Invalid Report against Die

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by zombie whore, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Die
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:100474822
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:9786699
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    ttt_signal_v2
    Which Round:
    Whole map round
    Time of Occurence:
    12:01AM
    Reason For Report:
    Throughout the night Admin: Die was abusing Admin powers using it to mute and kick people who are holding onto their character voices (User: MudPluggs STEAM_0:0:22392824) Mudpluggs has always had a funny accent to his voice and Die just saw it as mic spamming. Leading to Kicking the user for harassment.

Another player (Assassin Vasto Lorde STEAM_0:1:52688388) who had a bad/slightly crackling mic but couldn't help it due to the fact that he still needs to communicate throughout the game was also considered mic spamming according to Die. Die told this person to go out and get a new mic or be kicked for mic spamming also.

I believe this is truly Admin abuse if anything which is why I decided to escalate this matter into a report. Please look into Die and make sure he has proper training to execute the position.

Everyones here to have fun. And also take the game seriously so that the Random death rates are kept next to none. Lets not forget that this is a Game not a communist server with no right to freedom of speech. Ty​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. ryan

ryan yeet VIP

3. Sly

Sly Onward and Upward to Greater Glory VIP Silver

I have seen this but I am busy staffing at the moment. I will respond later tonight.

-Sly (Die)

4. Sly

Sly Onward and Upward to Greater Glory VIP Silver

Alrighty thanks for taking the time to report me here on the forums this allows me to see different inputs from our playerbase and it gives us the opportunity to learn and grow from any previous mistakes we may have made. I see that you complain about the warning/gags/round gags I made while I was staffing the server earlier today. You can see in the spoiler below a screenshot of the rules that state, Mic Spam is discretionary to the staff online.
    [​IMG]
    In this case I found the player Mudpluggs Mic Spamming when he was singing in his mic and talking in a German/Dutch voice (I had numerous complaints about his fake accent prior to me warning and gagging him) as for Assassin his mic was not working properly and was making noises as well as repeating any sound played so I followed the correct protocol for Mic Spam. I see that you complained that a mic is vital to playing since you need to communicate but chat is a viable option if your mic is not working properly. I am sorry you feel that I was not properly providing and assisting a healthy and fun environment for you to play on. I will now be re-tagging my admin @banos to conclude with a verdict.

-Sly (Die)

5. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Thanks for your patience on this report. I've taken the time to look further into this situation, and with some further investigation on my end, have reached a conclusion.

From what I see here, Sly was correct for proceeding down the mic spam protocol for a player 'using a funny accent'; funny or not, this could ruin the game for other players and that's not something we want happening. I looked further into the scenario behind Assassin's ban, and that was handled correctly too; the player had a mic setup which was incomprehensible and could be seen as mic spam, which once again could ruin the game for other players. Once again, correct protocol was followed here and I saw no indication of abuse.

Thanks for taking the time to report this grievance to me,

~banos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.