Completed Report against LordyHGM & Uglubathr kaetilbiornsson

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by neutral, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Report against LordyHGM & Uglubathr kaetilbiornsson
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    staff
    Your Steam ID:
    69 lul
    Which Server:
    EU2
    Which Map:
    lego
    Which Round:
    Multiple
    Time of Occurence:
    This morning (or night? what the fuck time is it in EU right now, idk)
    Reason For Report:
    @UncleBee had requested that I make this report on his behalf.

UncleBee is incredibly offended recently that he has been warned under the harassment protocol for something that is clearly not harassment, which ultimately may have come down to @Temar 's racism regarding the situation. (See thread here-- still unresolved: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-ryan-and-sticky-bandit.51822/ ).

However, simatainously, when actual slurs/incidents are occurring, @Lordyhgm and @Uglubathr kaetilbiornsson are not properly following the protocol against harassment. This user used the "gay F-word" multiple times in chat, and only warned for one of the earlier instances. I'm not sure what's going on, but these two staff members clearly are either not paying attention, or failing to control the server environment. I originally suspected that they did not hear the slurs when UncleBee presented the video, however, after paying a bit more attention it's clear that the staff members were either dead when these occurred, or the slurs occurred during pre/post round.

I do agree that there are some instances where it is part of conversation and I probably wouldn't have warned/give action either. However, it is very clear that some of the most obvious uses of the word were intentionally intended as slurs. And I mean.. Come on. How the fuck can you not hear UncleBee's obnoxious ass complaining about it for 6 minutes straight?​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

While I do not have evidence currently, my client has also expressed that there is an individual who is currently saying "nigger" on the server multiple times without warning. @dazza , @Temar , @Uglubathr kaetilbiornsson and @Lordyhgm are all present on the server. The player even says out loud, "I can't believe I'm getting away with saying nigger multiple times". Is staff asleep? What in the world is going on? I know dazza records constantly, perhaps he may have something to add to this.

5. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Given the player was warned and subsequently kicked for slurs I struggle to understand why this report has been made:
    upload_2019-4-17_20-16-45.png

EDIT: So now I'm less pressed for time - Uglu and I were trying to catch a hacker at the first few instances, pre-occupied, we let the first two times slide. The player was trying to say that f****t was okay for them as it just mean cigs, however, this is still not allowed. Yes, we should have acted faster however we had a larger concern at hand. I will try to find the image of the warning too, however I am currently doing my student finance application, something for which I hopped off for shortly after kicking the player. I would also like to apologise for being dismissive initially, I was pressed for time and wished to reply quickly rather than leaving this without an answer.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey Lordy, thanks for providing the screenshot. I do you happen to have one that is better resolution than this? This is totally unreadable and doesn't provide anymore information to the report than what has also been presented.

Also-- at what point of the video did this occur? Because there were enough instances in that video to proceed well past 2nd offense within that time frame if staff is paying attention to the server as required as a staff member. Did this happen only after staff had to be woken up to actually pay attention to the server environment?

Lastly, I'm a bit concerned by the lack of professionalism and aggressiveness in your tone in the last response. I very clearly laid out why the report was made in my initial post. Did you happen to read through the report? I am failing to understand why you are struggling to understand the purpose of this report unless you are being sarcastic and for some reason are trying to unlegitamize my report. I would like to add lack of professionalism on my list of complaints against LordyHGM for this report, @Teroxa . Thanks.

7. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

8. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

locked until the necessary people reply, please ask a staff member if you have something to add to the report

9. At around 0:45 you can see Lordyhgm tell cherry to stop swearing and in his screenshot you can see Cherry getting kicked for slurs.
    At 1:14 I think we missed him once saying it.
    I guess we should have responded faster and have him banned for 3rd offense.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  10. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Heya,

I'm not gonna expand much, but I just wanted to add this portion for LordyHGM in reference to Glyph's most recent report and when "chiggers" was brought up as a loophole for "niggers".

I uh.. I'm not even going to expand much here lmfao. I don't know why Lordy decided to apply this to harassment for a couple reasons:

1) Harassment is discretionary, and, if obvious (like in this case in my opinion personally), I don't see any reason why not to apply this regarding he context.
    2) Loopholing has never been applied to anything except for gameplay behavior. Never to the social rules.
    3) This is more of a question, but, has this changed? Mango mentioned that mods have been given more freedom to deal with obvious situations like this in the past. Infact, @Teroxa - you should remember in the past I specifically told mods not to let players walk over them and they are more than welcome to handle situations like this without going to admins. Has this changed?

11. Lordyhgm

Aye my bad. I included the point on loopholing since that's what a portion of the ban was about. I was corrected by other admins shortly afterwards that Moderators do indeed have discretion with regards to loopholing slurs and have amended the report response, although seeing as it was not primary reason for demotion there will be no change in verdict.

12. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I’d also like to add to this report the image that LordyHGM warned a user not to post. I don’t really care about the warning, but when I asked Lordy why, his reasoning was concerning.

LordyHGM warned a user for posting the following gif: https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/adnv1m/this_wolf_face_hugger/

He mentioned that this was because it was “disturbing”. There is literally nothing in this gif that can be attributed to disturbing. Even in shortened context perhaps the gif may be ABOUT to be disturbing- but... what the fuck?

What is concerning though is that Lordy’s reasoning was simply that a “user was disturbed so it was removed”. This isn’t valid. Should he look in to it? Sure. But a user being disturbed isn’t a valid reason to remove an image that isn’t disturbing in the slightest bit.

13. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Wait... you didn’t really warn over that over UncleBee being disturbed did you?... you do realize he was being ironic right.....? o_O

14. Lordyhgm

Memelord posted a gif of a wolf seemingly biting a woman's face. Of course, that's not what it was and it's in fact closer to a sign of affection, but to anyone with little knowledge of wolves it is without a doubt disturbing content. They also posted a gif containing a man-eating burning cigarettes, clear gore, to which I removed both after they were brought to my attention and some users showed distress. I then shot Memelord a pm asking them to refrain from posting such things, no warning points added since I was forgiving, and wolves are cute ya know.

So to clarify, disturbing content was posted in SB, some users were distressed, I removed it and then sent an informal warning to not do so again. I wouldn't remove it if someone was simply disturbed, it would need to warrant it in its own right.

upload_2019-5-3_21-59-11.png

upload_2019-5-3_21-58-40.png

upload_2019-5-3_21-56-33.png

upload_2019-5-3_21-57-53.png

As for Unclebee's comments in particular, they did factor in, however, good luck determining irony and sarcasm in this:
    upload_2019-5-3_22-3-11.png

EDIT: I am not removing the link to the gif from your reply since the context behind what it really is described within this thread.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  15. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

To be clear, I’m not arguing the cigarettes one at all. I even mentioned that in discord to you.

I still, agree viewing multiple times do not see absolutely anything disturbing. Can you explain what portion of the gif is disturbing? The wolf never seems to close it’s mouth on the face or anything in the version of the gif that I have seen. There’s literally nothing going on there except a wolf that looks like it’s trying to open mouth kiss a human lol

16. Lordyhgm

To say 'kiss' is to humanise the wolf, they 'kiss' by mouthing, as with some dogs. However, in this case, that involves placing the woman's entire head in its mouth.

Disturbing is defined as causing anxiety; worrying, to which watching a wolf seemingly going to bite a woman's face off is very much within this definition. I stress seemingly here, the gif loops before we see any conclusion to it, there's little movement to close its mouth, but you never get to see any safety. I understand that someone who may deal with such things (or has seen it before) would have an understanding that the woman is in no danger and be desensitised to it, but that does not consider those who may come into contact with the gif, and instead see something that would cause great concern, anxiety, or worrying.

17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Hello!

So first of all let me address the initial reasoning for this report: Yes, Lordy and Uglu should have noticed the guy saying the slurs and banned him. There were more than enough offenses in the video to warrant the ban, and the fact that they did not showcases that they were likely busy doing other things. This kind of thing happens from time to time, and so I can understand it, but again, they should have noticed and dealt with this quicker. For the second part of this report, I do not get the impression that Lordy was being mean or passive aggressive in this post, but I will definitely talk to her about writing posts more clearly and less aggressively in the future. For the third part, I am not going to debate whether or not the image in question was disturbing. Some people found it disturbing and so Lordy took it down. I see no further action being necessary.

I will have a conversation with Lordy about this, and i'm sure I will also talk to Uglu. Thank you for the report!

♠️Completed♠️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.