Invalid Report against Jabba

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Enemy "Rule Bot" Below, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Jabba
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    -
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:

Reason For Report:
    I’m frankly shocked I’m having to write this, but I guess this is just another Jabba induced writing. I don't expect anything to change given that the staff team did everything right under a plain text reading of the rules. But frankly I expect the staff team to exercise discretion, common sense, and initiative, all of which clearly didn't happen here.

His response to the Sanchez report is frankly disingenuous, and that is giving him full benefit of the doubt. For him to call the report petty, when frankly his mod was even more petty, is a joke. Jabba very clearly covered his mod’s ass with a strictly technical look at the rules. Last time I checked, we expected Leads, Admins, and Moderators to have the ability to use common sense by looking at the totality of the circumstances.

The Sanchez report needs to be looked at in the totality of the circumstances. From my understanding of the report, three people were involved for the majority of the rounds reported. Sanchez, Trash, and Hellflush. Hellflush was AFK for Every. Single. Round.

With only three people on the sever, and with a repop underway, I’d expect you to want to promote gameplay and actually play the rounds. Of the rounds shown, without any “RDM”, Rounds two and four would have resulted in a lengthy delay given Hellflush was the traitor. The fact that Hellflush had to be later moved to spec by Fspec because of delaying the round reinforces this.

Now, do I really condone the “RDM” of the other rounds? Yeah, for such a low pop, basically 1v1 with the AFK, sure. If you want to repopulate a server, the server actually needs to have things happening on it. Again, with HellFlush afk, its basically a straight 1v1 from rounds 1 to 5, with the server returning to normal at round 6. Do you really expect a 3 person server to repop if it has to endure multiple minutes of dead time to be “long enough” to delay the round?

Setting all this aside, I can’t for the life of me understand why Hellflush was not moved to spectator after a round or two. Our staff team is expected to have common sense. With three people, and one of them AFK, its pretty damn obvious you’re bound to have a delay without putting the AFK into spectator. The fact the Hellflush had to be moved to spec later on proves that the problem did exist, and it was frankly obvious it was just a matter of time till it reared its ugly head.

So the real questions are, why didn’t they use the common sense and initiative to move Hellflush and nip this problem in the bud? Why did they let the situation continue on, letting the RDMs stack up, without attempting to moderate and resolve the situation beyond writing reports? Why the hell were they writing reports with THREE people on the server? That in itself is petty.

I fully believe that Sanchez was derelict in not moving Hellflush to spectator and allowing this entire situation to persist. Trash committed plenty of RDM under the strict viewing of the rules. I frankly believe that both Trash and Sanchez are both at fault in this situation looking at the totality of the circumstances. Sanchez did nothing to moderate the server and proactively fix the problem beyond continuously writing reports.

So my question for you Jabba, under the totality of the circumstances, do you fully support all actions taken and not taken by your mod during this event? You've given a full throated defense of your mod, "upon looking at all of these facts."​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  3. Slightly off topic but potentially significant as its come to light just now, is the report timings. Can we please get full report logs with timestamps? It looks like Sanchez reported Trash but decided not to handle the reports and let them stack up.

All of Ori's screenshots show previous map report menus. Ori said that the first report came in at 2:22, and that they joined 2:30-ish, but that they'd need to check their demo to be sure. Assuming I'm correct about letting them stack up, and Ori's timings are correct, why was Sanchez not issuing slays as they were the only mod on the server? These TTT rounds lasted around a minute each. Ori said all three reports were in when they joined.

4. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I have no need or desire to regurgitate my conclusion from the report against Sanchez.

I've made my decision.

@Lordyhgm to conclude.

5. Good to know you won't engage. From this blithe response its pretty clear you don't care. Typical behavior from you over your tenure when you're questioned and feel it isn't worth your time, but hey, you do you.

So, question about this post.
    Is there a plan to address this in this report? Its really on Sanchez, but considering you've already ruled on the majority of that report I figure it'd be better to bring it up here versus making an entirely new report for this one point. Not to mention its a locked thread for little reason or anything.

6. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Ay so i’ll answer that last question here. As I said in the other thread, I must have forgotten to mention to sanchez that he should handle his own reports when no other staff are on. That is my fault, and he has been informed of the proper protocol

7. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

My apologies I didn’t see this report. I’ll handle this tomorrow.

8. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I really don't understand the point of this report as you are quite literally reporting Jabba for handling a report by the rules. Sure some nuance and foresight could have been applied but RDM is RDM, a low pop server being repopped doesn't need strict AFK control when Mass RDM is faaarrr more problematic to keeping pop, and all parties went into way more detail then was strictly necessary for the report just to make sure the above was clear.

So I don't really know what you wanted from this when all it boils down to is that Jabba did no wrong in his handling of the report against Sanchez.

Invalid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.