Invalid Report against POP STAR

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Smor, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smor

Smor VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    POP STAR
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:53230373
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:38369552
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    de_dolls
    Which Round:
    Round 3
    Time of Occurence:
    Around 4:15pm PDT
    Reason For Report:
    This all started on 67way when I started "harassing" a guy for camping the hidden room next to the ladder. I was promptly kicked with no warning for that, but I unfortunately do not have any evidence of it. We go through another map of lego where I am muted for "spam" for 1 round. On dolls, however, I was banned with no warning for harassment. After killing an innocent for GBA, I suicided off the top of the map while typing the word "nigger" in chat. Hilarious, I know. The message was sent as last words and a few seconds after the message went through, I was banned for "Harassment" with no warning.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    https://puu.sh/wOSNf/0c424c633a.png
    Screenshot of the console log before I was banned. I can provide video if necessary.​

2. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  3. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hello Smor,

I will start by addressing your primary concern. You would be correct in stating that was no formal, first offense, warning. Given the circumstances and mob mentality of the server at this time - I felt it was appropriate to issue a general warning to the server. Even with this, it is not necessarily needed. Given that you've been here for 600 hours it wouldn't be a stretch for me to assume that you understand we do not condone harassment. If you are not sure what might constitute as harassment, allow me to fill you in.

Using my discretion by adequately assessing the situation and intensity of the words you were saying, I dealt it reasonable to skip a formal warning for this case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You then returned after your kick and did not contest it, implying you understood that what you did was wrong. I then asked you to heed my warnings, but you started repeating over and over "Power trip" and "Abusive Admin". While we staff are used to players not being completely satisfied with all of our verdicts, we are always open to discussing the reasoning and thinking that went into those verdicts. Spamming opinions and then refusing to stop after being asked to is counter-productive and only hurts you, the player, in the end.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You were then banned even after being actively aware that perhaps using racial slurs wouldn't the best of ideas.
    [​IMG]

As such, I feel I made no mistake in issuing your punishment and took proper protocol. Therefore, I urge you to take this as a learning experience and to think before you speak.

Regards

4. Smor

Smor VIP

So I'm not allowed to say the word "nigger", even if it's not directed towards anyone on the server, but people are allowed to run around with the name "nigga" with no punishment? I don't understand how there is no clear rule on what you are allowed to say. Some mods or admins gag for saying "faggot" or "nigger'" and some don't. I feel like this leaves room in for bias against players a certain mod or admin may not like.

5. POP STAR

yeah

6. Smor

Smor VIP

So because of an inconsistency with mods or admins, I got banned for a day for with no warning. Like I said, there is a large room for bias when it comes to "harassment" which leads to these types of situations.

7. POP STAR

No, you were banned for harassing another player and disregarding warnings. The "inconsistency" is to accommodate different beliefs and lifestyles. If you are unsure if what you are saying qualifies as harassment with the current staff-member, you are free to rather hold your tongue or to genuinely ask them if they're okay with it or not.

8. Smor

Smor VIP

Who exactly was I harassing? Why didn't I get reported by them for harassing? If you want to make these false claims, I will gladly upload a video of both rounds of de_dolls before you banned me with no warning.

9. POP STAR

As stated in my original response,

Him.
    [​IMG]

If you have a recording of your harassment (note: 67th way, round 5) I do respectfully urge you to post it. It would be of great benefit and very much appreciated.

10. Smor

Smor VIP

When I said "nigger", I was in no way harassing anyone. That report was from 67thway were I was kicked for harassment, not banned. You're confusing up completely different rounds/maps. You banned me on dolls when I was not harassing anyone and did not get reported/warned at all.

11. Smor

Smor VIP

Video of both rounds on dolls before I was banned.

12. Well, I was there with you at 67 highway I was a"T" buddy with you, you didn't even harass that one kid who was DELAYING the round, and I feel like it was a fault on administration since they did not do their job correctly on punishing the other person for breaking the 5th rule on the MOTD which states you can not camp or delay while a majority of the players are dead. So in result, the only way to kill him was with C4 because we could not get to the room he was in even though we tried multiple times.

13. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

I witnessed Smor placing C4 to kill the delayer as well. After the round had ended, Smor told the person to "die in a fire, you fucking delayer" He was then kicked for harassment by POP STAR

14. Ahhh I see, either way, the other person should have been punished as well not just Smor.

15. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

This is true. However, POP STAR may have been busy with reports or other things and had not particularly noticed the person delaying. Without seeing the events, he still would have heard Smor harassing the player and deemed it important enough to deal with it right away.

16. POP STAR

Delaying does not excuse harassment. The player was given a chance after being privately messaged to stop delaying and ultimately died shortly after Smor was kicked. The player continued to delay future rounds and was warned.

17. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Hey Smor, sorry for the delay in finishing this report.

As staff members, it is our job to try our best to ensure the servers remain an enjoyable place to spend time for anyone deciding to play TTT. As Pop has stated above, the server you were on at the time was generally toxic so a blanket warning was issued to the public to tone it down. You didn't heed his warning and received a kick for harassment after you acted out against a player on 67th way.

If I've got my story straight, it was at this point you returned and started poking at Pop for being an "Abusive admin" and received a message telling you to "focus on the game" rather than continuing to berate Pop for his actions against you. You decided to then poke more fun by copying that message and reposting it in public chat.

You probably should have realized at this point that you were on pretty thin ice having been already been kicked and warned a few times, but you decided to push your luck just a little further by typing a racial slur in chat before you died. Unfortunately for you, that is when you received your ban.

As it's been discussed before, using racial/homophobic slurs isn't always considered harassment if it's not directed at someone. But in your case above there were plenty of actions leading up to that final straw that unfortunately earned you a 1 day ban. The only thing I would have done differently had I been in Pop's shoes would have been to mark your ban under "toxicity" rather than "harassment." I believe that @POP STAR's actions were justified; therefore I'll be marking this report Invalid.

@Smor, I've played with you a few times now and really haven't had any poor experiences with you. I hope in the future that you actually heed the warning that Pop gave to you. Focus on the gameplay and try to refrain from acting out against players/staff members down the road. If you have an issue with my verdict or have any general questions regarding this report feel free to PM me on here.

Thanks for reporting

Report: Invalid
    Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.