Completed Report against Grimoire+, Sly Blackhood

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Cereal KiIler, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Grimoire+, Sly Blackhood
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    you have it
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:90401528
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    mc_67thway
    Which Round:
    don't remember, I think 3rd
    Time of Occurence:
    ~6:14 AM
    Reason For Report:
    Unjustified Slay, Ignored pms

Unjustified Slay:
    I was a detective, near the end of the round when only few players left.
    I was passing by the water trap, when my radar refreshed, indicated there is someone in the T room, when there was nobody across the other side of water trap.
    1 second later, xavitorr23 went out of the tiny room across the tester (the room that leads to the T room), so I killed him because there wasn't anyone who could have be there, unless he came out of the T room, because there was nobody across the other side of the water trap.
    he reported me, I explained the reason behind my kill, but still got slain.
    Sly Blackhood handled the report, but Grimoire+ had the final word.
    I used PURE common sense, but still got slain.

Ignored PMs:
    Grimoire+ ignored 3 diffrenet PMs about the slay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    All the evidence is above.​

2. Stitch

Stitch Forever the friendly blue alien koala VIP

3. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

4. Grimoire+

Grimoire+ Sigillum diaboli VIP

Hey there,

So basically regarding your kill during my session training with Sly blackhood today you killed a player based on your radar and common sense, however the room in question was the T tester room, and because your radar pinged and didn't update you assumed that player was the blip in question, However you have no way to know if there were other players in the area with enough time between your radar update and the kill, or if that a disguiser was in play as that masks your blip:

listed under detective rules "The Disguiser (T item) will hide its owner from your radar. Take caution when using it."

Which was deemed a kill on suspicion on your behalf.

Regarding evidence of this, DS2.0 is broken and wont allow us to save them or utilise the evidence from them.

i'll leave the rest up to @HelixSpiral

5. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Hey Cereal Killer, thank you for taking the time to file a report against my trial moderator, @Sly Blackhood - times like this are crucial for admins such as myself to use your feedback and concerns to continue training and helping our moderators grow.

At this time Sly Blackhood is only a trial moderator, and is only there to make verdicts based on the given information and provide his reasoning behind the verdict.

Trial moderators hold no weight on the final say of the word, and only give their verdict, rather than committing to the protocol in order to punish a player who has RDMed.

In this case my Trial Moderator will not be reprimanded for his actions due to the lack of fault there is on his part, considering if he is wrong he is promptly corrected and is given what should be done based on our rules/standards.

Though he will be spoken to his lack of evidence in this case, considering of his recent update to his evidence collection, which caused a lack of space in his hard drive. This has caused him to lose a portion of evidence, including his time staffing with Grimoire+, and he is unable to provide any insight at this time. You have my sincerest apologies on the matter, and this will be worked on with him to ensure that he is able to provide evidence at crucial times like this.

I will be marking this invalid overall, considering he has no weight in Grimoire+'s decisions in this matter, and isn't able to commit to any of his verdicts through the proper protocol.

If you have any questions, you're free to message me through the proper channels, or speak with @HelixSpiral , my superior.

Warm Regards,
    Husky

6. Sly

Sly Onward and Upward to Greater Glory VIP Silver

It seems as though my Admin has already handled my part on the report but I would like to apologize myself for the lack of evidence. I will be taking steps in the future to ensure this does not happen.

Thanks!

-Sly

7. Cereal KiIler

Basically, like I said, the radar refreshed, and only 1 sec later, that guy came out of the T room and I killed him using common sense, only 1 second after the refresh.

And what about the ignored PMs part?

8. Cereal KiIler

Trinity told me that Sly has no fault on Grimoire+’a verdict, but I still wanted him to give some kind of evidence, especially because Grimoire+ hasn’t provided his yet.

9. Cereal KiIler

So if DS was broken, why did you add the slay?

10. Grimoire+

Grimoire+ Sigillum diaboli VIP

Because in the moment the deathscene's loaded up, however script errors occur shortly after which throws your names all over the screen and breaks key elements of the game so i looked at the deathscene and then used where you said you were and where the kill took place as reference, I apologise for not addressing the missed pm's part, i was actually intending to edit it into my post but i simply forgot lastnight:

In regards to the PM's you sent me i was handling things in admin chat and resolving something that had been left for a long time, so i simply overlooked your messages as admin chat can get quite full all of a sudden, Which i apologise for on that.

But relating to your radar it could have been fast enough that there was no time for anyone to slip in or it could have been so slow as to offer multiple people the
    opportunity.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  11. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Heya Cereal Killer,

We're kind of in an odd predicament on this one. We are currently testing a new deathscene version on Vanilla (What Grim was referring to by DS2.0), and with this version, we discovered there's a bug that makes our local deathscene saves unreliable- so I'm unable to review this evidence.

Regardless, Grim is correct. One of the functions of the T-disguiser, as is covered in the extended rules, is that the radar does hide your blip. So while it is possible that the person you ended up killing, had never been in the T-room at all. While I do believe common sense MAY have been applied here, the reasoning of him being in the T-room doesn’t exactly cover all of the variables. Was someone else in that room that may have been disguised for instance?

We’re in a bit of a word vs word predictement here unfortunately due to the death scene bug.

As far as the PMs- I have verified that Grim was taking care of an urgent matter in the staff team at the time. Leads do have a bit more responsibilities outside of staffing the actual server that may draw their attention away from the server for a short gap, which unfortunately happened during this time.

I apologize for any inconvenience there may have been here. We’re working on a fix for the bug at the moment and hope for it to resolved here pretty soon. If the fix allows old scenes to be viewed then I’ll take another look at it at that time.

EDIT: Based on discussion from a couple of staff members, and a couple of others that brought it up, I'm going to switch my verdict here.

I think I'm hanging this on too much of a technicality here. Despite the fact that you said he must have come of the T-room (in which common sense can't say with 100% certainty), the other fact is- the player couldn't have been in that position unless they committed another T-act. We're going to take a look at how the rules regarding "deceptive" T-items is stated (turns out this is only in Q&As in the moment). Grim will serve a slay for this next time he's on server.

Cheers,
    Helix

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.