Invalid Report against Crowned Wing, Pacifist

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Falcor, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    Crowned Wing, Pacifist
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    67thway
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:
    9/13 5pm est
    Reason For Report:
    I was enjoying gmod playing the game, partying in the party room.
    Shit went down behind me out of my view.
    I brought this up further with pacifist as he was the one handling the report in game.

Crowned, Sweer and myself were in the party room all round so far, listening to jamz.
    I was staring at the floor with no possible way to see the entire room.
    Shit went down behind me, sound wise I couldnt tell what was going on or where it was, I just continued doing my shit. Then all of a sudden im dead.

I reported and was told I was Gba.
    I talked with pacifist about it as he was on and handling the report, he went to wink., which then wink talked to Opal about this.
    The best answer I got was "witnessing doesn't necessarily mean seeing"
    Which hey I'd understand if the wording of the rules matched. But still a horrible explanation imo
    Another point I tried making as why Crowneds kill on me was RDM is I didnt even have enough time to react if I did turn around and see anything happening.

@Highwon I would like you to review as Opal already has and I disagree with his verdict.

I've waited for a response, since I was told this was being discussed but no luck yet.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

[​IMG]

2. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

3. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

Hey Falcor, thanks for reporting us today, Give me some time to collect my evidence around the whole situation as well.

4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am not sure why you are reporting me when I was simply following orders, but if you must you must I guess.
    [​IMG]
    You reported CrownedWings because he killed you during your T round. You were with your T buddy in the music room, and your T buddy started opening fire on CrownedWings directly behind you. In the following report CrownedWings called you GBA because you were standing right there and didn't do anything to kill your T buddy. I ruled that the report was invalid due to the fact that you were in the same room and had every opportunity to stop your T buddy. The way I handle GBA is based on whether you had an oppertunity to act but chose not to. In this case you had a clear oppertunity to simply turn around and kill your T buddy, however you did not. No physical obstruction existed. Your obliviousness made you GBA. I actually consulted with wink, Opalium, the administration, and the entire moderation team to reach the general consensus that you were indeed GBA. This discussion was opened up to the entire staff team, and we all came to the general decision that you were in fact GBA.

I will allow the higher ups to deal with this, however, I will not accept a valid report for this as I was only following on the orders of my superiors. CrownedWings also does not deserve any sort of reprimand, as he turned the report over to me and was largely un-involved within the situation.

5. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Wink asked me to find any recent examples of this not being Gba, Roz kindly linked me these ss of him being slain for not giving someone enough time to react. 2 seconds I believe.
    They might be out of order. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Youre reasoning still doesnt explain how I had time to react in a 2 second window.
    I really dont understand what youre getting at here. I dont agree with the verdict or the fact extended rules is not changed. Noone is trying to get anyone in trouble. Besides the fact youre saying no matter what youre not accepting a valid report, if it goes that way. Huh. Youre an admin Pacist lol what. I filed this report to get a clear an concise verdict cause as you can see the responses I got doesnt really make sense. Since I wasn't aware, and no time to react, even if I did see something. Sorry that this bothered you but you really shouldnt take a very clear cut GBA ruling as personal. If you read my report you'd notice im looking for a review on this scenario since for some reason on Opal had the final say on this so quickly and I do not agree with the verdict.

So ya kno technically if you wanted this report is against You(Paci), Wink and Opal. Thats why I asked Highwon to review this with the current ruling and wording of GBA extended rules. Also with how its been used recently.

6. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

My verdict was clear, Falcor. As both me and the others have explained, you were indeed GBA in this situation. I don't see the need to repeat my explanation so I'll keep this short. There's no place to continue arguing - this is my final verdict and this is how the rule works to begin with.
    Whether or not other reports were handled correctly is our of the scope of this report, and should be handled separately.

Report invalid.

(If @Highwon thinks otherwise he can add his input after me)

7. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Well, seeing as you asked for clarifications, I guess I'll do it anyway to eliminate any remaining doubts.

The core concept behind the GBA rule is that a player who is made aware of a traitorous act, is able to react to it, have a reasonable time frame to do so - and yet still doesn't react, is GBA. Being made aware of an event, however, does not always involve directly seeing it.

In the case we have here, there is a firefight right behind you in the very same room, merely a few meters back. This can be seen from the evidence above. Obviously, firefights involve sound too, whether it is the gun fire sounds or the death screams of the victims - and a fight in such close vincity to you can not possibly be unheard. The recording of your point of view confirms that.

It's important to understand that directly seeing a firefight in such a situation is not necessary to be made aware of it. Given your proximity to the fight, logic dictates that you were aware of it. Not only that, but the GBA rule in general does not always depend on seeing either - as in what I told wink, if that was the case, a group of Traitors for example could avoid any GBA claims by just looking away whenever one of them kills a player. Would anyone agree that I am not aware of that player's death, which happened right behind my back, just because I wasn't looking at it happening? Of course not.
    GBA involves basic logic and common sense in it, given it so heavily depends on the scenario.

So to sum it up: claiming that you were not aware of a fight that was happening in the same room, only a few meters behind you, with all its gun shots and death screams, is simply impossible. Therefore, my verdict is that you were indeed GBA, as this is exactly how the rule works.

I hope this clarifies it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.