it was infact a black person you was referring too

now tagging @Teroxa to finish

3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Oh... Yikes. Lol. I uh. Welp. Maybe I do take back my comment earlier about you not being a bit racist lol.

Yeah. I don't have anything to add @Teroxa lmao.

4. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Thread unlocked upon the request of @neutral

5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Heya,

I know @Teroxa is almost complete in writing this up when he contacted me previously, but I had more instances of unprofessionalism agaisnt Sticky Bandit to add. In this report:
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/posts/546041/ Sticky Bandit immediately locked the thread, locking me out of editing my own report the instant it was made, as well as preventing anyone else who is not staff from replying the thread, even though the report involved H3llFlush, a player who is not staff to reply to the thread. Yes- he can contact a staff member if he wants the thread unlocked, but Sticky didn't even provide this avenue in his post (this is a hoop he shouldn't even have to jump through to begin with). Rather, he opted to be lazy and avoid doing any moderation by simply locking the thread. I do not know if this was his idea. I asked, but the unprofessionalism continued on Discord as can be seen in the spoiler below:

[​IMG]

6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

As one of the admins who authorised Sticky to lock the thread, I will add this. The recent string of reports against staff members have become a target for those who seem to seek forum warnings, as such when asked we allowed sticky to close it after their tags. This was done to avoid the same happening, and since all involved are veteran members, it is in no way unreasonable for them to request it to be reopened. Aye, sticky should have added a link for easier communication, but it is not obvious to assume laziness in this case.

7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Okay cool, that's totally fair. I tried to discuss with Sticky but as you can see- he totally blew me off. So ignore the locking the thread part, but rather the unprofessionalism displayed when I approached him on it.

8. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

Ok from what I can see yes that looks unprofessional BUT this happened in a completely unprofessional location outside of SGM so why is professionalism expected there?
    So if you wanted to ask if professionally you should of done so in a place where he is expected to be professional which is iver part of SGM or in a DM to you
    and for those reasons I'm going to say its Invalid

9. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

@Teroxa -- I'd like to add on to my report against Temar. I'm not sure how this has ever escaped him, but unless this has changed very recently, the professionalism of staff members is expected both within, and outside of the community. I'm pretty sure this is even stated in the staff rules iirc, however it has been reiterated in multiple threads throughout the staff team, as well in the staff discord multiple times- so how this has escaped Temar is absolutely beyond me. Futhermore, this was a question directly related to SGM- so I'm not sure how it would be expected that the professionalism of the staff member no longer matters.

10. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

For reference for what is publically available, here is MangoTango's passage on it from the Staff Application Guide:

[​IMG]

There is no mention of this being within, or outside of the community.

11. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Not out of laziness -- I hate getting people banned over something as silly as posting in irrelevant reports. It's so silly to see half decent people getting banned over something so silly. Locking the thread preemptively may seem hasty, but considering all the warnings issued over the past few days in your report threads, I made a decision to lock it to prevent the derailment of the thread.

Myself, along with other staff members, had no idea locking threads made it impossible for people to edit their posts within those threads. For this, I apologize. Try to understand things from my perspective on this one -- as staff members, we have post permissions in any locked threads, so I guess that's where editing threads lays (within those post perms). Sorry about that one, Helix.

Addressing Unprofessionalism: See Temar's response. I DM'd him about the situation, and he explains it better than I can.

12. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Hey there. I have to really apologize for the huge delay on my end. I had multiple things come up, as the ones involved in this report already know. Apologies again.
    I'll conclude now.
    I will address each portion of the report against the individual staff members separately.

But first of all, let me get something out of the way. The OP of this thread states:
    Yes, that is correct and it's still our general approach to the situation. The word "nigga", unlike the version with a hard-R, is allowed and usually does not fall under harassment or slurs.
    We understand that it's quite a common word nowadays and that usually people don't mean anything bad or think twice about using it.

So let's get started with the initial report against ryan and sticky bandit.
    To simplify things, I'll put each portion of this report into Spoilers/Quotes. Click them to expand.

I'll continue with the 2nd part of the report against @Sticky Bandit:

Now on to the report against @Temar:

Last but not least, I'll address the 2 reports final reports that were added against @Sticky Bandit and @Temar:
    In conclusion, I'll mark this whole report as valid.
    I hope I was able to address all your concerns and that we can all treat this as a learning experience.
    If you have any further questions, please contact me here or on discord.

~ Teroxa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.