Invalid Report against Jabba

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Grumble, Feb 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumble

Grumble VIP

Keep telling yourself its a meme whatever helps you cope. You have no proof it was for cheap laughs, there is proof of you breaking your own rules.

2. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

I'd also like to add that he threatened me with a ban for posting an acronym for something he thought was something else, I'll post the acronym if allowed, again its not even bad but since Jabba misinterpreted it he will ban me if I do it again.

3. Rozboon

Oh and one other thing, calling someone a slut is inappropriate if we want to use this new level of logic.

4. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

You legit posted it and tagged @Sanchez ❄ because you knew it'd antagonize him.

What are you talking about? Go ahead and post the situation to this report. No punishment.

[​IMG]

5. Grumble

Grumble VIP

And here are the problems, the rules aren't clear cut they're left to interpretation by a megalomaniac.

6. Rozboon

BSDM

Indy posted it, I asked him what he meant by it, I then posted this

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/BSDM

Then you deleted it all, and said this to me
    [​IMG]

7. Rozboon

let's also not forget how you enjoy throwing out things then shut it down before anyone can reply
    [​IMG]

8. Jabba the Slut

Lol, you aren't going to convince anyone you two weren't talking about BDSM. Not an appropriate discussion between an adult and a minor. As for the political discussions, you threw something out, I responded to it, then suggested it be taken out of Shoutbox.

9. Rozboon

Can you post the full conversation you deleted? You seem to enjoy "Assuming" what someone means when they don't mean what you assume, and it's getting pretty bad.

10. Grumble

Grumble VIP

I agree and I'm getting a "The Emperor's New Clothes" vibe.

11. Jabba the Slut

I can give you puzzle pieces, best that can be done with deletion logs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now let's see about me "assuming" things, shall we?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let's ignore the fact that Indy says he's spelling it wrong, and search BSDM for ourselves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I'm not one to kink shame, but I only see two things here that appear to be fetishes.

12. Rozboon

So out of the ones you deleted of mine, which was deletable or "trying to push the envelope"? If you simple stated "he means the adult term for Bondage" sure I'd take it, but randomly deleting posts with no explanation and just a threat, seems a bit far fetched don't you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should I be punished for something you seem to have extensive knowledge about by deleting my posts instead of explaining the deletion reason without threats?

13. Jabba the Slut

Show me where you were at all punished for it and I'll concede to your point.

14. Rozboon

Deletion of posts is not punishment?

15. Rozboon

Threats are also a form of punishment, or at least the threat of a punishment which you would have no problem carrying out.

16. Jabba the Slut

It's not a punishment at all, in fact, it's something you agreed to when you made your account.

[​IMG]

17. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I have typed out a full conclusion, however, it is 2am and as such will not be posting it until I've slept, caffeinated, and re-read/edited it as necessary. Locking until then since this disney rollercoaster has already gone around enough times already.

18. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Aight y'all got issues but let's do this.

Accusations as they stand
    > Biased enforcement of the rules
    Selective enforcement of marijuana discussions and other illegal topics
    Selective enforcement of Harassment
    Selective enforcement of professional standards of staff
    Selective enforcement of #FreeMember Discord Nicknames
    > Invalid enforcement of Disturbing content or otherwise inappropriate ShoutBox discussion
    > Invalid changing of Discord Nicknames

Let's get the easiest part the way first; Admins have full discretion to decline name changes. End off pretty much, but of course, checks and balances exist to make sure that this discretion is only used for those cases where there is valid reason such as a loophole, disruptive qualities (glitches), inappropriate contexts, or other borderline cases. But we shall return to this topic later.

Ever since it became legal in the majority of states, weed talk has been allowed in shoutbox, and so long as convos don't break other rules we're happy to allow them. As for getting high, so long as staff are able to act responsibly we have little issue, same with any state of intoxication. Now, the reason this rule exists is to prevent any liability on our behalf regarding what people use our services for, and so if conversations risk becoming grooming, illegal sales/distribution of warez etc we would rather not hesitate. We do our best to not shut down mature and respectful debate but we will always side with caution.

We as a staff team have put a lot of work into changing attitudes and approaches to be more relaxed and chill. This is why we see what would once be unprofessional behaviour being more accepted. We do still hold staff to higher standards; taking staff aside to chill out when getting involved in heated discussions, asking them to change overly lewd profile pictures/sprays, ended too borderline conversations. There are no free passes, just different standards to older times and we do see the positive results in both the staff team and community. If you think that there are areas in which the staff team sacrifices its integrity too much then throw it in staff meeting suggestions, as this is how we discuss everything as a whole team to make amends.

Aight so, the pic you posted isn't serious or genuine. The link is a dud; the origin is murky, possibly a corruption of a well meaning anti-holocaust denial post, although is found among images like these
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    , tagged with slurs, and on threads with titles like: "Poland hate thread" and "hate on this shithole here". There is nothing to support it and it is a debate in Poland on how to handle the spread of such piles of steaming dung. Honestly kinda disappointed you'd try and defend it Grumble since I know you personally are just doing it for the kicks. It's a meme, the picture itself, but mainly taking it and posting it for the reactions and arguments. Also Rozboon, why are you? You haven't even played in years just stop stirring drama and being racially insensitive or just leave.
    Previous harassment precedents have clearly established that the victim doesn't need to be offended for us to take action. Hostility and offensive content on SGM services simply aren't constructive to a better community, so to make sure that everyone can still take the piss out of their mates alongside regular jabs and jibes we draw the line at the more extreme ends such as tagging poles in holocaust pics.

Lastly (I think? y'all went on a rollercoaster with this), the changing of discord nicknames to prevent further drama. I agree that it was unnecessary and an overstep of the purposes of the administrations' discretion. A preventative measure is best when it is done through education rather than punitive action - a sign declaring a minefield rather than a sniper post ready to put a 50cal through your skull to prevent you from blowing yourself up. An over-exaggeration of epic proportions to highlight the meaning as much as possible. #FreeMember has been around for years, I remember pming the admin luna regarding Sweer's MRDM ban as a pure innocent 17 yr old after reading URGENT: #FREESWEER threads. We stop those threads nowadays since they can become shitposts and flame the staff in question, and Jabba knew this well all the way back then. Discord nicknames, however, do not hold the same gravitas or potential, and so unless they are actually causing issues then there is not the reason of context/instigation with which we would condone the use of admin disc.

My conclusion after investigating, speaking with other members of the administration, and reading through some precedents, is that Jabba did overstep what is expected of a Lead Admin in regards to the extent of punishments, however, accusations of the biases and misuse of position alleged are not based aside from the usage of nicknames. All that I would ask of my co-lead is to reconsider his approach to such events to prevent the facade of a witch-hunt or vendetta since this image can cause more damage to staff-community relations than any actual misdeeds.

Invalid

To leave with: http://www.krakowpost.com/11648/201...ish-death-camps-with-education-not-censorship. Don't create a world of hate when you can build a better future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.