Report against Jabba

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Carl, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

It's rooted in a genuine but small complaint that is minimized or ignored by staff, and building off frustration in that, creates a mob mentality where, because the initial problem was never properly handled (even though that problem is overall quite minor), the idea is that justice has not been served. Alternatively, there is a more deeprooted issue that lies unaddressed completely that has created the idea of something unfair or unjust in someone's mind.

Long story short, there are two reasons why:
    First is a perceived imbalance between what is just and unjust, and even if it doesn't address the actual issue, the person wants to see the 'unjust' party receive some form of punishment or reprimand for their behavior. Anything to balance the scales, so to speak.
    Second, and perhaps the bigger motive, is that the person filing the reports wants their complaints to be validated. They are frustrated, and they want other people to both recognize it in sort of comradery, as well as acknowledge that the issue is as big a deal and is as valuable an issue as the time they've invested. It's a snowball effect: The issue starts off tiny, and only a few people notice, and maybe none or too few of them agree. So it escalates, and more people notice, but if not enough people agree then the argument hasn't been validated proportionate to the effort they've put in. Eventually, they make it such a big deal, that even if a lot of people agree, the person with the complaint has blown out of proportion in their own mind that they can no longer recognize how small the error actually is. It becomes irrational. Even if the response is overall in their favor, unless mob mentality kicks in and everyone is riled up to the same level, nobody can validate the offense enough to satisfy the person with the complaint.

Hopefully, that made sense as an explanation. The source is about 6 years of lazy psychological study, and my own experience with Wink in a near-identical situation so many years back, so obviously take it with a grain of salt.
    I also wrote this right before bed, and might have sloppily edited a few things, so if anything just outright doesn't make sense lemme know and I'll clarify.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Here i'll help you out. TL;DR: People are butthurt that their reports got closed, and this causes them to create more reports as a way to feel less asspained, and also they want popularity and they'll do anything to get it. How am i doin smoke?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

That moment when you realize...
    [​IMG]

4. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

You gotta finish up the report so I can lock it smh

5. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. Carl