Completed Report against Cthuluhoop

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Mason, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    Cthuluhoop
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:78592696
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:41113981
    Which Server:
    East 2
    Which Map:
    cs_assault
    Which Round:
    Time of Occurence:
    11:41 AM
    Reason For Report:
    Main Reason: Harassment/Killing on suspicion

Today I was chilling enjoying some ttt on assault when I entered the office area which has an entrance to the left and to the right (Evidence 1, situated to the right in the picture).

I entered to the left entrance (based on orientation in the picture) due to me hearing someone getting blasted with a shotgun. When I entered all I found was a terrorist looking at an identified detective body which was propped up in the corner, just outside of the right entrance (again based on the orientation in Evidence 1). He produced a flare gun and shot the detective's body, causing it to be on fire (while identified). So I shoot him in the head and identify this body. After this a couple seconds later Cthuluhoop turns the corner and starts calling me out and shooting me.

Her reasoning for doing so is present in Evidence 2. As seen she claims it is because I "flare gunned the detective" and that "stupidity" is what gets me killed. She had no line of sight on the person firing the flare gun and her only reasoning for kill me is that she "thought" I was the one who flare gunned the detective's body.

I filed a report which @BlueCore investigated, and he supplied me with her response (Evidence 3)

Also more harassment (Evidence 4).

Sadly I do not have evidence/screenshots of when I was killed on suspicion. But I do have witnesses.
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Evidence 1- http://gfx.esl.eu/media/de/css/mappics/custom/assault/assault02.jpg

Evidence 2- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=452786614

Evidence 3- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=452805312

Evidence 4- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=452786576

Witnesses:
    @LOGAN109 - Was in teamspeak
    @La Vie - I talked with him and he confirmed that this was in fact a kill on suspicion.
    @BlueCore - The active moderator at the time.

2. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

After a long talk with Derp and asking him for the details; it seems to be that @Cthuluhoop only killed on purely sound. Even if the body started burning when you're near it, doesn't mean you're the suspect at hand. The body could have been flared from across the map/room.
    Anyways I'm gonna tag
    @BlueCore and @Muffin

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Looking into the old logs for this event.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  4. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These logs prove that @Derp Mason never shot with a flare gun.

5. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

Unfortunately I wasn't recording, but this is basically what I explained to BlueCore.

On Assault I was coming up the stairs and turned towards that little room in the warehouse that you come down the vent area in. I heard the flaregun go off, saw the detective body burning and Derp there by himself. I looked around quickly and saw that everyone was ID(not seeing up in the corner that he killed a T, mind you). It was less than 5 seconds from sound of flare to when I came around the corner to him being there.

I killed him because there was no way for anyone to escape and he was there by himself with a burning detective. I never stated that I saw him shoot the flare gun or anything of the sort.

Edit: the "you're dumb" was to someone else. If you get offended because someone may have said "you're dumb" to you, you got your priorities pretty wonked out.

6. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

The way I was taught, if a person is in an enclosed space with a burning body, they are guilty by association regardless of who lit it.

7. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

You cannot kill a player for being near a burning body because there is nothing that player can do about it.

@Derp Mason never shot a flare gun but killed the traitor who did. And in the image below, @Cthuluhoop, you ask why Derp burned a detective's body. I believe that falls under anything of the sort.

> http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...268/4177D7AA48E2B6A4BEE58E9E047B41709D865659/

8. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

I see. Thank you for the correction.

9. zomborg

I was under the impression that he shot him but after looking at the dead bodies around, I concluded that it wasn't him.

Either way, as @Alice stated, there was no way for him to escape and he was right next to a burning body that I HEARD being shot. If I didn't hear the flare gun go off, I wouldn't have killed him. I didn't see in the top righthand corner that a T was identified, considering it was 1 second past when Derp ID'd the T and when I shot him.

10. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

With my understanding of the rules, this scenario wouldn't be considered RDM if you wouldn't have accused him of burning the detectives body. If you woulda responded with "Oh, I didn't see that he killed the T." This conflict wouldn't have occurred.

Because of the original accusation, I'd say that you have earned yourself 1 slay Cthulu.

11. zomborg

If I didn't see that he killed a T and saw him there by himself with all ID'd bodies, it's pretty reasonable to assume that he did it on his own.

12. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

After the round occurred and you both died; you wrote this in team chat.
    [​IMG]
    Really does imply you only killed him for you thinking it was him who shot the flare gun.

Also killing on sound is still killing on suspicion fyi

13. zomborg

Also note that the "original accusation" was there because of the fact that I didn't know he killed a T until he told me in dead chat.

14. zomborg

La Vie you are irrelevant in this situation since you only can go based off of he-said-she-said and you were not present at the time.

15. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Because of this statement alone the report would be valid due to the fact @Derp Mason never shot a flare gun nor have you claimed to see him kill the traitor who did.

Unless you have anything else to add, we should find a good time to issue a slay.

16. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

You could kill him on gba for bring in a small room with no escape because it meant he was with the traitor who burned the body and must have seen the traitor do it even if he teleported without doing anything to the traitor. That is, if he hasn't killed the traitor which meant he wasn't gba as he did shoot at and kill the player responsible. It was your lack of observation that led to your kill as you didn't check the entire room for you would have seen the T's body, and you weren't watching for IDs in the corner where you would have seen him have ID'd a body right before you entered. If someone is with a burning body and another body, unless you know the second body has been dead longer than the first body has been burning you really have no proof that the second body wasn't alive and burned the first and was killed for it.

17. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

Just wanted to add that we issue punishments based on intent, not just for the situation. Seeing as how Cthuluhoop admitted that her intent for the kill was that he was near a burning body, which we do not consider a traitorous act, the report should be considered valid.

18. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Putting that aside, Cthulu thought Derp committed the act, and Derp had ID'd the T, which they got into a gunfight over and she walked in three seconds later to shoot and kill Derp. She was within the five second grace period to shoot Derp Mason under the assumption he committed the T actions regardless. This is why we have that rule.

"-There is a 5 second grace period after killing a T where, if killed in this time, the accused player will not be punished for killing the proven player (5 seconds accounts for the confusion there might be)."

We might want admin input, but all the extra text flavour is not helping. We have had reports we have marked as invalid because they are within the five seconds of the T's Death.

19. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

The thing is, she didn't see me kill anyone. I was around the corner and the only reason she came to try and kill me was because of the burning body, and she would not have known I had killed someone as I shot him in the head and he did not scream.

20. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

It should be noted that in the extended rules, you do not have to witness a traitorous act to kill someone for it, in the case of one exit rooms, or in which you can guarantee no one left the room via teleporters/windows, you can kill for a traitorous act that you heard without seeing it, for example hearing the flare gun. Even though she was unaware of the traitor derp killed that falls under the five second grace period that Ravin mentioned.

EDIT: It's not my business to get involved in this report but i have been in this situation a couple times and have seen my kill be ruled both valid and invalid so i thought i'd give some input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.