Invalid Report against D3ath_Th3_K1d

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.), Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    D3ath_Th3_K1d
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:42488043
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:42850016
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Which Map:
    Richland
    Which Round:
    Can't remember somewhere in the middle of the map
    Time of Occurence:
    8:40 ish
    Reason For Report:
    False Slay

Situation:
    In one of the houses a Traitor killed a detective, a player named Swift goes up to the second floor kills that traitor and id's the body. Another player, By-Tor and the snowdog, kills Swift immediately not realising Swift just killed a traitor and id's the body (grace period he's fine). As he's apologizing on the mic I hear m4 gunshots followed by a deathscream and By-Tor's mic going out, no body is identified. Jabba comes down the stairs and I kill him for not identifying the body that was up there. I then get slain for killing off suspicion.

This falls under the common sense rule. I know 100% a player died due to gunfire and death scream. Jabba then walks down and away from where the gunfire took place and the body is not identified. Usually in these cases what may make it not 100% is a traitor may have killed the player and left the room or teleported out of the room but that does not apply here. Even if another traitor killed that innocent and left he still didn't identify the body that was on the same floor he was on.

Side Note: If there was something I missed that makes it not 100% you got to let me know man. I asked you about it in admin chat and you didn't reply to me. It's ok if you're busy at the moment but just shoot me a reply telling me you'll get to me in a second or something, don't just leave me hanging man.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

3. D3ATH_TH3_K1D

D3ATH_TH3_K1D You gotta soul that needs a reapin? VIP

I have read this, please give me a few minutes to gather my evidence for this report.

4. D3ATH_TH3_K1D

Alrighty. So you claim that you killed Jabba because you heard death from over there and gunshots, then see him walk out of the building unscathed. as show in this death scene here.

I ruled this as killing off suspicion, based on where you were standing in this situation. you can't see what had happened up there. i lack the sound of gunshots and death, but generally, you could hear that from anywhere on the map. You can' see the fire fight going on, nor the bodies that were unid.
    Now in the death scene there is an unid outside the house, however. we go off of reports as show here.
    https://imgur.com/a/xLcF9pe
    you claimed to have killed him because of the two INSIDE the house, which as i pointed out, you can't see from your location.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  5. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

Of course I can't see it but I heard it. If Jabba id's By-Tor's body i can't kill him for it since he could have just stumbled across the body as a traitor left. But the fact that he comes down without Id'ing it tells me he committed a traitorous act since I know for a fact there is an un id'd on that floor due to the sounds and I see Jabba come down without identifying a body. The only way those sounds can be replicated is by a radio which is a traitor tactic to get people killed anyway. (Fun note: shotgun sound x2 plus scream sound creates a perfect shotgun death through the radio).

Anyway that should be enough to kill on common sense since there is no way he could have not committed a traitorous act in that situation.

6. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

Can the deathscene show a few seconds earlier? After talking it through with some players they pointed out a few instances which makes it not 100%. Mainly the little shelf room where a player coming from the bathroom may not see it. However since Jabba was in the roof a few seconds before this went down he would have to come down from there. If he came from any other of the roof's exit he would not have made it to that room that quickly.

Also the unid you mentioned on the outside was identified by Jabba shortly before I shot him as seen in my screenshot above.

So there are ways that it could not be 100%, unless a deathscene can show the only way he makes it there that quickly is through that shelf exit it's a valid slay. Hope this clears up quickly now.

7. D3ATH_TH3_K1D

The death scene only allows us to view a 10 second frame, so what is shown there is all I was allowed to view. As for the part on not responding to you in the server, I do apologize on my part for that, as around this time it started to slow down and become calm in the server slightly, it had slipped my mind to respond to you, that was my bad on my part. I do, however beleive that for it to count as the common sense rule, you would have had to go up there to see the Unid bodies after seeing him leave the house, that is generally a big reason why I deemed it a kill on sus.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Seeing as I'm the player that was deemed RDMed on sus, I'd like to mention that a radio could have been in place, mimicking the sounds of gunshots and people dying. Thus making it impossible to determine if anything happened at all, from your perspective.

On a side note, I feel it is pertinent to add that D3ATH did not originally mark my report against Zane as valid. Telling me that there was an unID outside. It was only after I questioned why the report wasn't valid, and pointed out Zane's response mentioned unIDs inside the house, and not outside, that the verdict was changed.

9. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

Yeah that's fair enough, though I still believe you'd know for sure there is an unid'd up there no harm in checking the room first I guess.

There's nothing official on the radio but I'd like to think of it as similar to the disguiser in the sense that its a traitor weapon that can be used to get innocents killed. Any kill as a result of a radio should be valid, though I don't know how you'd prove that.

In the deathscene you can see you identified the unid that was outside.

That's about all then just for the admin to close this up.

10. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Hey Zane,

Thanks for taking the time to report my member of the staff team known as D3ath. I’ve looked over this situation and gotten to the bottom of it, let’s go over it together.

After reading your post and reasoning constructed for your common sense kill argument, I took a look at the death scene and other information provided by death, and I agree with the slay he placed in this case. The building in question had multiple exits and entrances and walled off sight lines, and any number of things could happened in there, incriminating or not.

While it may certainly sound and seem like he had to pass one of those given unided bodies, the reality of it is you couldn’t see it/known for certain; the body may of been obstructed from his view and a slew of other silly things that can happen in the course of that time in this game we know as ttt.

You did make a rather good point with this report I’ll forward to Ashes however in terms of communication and how that may of helped to avoid this report in the first place.

Cheers and bless up,

wink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.