Completed Report against Lars

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Rozboon, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Lars
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Don't remember.
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:
    yesterday
    Reason For Report:
    This is a 2 parter but all tied together.

First off, yesterday he killed me for GBA when i had entered a room and was staring down Iding bodies, claimed i didn't help shoot a T that tried to shoot him, I asked for the deathscene and he gave me some random .dat file that didn't work and said he would send me the deathscene on the forums later.

I then attempted to send him a PM on the forums to remind him, which he has disabled, I pmed Wink who is currently looking out for his team to ask him to allow PMs which still hasn't happened, and I also commented on Lars profile telling him to fix his pms, all of which were ignored, I also got another mod to tell him.

As he seems to be answering reports on the forums, here we are.

TL;DR
    First part, He called GBA on me which was shady and didn't deliver on the deathscene.

Second part, He has PMs blocked as a mod so no one can contact him through that system here.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  3. Rozboon

[​IMG]

Backup evidence for profile comments.

4. jack-o-larstern

jack-o-larstern Title VIP

Hello Scrooge.
    Since it's my birthday I will answer later today. And I would also like to say that I don't revive notifications on forum profile comment since I think they have nothing useful to provide. And there is a little button where you could perhaps add me on steam?
    Rest I will post later as I'm not home

5. jack-o-larstern

jack-o-larstern Title VIP

Hello Scrooge, i assume you are roz ingame.
    I took some time out of my birthday to give you this.
    Your video can be seen here:
    https://streamable.com/33cpz

What i provided was the ds file, i even told you to use opaliums offline deathscene viewer to view it as you please. you should be familiar with this since you are ex staff. (I was told you couldent be since it's release is after your time, that is my bad)
    Also if needed i can provide more screenshots, but i think this is what you requested.
    Also about me blocking pms, i haven't actively chosen to block pms, but i will unblock it for anyone to contact me since it was set to followers only. but please next time remember you could contact me/anyone though steam, that would have ben alot easier than this. and would probably also be the fastest since i disabled notifications on fourms and discord since i don't wan't to be on 24/7, but i do check regularly when i have time. You could also be a little smart and message me on discord as well as i haven't muted private messages there :)

tagging @banos to conclude

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  6. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Everything seems to be in order here. The evidence shows that you were indeed GBA and while Lars could have elaborated a bit more when he gave you the .dat file, believing that you are familiar with the program was an honest mistake and will not happen again. Considering this information along with the fact that it's Lars's birthday, I am marking this post INVALID.

7. Rozboon

You wouldn't have had to take time out of your birthday if you just sent them to me on the forums like you said you would the day it happened lol, and if your pms were enabled I would also have been able to send you a pm to remind you. Also you mentioned not having notifications on your profile, does that mean when you log in you dont have alerts on? it's a nice thing to have so situations like this don't arise and you wouldnt have to ruin your precious b-day over it.

Ooof, not sure if you're trying to insult me here or not, Pretty unprofessional either way. I tried the DS viewer, the file wasn't showing up in the list ingame.

You actively changed it to followers only which means you actively blocked it for everyone who doesn't follow you....

I try to limit who are friends on my steam to actual friends, that's why the pms on the forums are nice and should be turned on as well as notifications so this event wouldn't have came up and you wouldn't be ruining your b-day for it, you're staff now, that doesn't mean you can shut this place off, and thats exactly why the alerts and notifications are there, so you don't have to be on 24/7, you can be off in your life and be like "Oh hey, i got a notification, I'll need to check that later" instead of being completely oblivious to everything that happens here then cry about it later when you have to "ruin" your day for it.

Someone did tag you on discord to stop ignoring me
    [​IMG]
    And as you said yourself, you have discord notifications off, so how could i message you when you wouldn't even see them just as you didn't see the message for you to stop ignoring me lol, be a little smart here please.

Now for the Deathscene

Let's break this down for you to understand and see better, according to the DS from the time the T shot you, to you shooting me for "GBA" was less than 1 second.
    [​IMG] T starts the skirmish.
    [​IMG] The T takes shot at me while you're watching him.[​IMG] He takes even more shots while you're watching him.
    [​IMG] You decide to shoot him[​IMG] But then for some reason instantly turn to me to kill me while the T is still right there, seems you were confused as to who was shooting you and may have changed your mind after the T stopped shooting you and was shooting me for a bit, which means you claimed GBA for your own stupidity.

[​IMG] The T just wonders off because you decided that I needed to die first lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The more I watch the DS the more it becomes obvious that you got shot by the T, but you watched him as he tried to shoot me, so maybe you got confused and thought I was the original shooter? All I did was ID bodies, I didn't do any T acts, and you gave less than a second for me to react to the T who was shooting near me, to kill him... When is being shot at GBA?

8. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Thanks in advance for the warning.

Mentioning this cause I've seen it happen too many times in the last few weeks and felt it needed to be addressed (and this has gathered a nice number of wandering eyes). In order for a player to be GBA they have to have time to react to the traitorous act that they supposedly ignored. How you want me to help you kill a the traitor shooting you if you gun me down by the time I turn around?

9. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Sorry for the delay on my end. My parents, whomst I am visiting this weekend, have grade F- internet at their house(thankfully they are moving this month). I’ll do my best to handle this either today or tomorrow; thanks for the patience.

I promised an update on this today, unfortunately will happen tomorrow; timezones aren't my friend.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  10. Rozboon

Oh just realized that lars never posted the report itself, just the deathscene, the report from ingame would help as this is a 2 part report.

11. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Hey there.
    Since I'm responsible for @jack-o-larstern now, I'll review this instead of @banos
    You can expect my verdict soon.

Thanks for your patience.

12. Rozboon

hmm

13. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Hey there @Rozboon,
    first of all... apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience.
    This report has been pending for way too long now.

You mentioned that this report is meant to be a 2 parter, so I'll address the 2 parts of this report individually.

So, let's talk about the kill that happened ingame.
    I analyzed the video of the DS that Lars provided and edited it a bit so we can see things more clearly:

I'll use this edit of the video to explain my view on this situation.

You guys were both attacked by a traitor, who first fired a shot towards Lars and then decided to focus on you.
    Lars then killed you for GBA, since you didn't react when the traitor shot at him.
    Technically correct, but there's one problem with it. According to our rules, you have to give players reasonable time to react before you can kill them for GBA in a situation like this.

This is the part of the extended rules I'm referring to:
    [​IMG]

I've highlighted the important part.

In the video I posted above, you can see that the whole firefight took about 2 seconds total.
    The timer starts at the frame when the traitor fires the first shot and ends when the firefight is over.
    Shortly before the 1 sec mark is when Lars fires the first shot towards you. If you watch the first clip in realtime, you get a sense of how little time this is to react to the situation.

If a player doesn't have a reasonable opportunity to react to a certain situation, you can't kill them for GBA.
    Since you didn't have a chance to react, this kill would be considered RDM.

Therefor I'll be marking this part of the report valid.
    Lars will have to server a slay for the RDM and I'll be sure to have a talk with him regarding our GBA rules.

Let's take a look at the 2nd part of this report then.

I do agree that it's beneficial if staff members have their dms set to public.
    It would be more convenient to be able to reach everey staff member via messages on the forums.
    However, there's no official ruling on this. Staff members are not required to have their dms public.
    Therefor I'll be marking the 2nd part of this report invalid.
    I'll try to encourage lars to set his messages to open, but wether or not he does it is his choice.

-----------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, I'd like to mention that I think this whole report could have been handled in a more professional manner by lars.
    I'll give him some feedback on how to handle reports and we'll have a talk about this whole thing.

Thank you for taking the time to file this report. I hope everyone involved was able to learn something from this report and we can prevent situations like this from happening again.
    I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Report: (partially) Valid.
    Thread:
    Locked.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.