Invalid Report against emptysnake

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Staff/Player Reports' started by Adix99, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adix99

Adix99 Ex-Moderator Emerald

Name of Staff/Player:
    emptysnake
    UUID of Staff/Player:
    empytysnake
    Your In Game Nickname:
    Adix99
    Time of Occurrence:
    March 3rd Morning/Afternoon
    Reason for Report:
    Spammed my PMs for 5-10 minutes.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I may not be minecraft staff, but do you happen to have a screenshot where you ask him to stop? That generally helps in these situations.

3. Adix99

I have to ask someone to not spam? What....

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey @Adix99,

wink does have a valid point. It does look like that emptysnake did have a valid question to begin with and may have been trying to get your attention, maybe if you were AFK.

Do you have evidence that you asked him to stop messaging you, and that the messages continued?

5. Adix99

I DON'T HAVE TO ASK SOMEONE TO NOT SPAM ME..... What kind of stuff is this? I don't care if he has a valid question. Do the rules not say NO SPAM? He had no valid questions, I was talking to someone in chat and he messages me wanting 10k In game money.... I ignored him because I don't like people that spam me..

6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

In order for this to qualify as spam, the user needs to know in most cases that the actual message is unwanted. This honestly seems like an instance where the user was trying to get a hold of you- and as you stated, you were ignoring him.

I will let the emptysnake know that you do not want further messages in this manner- but to call it spam at this point would honestly be a stretch since he had no idea whether you were ignoring him or maybe even just AFK. It may prove useful in later situations to ask the user to stop messaging you if the messages are unwanted. If actions proceed at this point then staff may take action.

I'll be marking this report INVALID. Feel free to shoot me a message on the forums or in-game if you have any questions.

7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Consider this your example of how to know when you're spamming as you've made an example out of yourself with one of my mods.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.