Completed Report against Pokeben10

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Xilah, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xilah

Xilah Banned

Name of Staff/Player:
    Pokeben10
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_1:1:70686616
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:505899649
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    dolls
    Which Round:
    3 I think?
    Time of Occurence:
    About 10 minutes ago
    Reason For Report:
    Reporting for: Unprofessionalism and Subpar staffing

Hello,

I am reporting the moderator, Pokeben10 for Unprofessionalism and Subpar staffing.

Unprofessionalism:

Pokeben, throughout the time I was on the server with him, was constantly arguing with players over mic during the round. I asked if he could take this to PMs, where he then proceeded to patronize me for this later in the round (evidence below).

Furthermore, he was distracted on the server at the time. MANY players were complaining for a hacker for literally over a map. Yet, he was too busy on discord to properly staff the server

Subpar Staffing:

Furthermore, the MOTD states that not identifying bodies is a traitorous act:
    [​IMG]

However, when I killed a player for this, Pokeben slayed me. A friend referred me to this thread: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/out-of-couriousity.51607/#post-542793

I gave the player a chance to go ID the player, and didn't even start shooting as he began to approach it after not IDing it once because it was pretty close to the drop. When he moved back a second time however, I decided to kill him. Even though the player clearly comitted a traitorous act, Pokeben10 slayed me. I even showed him the referenced thread, and he did not care.

Where it states that even if the player goes back to ID the body, it is still traitorous. Yet he slayed me anyways. I do not believe that Pokeben knows the rules.

I do not think that Pokeben should be a mod for SeriousGmod anymore. Other players were saying that he has received similar complaints about being rude to other community members, and I believe this shows that he is continuing this to this day.

Thank you for your time.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Pokeben patronizing me:
    https://streamable.com/cmjao

Unidentified Body Situation:
    https://streamable.com/xnfly

2. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

It’s currently 4am and I’m going to bed. I will respond when I have time tomorrow.

3. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

4. Pokeben10

Hello Xilah, let's get right into this.

You state that I was:
    This is just plainly false. I had a 10 second, 15 at most, conversation with another player about why I handled their report the way I did. I was not constantly arguing and I was not getting upset at anyone. If anyone was upset, it was the person I was talking with. I even pm'd you saying that if other players were trying to talk that I would have just pm'd them; however, I waited until no one else was talking and went and explained the situation to that player. You asked me in text chat if I would stop "spamming voice chat," "pokeben, can you take it in to PMs instead of continuing to spam voice chat? jesus." I see you tried to make yourself seem as innocent as possible by saying that you "asked" if I could "take it to the PMs" when, in reality, you were quite discourteous. I didn't even see this message at first until another player, I don't remember who, brought it up. I simply said, "im not spamming vc lol" because I really was not and I had no idea why you had a problem with me talking in vc. Andy Boy, a regular on the server, then mocked you for criticizing me for talking by saying something along the lines of, "pokeben did you really think you could use voice chat? Only non-staff are allowed to use it," at which I replied by saying, "yeah, I guess I'm not allowed to talk without it being considered spam." This was maybe a little obtrusive on my part, and yes, I must remain professional, but then again you were getting a little upset for me simply using the mic. I was not mean to you. I was not rude. I thought I approached you rather neutrally in PMs. You went on to message me in admin chat asking if I was patronizing you. At this point, I took it to the PMs (as mentioned above).

Next, you claim that I was:
    I was not too busy on discord. I tabbed out for maybe 5 minutes to talk to my admin, @Cupcake Mayhem, giving them a heads-up in case you wanted to report me (which ended up happening). I spent almost the entirety of the map ttt_teenroom trying to get some evidence to ban the hacker off of. People were complaining and kept RDMing them so I had a hard time dealing with it. I also could not just ask everyone publicly to stop RDMing the hacker because then they would know I was watching them. I would like to point out that I did end up PMing a few players to see if they would stop, but alas, this did not work. Eventually, I got a good clip and banned the hacker.

In addition to the aforementioned claims, you allege that my staffing was "subpar" simply because of one situation were you believe I falsely slayed you. In your clip that you provided, the body falls to the floor and you wait to see if anyone around you will identify it. The first person you see doesn't even see the body at first and almost walks by it. They see the body while pacing around, take one step back, and begin walking towards the body. To reference your forum post you linked:

[​IMG]

As stated, once 1, not actively IDing the body, becomes 2, actively trying to ID the body, it is no longer 1. At first, the player you killed almost didn't even see the body. But, once they saw it, they began walking over to it. I would say most staff would have been on the fence with a report like this- some slaying, some not. I did not slay you because of your comments from the bowling map. I slayed you because once the player saw the body they went to ID it. The player did not walk away from the body. They did not walk over it or past it. You were staring them down and it seemed like they were pacing back and forth until they saw the body, at which point they went to go ID it. I know the rules.

I find it rather disingenuous of you create a forums account to simply try and get me demoted, and lying about it, too. I see that you are new to the servers, and I recommend you read the extended rules before trying to get someone demoted. I understand that as a moderator, I must maintain a certain level of professionalism that others aren't required to. But I will not let someone come on our servers and try and walk all over me. I was not rude to you and I was not viciously going after you with that slay. I don't know what you have against me and I tried being open-minded in PMs. You clearly had one thing in mind the moment I responded to you complaining about me "mic spamming."

I would also like to ask: who made complaints about me? Drunk tz- who called me a trash-ass mod for not slaying the player he reported? And unless you are someone's alt, how would you know if there are complaints about my character? I am not rude and I think many regulars can contest to that.

I will tag my admin @Cupcake Mayhem to finish up this report.

5. Xilah

Xilah Banned

I apologize for this report. I saw behavior that I was concerned about, and when my concerns weren't addressed on the server, I thought this was the best venue to take it.

It's clear by your response that I'm not welcome here as in this reply you have called me both disingenuous and a liar. I could have given evidence for any of the claims, but if this is how staff treats their community members, I don't want to be apart of this community.

6. Pokeben10

I'm sorry if you feel like this is an attack against you- it's not. Staff are meant to be professional; calm and collected. This is usually not a problem for me, but it was clear to me that you had intentions other than solving a problem. You wanted me demoted based off of one encounter and one encounter only. You are new to the server and you don't know me or who I am. It is not okay for you to make slight changes to your rhetoric to make your altercation seem more innocent. I can be professional, but when a public forum post is made to humiliate me and dismantle my staffing career for hundreds to see, I will stand up for myself.

I appreciate you trying to better the community. This will be my last post on this report.

7. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

Hello, so I’m going to be wrapping up this report, as you know SGM trains their mods to uphold a level of professionalism both on the servers and the forums. This includes being able to limit your temper or impulsivity when someone makes personal attacks against you, (regardless of if they are true or not). In this situation PokeBen did let himself get a little too caught up in the moment, and is something that I will talk to him about. As for the RDM section of the report, if someone hesitates to identify a body that’s typically enough proof to kill for, the slay was false and this is something I will go over with pokeben, in addition I will be adding a slay to pokeben for the false slay and void a slay from your record.

-Valid Report-

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.