Invalid Report against Guilty

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Jässa, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Guilty
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    staff dun need
    Your Steam ID:
    on my profile
    Which Server:
    EU
    Which Map:
    67th way
    Which Round:
    Time of Occurence:
    30 minutes before this report
    Reason For Report:
    Scotty was shooting at people and they were shooting back, then Scotty ran away, I killed him for it yet got slain.

I could see the direction in which he was shooting and he was clearly getting shot back from that direction based on sound meaning there was a person where he was shooting.( not to mention he clearly shot towards the guy right infront of him).​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I'll tag @Guilty and their lead @DieKasta to notify them of this and to address your concerns, please chill for the time being.

3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@Jässa

The reason you were given the slay was because the only thing you saw was @Demon Blade shooting at the time. You were barely in the basement area when you went down, which is when most (if not all) the shooting had already occurred. As you can see from the videos provided by Scotty, you responded to your reasoning with "if ur gonna shoot towards someone, don't run away reloading. Go all the way". The problem with your response comes from the fact that you couldn't have seen what Scotty was shooting at. Considering he could have been shooting at a wall or anywhere else, this already invalidates your response as you cannot kill players for simply shooting their gun. As reloading your weapon isn't a traitorous act, this isn't a reason you could have used to kill Scotty.

But that was my own reasoning. If you have any other evidence, then I would like to request that you present it here so we can see what happened in your perspective. Otherwise, @DieKasta can finish it off.

Best Regards,
    Guilty

4. Jässa

Yes, I did not see where all the 30 bullets went but I could see where the last part of his spray went and I heard multiple shots coming from the direction his spray went. As this game does not have walls nor doors that shoot bullets(shocking I know) based on common sense I could be 100% sure he was shooting in a general direction of a person.

5. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

And how can you prove that from your perspective? This situation doesn't fall under common sense whatsoever as no one was proven to be damaged from your perspective at that point when you came down to see Scotty reloading. The only person you really saw was Mythme shooting when you went down according to DS. So once again, how does that show Scotty shooting at someone when he was just reloading when you went down?

6. Jässa

At no point in time did I claim scotty damaged someone, not sure why are you claiming it here. I claimed that Scotty was shooting towards people.

Kindergarten math.

Scottys perspective shows him ending his spray at 0-13:-014 and me killing him at 0:16 which is 2-3 seconds of a timeframe.

On the deathscene you can see that I arrive bottom of the ladder at 1:08 and kill him at 1:13 which is 5 seconds timeframe.

Since you do not seem to understand, 5 seconds - 3 seconds is 2 seconds. 2 seconds of me being able to see exactly what is happening. (And thats being generous, could had easily been more than 2 sec)

And since you seem to be completely missing whats happening
    No, I did not see Mythme shooting, I heard him shooting with a loud ass deagle in the direction of where Scotty was shooting. Frankly I have no idea if you are paying any attention to this report or care even 1% of my side.

Also I guess this would be a good time to note to Diekasta that you should actually investigate reports from both sides from the beginning. You instaslayed me without asking more information from me whatsoever. You didnt even reconsider putting the slay on hold when I asked why I got slain and for deathscene nor even at that point did you ask for more information. You clearly had no idea of my perspective before I explained my side in this report.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey @Jässa

I apologize for the delay. Tagging @DieKasta in case the original tag did not work.

Cheers!

8. Doben

Doben Party Monster VIP

• Do Not Comment on reports you arent involved in.
    "After 10 years of playing Golf It...."

9. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Hey Jassa, I know we've been in touch about this report already but sorry for the delay in finishing it up.

Simply put, your kill is a kill on suspicion as you didn't actually see Scotty shoot his gun at all according to the desthscene. You only saw the bullets fly across the corridor but you couldn't actually see who shot them. Sure you saw Scotty reloading his gun which would point to the assumption that he was the one shooting, but there's no way to be 100% certain that it was him shooting without actually seeing him fire his weapon.

Your argument that the timeframe gave you ample time to see what was going on is also irrelevant because:
    a) The deathscene is in slow motion so the length is skewed.
    And b) The deathscene actually shows otherwise.

Nonetheless, I have spoken to Scotty about going through and reporting you in game in this instance because he was in fact committing the traitorous act at the time and you were really only punished due to technicalities. I know how these sorts of predicaments feel from the point of view of the player and I've taken some steps in addressing stuff like this with the staff team as a whole.

Again, sorry for the delay in finishing this up and as always, feel free to pm me any questions you've got regarding my verdict here.

Thanks
    -Kasta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.