Completed Report against Giraffe (Admin)

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Trevor ッ, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

Name of Staff/Player:
    Giraffe (Admin)
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    linked
    Your Steam ID:
    linked
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Which Map:
    Multiple
    Which Round:
    Multiple
    Time of Occurence:
    Multiple
    Reason For Report:
    Alright, a while ago i got banned for 5 days because i rtv'd the map i think 5 times. They put complete blame on me for "making" all of the other people rtv. They then watched me and gave me no warnings to stop and gave me a 5 day ban on west 2 for group trolling. This is quite a serious ban and it definitely did not constitute a 5 day ban. In no way did i affiliate with the people who also rtv'd or did i do things i have seen in the past like PM or just tell them to rtv, i would literally rtv and they would too. At the time i thought the ban was warranted because an admin did it, but in light of recent reports, suggestions, and appeals i do not think this ban was valid. Especially with the fact that all staff members got on and within the time frame they were on i rtv'd once. No further proof was presented that i rtv'd anymore than once. I know the ban is expired and everything but that's still on my like ban record and i do not think that it was in any way a valid ban. (Solar has recently stated you cannot ban for people rtving as seen in zomb.orgs post to make rtving multiple times punishable) Now i would understand the ban if i was telling everyone to rtv or i was trolling at the same time with that set of people but i wasn't i was playing like any other player and i was not making anyone rtv, it was their choice. Thanks for taking the time to look into this​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    @Giraffe
    @turtwig
    This was a long time ago so i don't have much evidence.​

2. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I would appreciate it if you tag me next time in reports like this as it seems like my opinion weighs heavy even if people do not know my statements per verbatim nor the context of the situation.

I never stated that this was not punishable. The context of me saying "I can't do anything about it" is because I gave the players freedom to follow suit in the !rtv or not. I didn't say "asking people to the point of spam and pressure to !rtv is not punishable", neither did I say the was or wasn't in the rules.

3. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

Hey Trevor,

As far as evidence goes, I have these screenshots.

Now, never did I solely put the blame on you. There was roughly four to five of you punished for Group Trolling.
    You claim you didn't have an affiliation with the other players but in this screenshot, you said you guys had a mission.
    An affiliation doesn't have to exactly exist but rather a shared goal between the group of people who participated.
    You claim that you didn't tell others to rtv but as you can see in the screenshots you do indeed tell everyone to.

Back in November, I had a discussion with the then Lead Administrators about how to handle players rtv'ing and encouraging others to also rtv.
    It was decided that players who would do so with success could be punished for Group Trolling and Toxic Game-play.
    By effectively rocking the vote along with players complaining about it takes core game-play away from them on the servers.
    It was agreed among us that what happened in this scenario was indeed Group Trolling and was treated as such.

I will go ahead and tag @Falcor and @Opalium to make a verdict.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  4. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

LMAO one time i say everyone rtv and i get banned for 5 days? Without warning or any type of reasoning before i got banned and i was the only one of 2 people to get banned for that. So yes you did put the blame on me. It makes no sense why i would get banned for 5 days because i rtv'd and said once "Everyone RTV". Also when i said we had a mission we did, everyone who rtv'd wanted to go to rats kitchen, how is that group trolling?

5. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Like I said in the ban appeal all those weeks ago, you continuously asked players over the course of at least 5 maps to !rtv because each map you got was "bad"

You instigated people to continuously !rtv, which took away from gameplay

I find this report unfair, and moreover, pointless. Giraffe is no longer an admin and the ban doesn't stack with anything I can think of, so voiding it would be unnecessary.

Regardless, you're reporting him for something that, at the time, was punishable. And in @Xproplayer's case, still is.

Furthermore, in this appeal, you state that you were "rtving horrible maps", and now you're apparently changing your story to being that you "wanted to go to rats kitchen"
    This isn't what I witnessed that day and completely contradictory to what you stated in your appeal

-Python

6. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

I said in shoutbox after that ban that i wanted to go to rats, and yes all the maps i was on before we're terrible minecraft maps etc. I like how you forget to have the fact that i was never warned, you were only one for one map, and that when i get banned the moderator saw me rtv once and no further evidence was presented that i even asked people to rtv or that i rtv'd at all. To respond to you saying i asked people to rtv i didn't. I guess i did the one time but at that time i had no mic so it would've been all in text chat and there was only one screenshot with one small line saying "Everyone RTV". Also in no ways did me rtving have any effect on game play, everyone was still playing ttt and we were all still having fun. We broke no rules and did not change how the game was played.

7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I was on for more than one map, definitely. As I said, I witnessed you rtv every map we came across at least 5 times, including asking people to rtv. The maps we got were not all minecraft either, considering you were banned on assault

I think you're forgetting that this is a report, and reports need evidence. You're not proving that anything you're saying is true, simply trying to recall details that, to my knowledge, you're getting completely wrong

I wouldn't say everyone was having fun. Ranked players were abusing the fact they have multiple votes. I'm sure several, if not most, of the players did not want to play a single round and spend more time loading into another map

8. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

If you look in the screenshots giraffe provided there is one moment were i say "Everyone RTV" and there is no point where giraffe or any other staff tells me to stop.

9. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

I only provided evidence for what I had as of now. Because the event took place over two months ago, I have no more evidence as I deleted all evidence (screenshots and videos) from my time here as moderator and administrator.

I will go ahead and tell you how I remember it. I was called on to the server as multiple people, including yourself, were instigating rtv'ing over and over again despite being warned by the mod not to.
    Three maps had already been rocked at this point. When I stepped on, two more maps had been rocked. That is when I handed out the punishments.
    There wouldn't have been a reason for me to be called on to the server about problems regarding rtv's if everyone was having a good time.

RTV'ing over and over is very disruptive for game-play on the servers.
    If players find it putting a bad taste in their mouths, they are more than likely to leave.
    Players would rather play more than a round or two than sit in multiple loading screens.

10. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

I and everyone else was never warned by a moderator or yourself.

11. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Hi Trevor

I reviewed this report and your original appeal.
    It is a bit concerning this was not brought up at the time of your ban and appeal. There was no problem with it's denial at the time.
    In the future I suggest to make any concerns and questions known when it is being handled. Or message a Admin+ to look in it.
    Due to evidence being deleted this Report is Valid and will be void from your history.
    I will give Giraffe a stern talking to even though he no longer holds his staff position.

Thank you for reporting.
    Falcor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.