Invalid Report against Pacifist

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by BorkWoof, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Pacifist
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:80064479
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:103586186
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    N/A
    Which Round:
    N/A
    Time of Occurence:
    N/A
    Reason For Report:
    Locked this thread unjustifiably: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/vanilla-pointshop.52916/#post-556441

Basically, Pacifist locked my thread for no good reason. He brought up points that were stated by a past dev, but that's it. He didn't allow for a refute or any further discussion..​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The suggestion was made by me in the past and it was explained to me that vanilla was setup this way intentionally. Therefore the suggestion was rejected. I do not have to justify myself, I may reject any sugestion I want to. Though if I am wrong then I am wrong.

4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

"It was rejected in the past so it stays in the past" was proven to be such an irrelevant statement in the past numerous times.. Take for example TDM Fun round, Deathscenes, and allowing to see your killer's response in the RDM manager..
    Doesn't mean that you should reject anything that you did not find fond for our servers.. doesn't that kind of make the idea of +1/-1 a suggestion obsolete if a lead can just close it regardless of opinion?

More broadly, I'm trying to criticize the inconsistencies with suggestions being closed. I mean, do you have any good reason for the handful of MiTM removal suggestions, the SL8 threads, the TerrorTrain threads still being open yet you decided to lock my thread based off Opalium's word...?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The reason I rejected your suggestion was because it was not going to be implemented anytime soon because Vanilla was designed that way intentionally. It wasn't my personal opinion, as if you read my actual post you would find that I don't necessarily disagree with the suggestion in general, and that I actually suggested it in the past to Opalium (who at the time was the Owner) and he explained to me that it was setup that way and that he wasn't going to add a pointshop. Therefore I knew that it wasn't going to be approved and that there was no reason to keep it open, despite the community support. There are some suggestions that, no matter how many times suggested, they will almost always be denied (such as low gravity).

I understand your frustration, but I don't see a reason to report me simply because I closed your suggestion. They are just that, suggestions. If you want to criticize the inconsistencies then do that, but reporting me for something I am well within my rights to do is not a very good way of going about that. I'll let @Teroxa or @Highwon conclude this. If I was wrong to close this specific suggestion, i'm sure one of them will let me know.

6. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

There really isn't much to say here. All of why your suggestion was denied is explained above, and being a lead admin pacifist is 100% in the right to deny a suggestion that we know wont be implemented.
    Invalid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.