Invalid Report against Jabba the slut

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by ThePaleRider, Aug 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Jabba the slut
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:67243880
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:106882839
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    Nuketown
    Which Round:
    4 till the end
    Time of Occurence:
    6:06 PM
    Reason For Report:
    dismissed a valid report against another player.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    https://snipboard.io/5UdgBu.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/kWe2v6.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/GAmc0y.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/ZewnTD.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/P8TgNj.jpg
    Red is me, light blue is the direction i sniped, then the direction i ran.
    Green is where he was when he kosed me, red on the Right is where i was when he kosed me.
    Yellow is the weapon i had equipped at the time of the kos.​

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I've seen this and will provide my evidence shortly.

4. The man clearly states that he killed me because i was "the only one back there" on multiple occasions.
    Jabba thinks that because he "could" have seen my name it means he cant add a slay, I beg to differ.
    The man didnt kos me until AFTER he got the the backyard, and saw me leaving the area where the sniper was at, from the opposite direction.

5. Keep in mind, at the time of me leaving that area, i had changed weapons, and he hadnt kosed me because he himself said he didnt see who it was.

• Posting in irrelevant reports/ban appeals
    I apologize for commenting here when I should not, but fun fact, this guy kosed me immediately the following round and lied in his report. Please do not let ThePaleRider(Forum Name)/Ares(In-Game Name) be a mod, he needs to mature and not let his feelings get the better of him.

Cheers

6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Let me break the ice here to say that all the other stuff we discussed in private, irrelevant, doesn't matter, who needs it. Because regardless of whether or not it was a false KOS, it did not result in damage to you or your death.

You were damaged by two people upon the KOS being called on you. Royal, and veL.

First, let's look at Royal, who was the person you believe to have called a False KOS on you.
    [​IMG]
    We see here in the bottom portion that Royal shoots you at 2:49 with an AK47.

However, in the above portion we see that you shot first (#HanShotFirst) just before he did, using a M16.

We can inference from this, that he likely shot you for initiating fire. You never reported him for damaging you, only for calling the KOS, so we can't be certain. Thus, we have to take all possibilities into account.

Now let's look at veL. It took me awhile to get a response from him, but he did indeed respond.
    [​IMG]
    Due to the amount of time it took for him to get back to me, he had been AFK, he was somewhat fuzzy on the details.

He goes on to state there were more than one reason he planned on killing you.
    1. There was a KOS.
    2. You killed an innocent in front of him. (Royal)
    [​IMG]

veL states above that he hesitated killing you, allowing you to identify the body. After you identified it, and veL saw Royal was innocent, then he killed you.

So what has this investigation determined? In the end, neither Royal nor veL killed you because of any KOS.

• Royal shot you because you initiated a shootout with him. (Probably.)
    • veL killed you because you killed an innocent.
    Therefore your report against Royal for his False KOS, regardless of whether or not the KOS was False, was invalid; because the KOS did not result in damage to you, or your death.

@Lordyhgm for her conclusion.

@veL in case I misrepresented his side.

7. he kosed me before i fired the shots, which is the reason i started firing in the first place.

8. regardless of whether or not vel states they killed because of the kos or not, they DO state that they were "giving me a chance in case it was a false kos" which means that Vel did in fact kill me for the kos, once he saw that the koser was an innocent.

9. The fact remains that royal Damaged me first, and that they had called a kos on suspicion, as they themselves admit on several occasions that they did not see me sniping, but in the report response after they say that, they say they did.
    If lying in reports can even trick a lead admin, who btw, didnt seem to look into the evidence completely originally, something that was marked as a Valid report reason in a recent report against a mod that they themself handled, then i think yall need to go back and be taught how to do things again.

10. Also, i deserve a slay on vanilla, considering i did call a kos on a man that was harassing me, and I did lie in the report response, which resulted in no slay being given.
    Considering its so easy to get away with lying, i think you should restructure your rules as well as the way you handle things.

11. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

So you admit to loopholing our rules? Interesting.

12. yep, but it was just this once.

13. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

would like to add this as it pertains to your response here, this isn't a one-off (and to save time on a second report)

14. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Locking this until Lordy responds. This isnt the place to discuss restructuring rules. If you have any evidence that pertains to this report, you can PM me or any staff member to get this thread unlocked

15. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Aight, so it was plainly a KOS on sus, but a false KOS is not inherently RDM since that requires damage or death to come about as a result of it.

The rule in question:
    [​IMG]

The way that this handled is that only damage caused because the player was KOSed is held against the caller; if the victim is shot for another reason then it is not held against the caller (since the shooter may not even be aware of the KOS).
    So I had a little dig around to see if there's been any consensus in the past as to how 'direct' a death must be to qualify. The largest thread that was still somewhat recent that I could find was this one. The general consensus that I saw was that it is strict and contentious and that the way we handle it now is the same as it was back then. We will not add a slay to a player if the damage wasn't the direct result.

So, how does this play into the report: Vel watched you kill someone and decided to only kill you once it was IDed as an innocent, they knew of the KOS but it was not the sole reason they killed you. If you had not been KOSed, vel would still have been justified in killing you (and likely would). Since we don't have split-responsibility and the damage needs to be direct, Jabba was correct to not slay Royal for Vel's kill.
    It's a similar story with Royal's damage: you fired the first shot of the fight and in how we handle these cases their KOS was no longer the sole/direct cause of the damage, nullifying any RDM.

Even back in 2014 this was a tenuous topic, but if you would like, you can bump an old suggestion or make an up-to-date version. Just be sure to read through the reasons behind why we handle these cases in these ways so you can suggest a wording/way of handling that's an improvement and in line with where the community stands nowadays.

If you got any questions just hmu on discord

Invalid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.