Invalid Report against nohackjustgood

Discussion in 'Deathrun Staff/Player Reports' started by horror story_glass, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    nohackjustgood
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    Deathrun
    Which Map:
    crash midevil
    Which Round:
    5th
    Time of Occurence:
    i dont know
    Reason For Report:
    i was talking to people and nohackjustgood kept gagging me and saying my mic was echoing but pixel and ladylag had no problems with it. I really dont understand my mic was not echoing and then i started talking to more people and he banns me for 24 hours alll i have to say to this server is learn how to pick mods.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    ladylag and pixel where there!​

2. DarkLegion

DarkLegion aka Alex VIP

3. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Moved to DR reports.
    I'll also tag @PixeL and myself, as we were both there for it.

4. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

I have seen this and I will most likely be providing my evidence tomorrow. I might do it today possibly. Thanks for letting me know @DarkLegion.

5. whats the matter gotta come up with a story?

6. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

When I hopped on the server, I was notified Sexy_Jester had spammed twice prior, and from what I was told, it was due to his echo. After I had come online however, Sexy_Jester accidentally exploited the Dust map and was punished. Soon after, we started Crash Medieval. The spam that lead to his ban was approximately 1 second long of echo, which could have been purely accidental.

Also, @horror story_glass , please don't antagonize staff members. It does take us a bit to accumulate evidence before we post an official response. Most mods take both recordings and screenshots, and it might take a bit to condense the recordings appropriately. Please be patient while NoHack does this.

7. i cant even hear it like i cant hear anyone at all its really quiet.

8. NoHackJustGood

It's going to take me time to put the footage all together and to render it. I am not sure why her video is silent, but I got sound in mine so hopefully you can hear it. Thanks for taking the time to write this report.

Edit: From turning my volume all the way up, you can barely hear Lady's recording.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  9. NoHackJustGood

While I gather my evidence, I will be tagging @Vector and @DruDerp as they witnessed these events.

10. NoHackJustGood

Hey there @horror story_glass,
    Thanks for taking the time to file a report against me. I will be explaining my side of the story and I will explain all of my thoughts/concerns here. Let's start off with why you were banned. You were banned because you had too much echo in your microphone. When you talk into your mic, we can hear the other players who are talking along with your audio.
    During your first offense, I was the only moderator online. I gagged you because I could hear everything Z3ro was saying through your mic along with your audio. This can be shown in this video. During your second offense, @PixeL and @Vector were online (my witnesses) and you made a irrelevant noise that other players did not enjoy. This can be shown in this video. During your third offense, @LadyLag, @PixeL, @DruDerp, and @Vector were online and I gagged you for your audio going into your microphone. This can be shown in this video. I told you numerous times through my microphone and through private messages to fix your microphone. I warned you during your first gag and I warned you 2 times in these private messages. I tried being a bit lenient with you and you refused to fix your microphone after all my warnings/messages. Also, this video shows how Steve was bothered by the echo. In fact, lots of people were bothered from your microphone. This can be shown in this video as well. This is only what happened in-game. Afterwards, you messaged me through Steam and you spent a good 15 minutes harassing me. This can be shown in this Steam message. In conclusion, you had a lot of echo in your mic and I warned you several times. You refused to fix it and I feel I was being very lenient with you. I will have my administrator @Tinbuster00 finish up this report and give his thoughts on the situation.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  11. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Ok, Let's start this off, I'd Like to start off by saying Yes As @NoHackJustGood stated I was on, Now Onto the appeal, I realise I have no evidence of my current proof and I only have my word and I realise this doesn't prove much, (Working on getting my old monitor set up as my second one as I need it to start recording properly) But now onto what I saw from my point of view, There was a lot of background noise Or echo, We could hear others talking through your mic as you talked, This is what as shown had led to your gags, before that I heard some unrecognizable noise but I have no proof as stated earlier I'm only here to give my word on what I saw

12. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

Hey Sexy_jester,

Thanks for taking the time to make a report. Reports are useful as they ensure moderators are indeed following protocol are typically a good learning experience for all involved.

Mic Spam is loosely defined as follows
    A good rule of thumb is if the noise you are making is annoying or obnoxious, it will typically be considered mic spam.

Each of your gags stemmed from your mic echoing. The noises were both annoying and repeated. The last gag which lead to your ban was not solely because of the last echo but was a result of repeated echoing noises into your mic. This was even after you had been gagged/warned twice previously for similar reasons. I asked him to make a video showing some of the additional instances of this which he then provided to me.

The protocol for spam is:
    [​IMG]

As he correctly followed protocol this report is invalid. If you have any questions, feel free to message me on steam or on the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.