Invalid Report against LadyLag

Discussion in 'Deathrun Staff/Player Reports' started by Vambium, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vambium

Vambium New Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    LadyLag
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:96988764
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:48900933
    Which Server:
    Deathrun
    Which Map:
    Not Clear, as i reported her yesterday to a staff member
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:

Reason For Report:
    LadyLag continues to enforce her own opinion on the server instead of the server rules, making it an un-enjoyable experience on Serious Gmod server. She constantly gags me for accidentally burping as im mid sentence. There burps are not forced, as air is just rising from my stomach creating a small sound. Though thats enough to make LadyLag abuse her position, and when told not to abuse, encourage the report. As a staff member your own opinion should not be brought into your work as a staff member, but to follow said rules that are already specified.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Moved to deathrun reports, tagging @LadyLag

3. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Hello Vambium -- or rather Okienaku as you were named in the server -- thank you for taking the time to make a report.

I will be tagging my lead @CDriscoll as well.

To clarify, the map was Downtown Final.

"Mic spam is typically defined as:
    But there's a lot of other things that can fall under that category, as this is just a very broad definition for staff to follow. Everyone staffs a bit differently, and some are more strict in following this, however they interpret it."

I posted the above statement on a different report, but I think it fits nicely in this case.

I have no doubt in my mind that your belching was intentional to spam and be generally disruptive to the server. Not only does it seem forced by sound, but also you were not in the middle of a sentence as you claimed in this report. You deliberately held down your microphone key bind to solely make that single sound. I consider this unnecessary and even bothersome, as well as incomprehensible.

Unfortunately, the second instance of your belching which occurred the same round as I got to the explosive barrel trap in the next phase of the map was not recorded, either due to an issue with my capturing software (which has been happening often since the update), or because I didn't press the proper key. Either way, the belching happened twice, on the same level. Both deliberately pressing down your mic key to only belch.

Now, since the server was underpopulated, and you seemed to be an extremely new player, we did give you some slack at the beginning of the round. You and another player moaned into your microphones. Rather than gagging either of you new players, you were simply asked to stop, and it wasn't considered your first offense, because I assumed you weren't used to the rules that apply to our servers. Once you two were informed, I had hoped that would be enough. Evidently not, as you had to be gagged twice for belching into your microphone. My moderator @PixeL can confirm this.

Two of these instances can be found in the video below.

I hope this helps give you a better understanding of the situation, and what is considered spam.

Since this is a report against me, my lead admin will need some time to review this report when it is convenient for him. Please be patient.

4. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

As @LadyLag stated, you had numerous times where you were told to stop. The first time you mic spammed, I asked you nicely to stop. I looked at your hours and saw you were new, which then prompted me to be a little lenient towards you. The second time I remember you mic spamming, was the moaning. Me and LadyLag both asked you to stop once more, again, being lenient. After I knew that you definitely were warned and told multiple times, and at that time were aware of our rules, you continued. You belched into your mic, you were gagged and told to stop. You said "k" if I remember correctly. You obviously knew that it was against the rules. The second time, you did it again, and then called out LadyLag for abusing, which she was not. I hope you can understand our actions. If you have any further questions, you can PM me, or just reply to this thread and we will see it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  5. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

Vambium,

Thanks for taking your time to file a formal report against my administrator Ladylag, though I'm going to be marking this invalid and locking it up nice and tight. Burping into your microphone repeatedly is a very clear cut case of mic spam, and she was well within her right to gag you for it. I've never heard of chronic burping, but if you truly cannot control your gaseous habits, perhaps don't hold down your microphone when it occurs next time.

Again, this report will be marked as invalid and locked. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns with this verdict, feel free to create a forum conversation with me and we can discuss it further.

Thanks,
    CDriscoll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.