Invalid Report against Cereal Killer

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by -Vader-, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Cereal Killer
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:90401528
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:20588914
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    Motel
    Which Round:
    Don't remember
    Time of Occurence:
    At the time he reported me
    Reason For Report:
    False Slay.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    I entered this room and witnessed Cereal Killer killing Slim in the bathroom. I thought the guy he just killed was a traitor so I waited for him to ID the body. Slim was innocent, so I killed Cereal Killer.
    https://streamable.com/fwc5k

Cereal Killer then reports me for this reason:
    https://i.imgur.com/0yrKrjJ.png

Okay? This is clearly not the case as per the video. You can argue I didn't see the landing shot, but the kill literally just happened, as evident by the scream, body collapsing, and shells coming from his gun. Here's the video in slow motion, showing that by common sense he's obviously the murderer.
    https://streamable.com/vjoju

The irritating part is Cereal Killer then handles his own report, and immediately adds a slay to me.
    https://i.imgur.com/YKoXHxw.png

2. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

3. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

I've seen this and I'll respond in the morning with my evidence.

4. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Hey, I'm out of town for Thanksgiving right now. I'll take a look at this tomorrow night when I get home.

5. Cereal KiIler

Alright, so here is the report in question:
    [​IMG]
    Here is my Point of View:
    and here is the deathscene:

As evident from both the deathscene and your clips, the kill and the shooting at the player occured outside of your point of view.
    I was relying on the deathscene to conclude this report.

There was no scream, as the killing blow was a headshot, as seen in my point of view. But even if there would have been a scream, it still means nothing, as the scream could have come out of a radio.

It is possible that a traitor hang the body earlier, and as I moved in to ID the body, I was shooting it, causing it to collapse.

Due to all the facts above, your common sense in this case doesn't guarantee that I am the one who killed that player, therefore it is RDM.

6. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Are you also saying that the deagle miraculously flew backwards when you shot the body that was hanging on the ceiling? Are you saying you shot the deagle to make it fly backwards? You either shot the body, or you shot the deagle, take your poison. Everyone could apply whatever you just said and get everyone slain for it. Unless that is what you want.
    Great excuse, 20 seconds into the round, the person planted a radio where someone died. He also took his time hanging the body. Then he ran away within a split second and somehow is playing sounds on his radio.
    Are you saying I could've called GBA on that? You passed a traitor who killed that person and then closed the door while you went to IDing the body?
    Are you also saying you shoot more than a few shots to get the body down? Who takes their whole clip on a hanging body when it takes a shot to get it down.
    I can always say, IT IS POSSIBLE that SOMEHOW, THIS BODY TELEPORTED HERE, it wasn't me.

7. Cereal KiIler

I could have shot both.

1) He could have used the teleporter to get away.
    2) And yes, he could have done all of that, without me being able to see it, therefore I wasn't GBA.
    3) Staff memebers are allowed to go by the initial response only, and you said that you were behind me the whole time, meaning that you were able to see me killing that player. But you didn't.

Once again, you didn't see what I was shooting at.

8. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

But you just said, you shot the body. Are you changing your mind on what you were shooting at? Throwing those hypotheticals around like a mad man. Are you saying this thread is meaningless because of what I said in the response? Pretty good abuse of power, but whatever, I made my excuse to post every time I am killed and I know I wasn't seen and wasn't called out on:
    "The kill was outside of your POV. The screams and shooting could've come from a radio. I was going to ID the body, but you killed me before I could. Therefore, RDM."
    This will be in all my reports against all my deaths. Have fun watching deathscenes and putting it all together. If that is how you want to play this out, so be it.

Suppose I have to make a few paragraphs in defense, oh wait, you can't, you have abut 150 characters to write on. I shouldn't be defending myself on this. You know that kill was legit, but whatever, play your games, and I will play mine. We are all learning from experiences, and you provided me great information. Didn't know I had to write essays on reports, didn't know I had to waste my time, but keep throwing your hypotheticals around, maybe you'll get something to stick and get a slap on the wrist.

You know, you could've also let a trial mod handle the report, but nah, you just wanted to deal with it yourself.

If I report people and they don't get slays, you will see me here making reports on that. I don't want unfair treatment where mods/admins get a slap on a wrist, while others have to suffer.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  9. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

COMMON SENSE
    1. When a certain situation allows you to, undoubtedly and above suspicion, prove that a player is a traitor.

This doesn't apply to mods/admins. @Noccam :^)
    Rules for thee, not for me.

10. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

This is just going to keep going, I'm locking this until @Kythol comes around to leave their input. If there's anything that you absolutely must include DM and I'll unlock.

11. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Hey Vader, do you happen to have a version of your POV with audio? I don't see any audio options on your video link (unless I'm blind, which is possible).

12. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Also, I said this was 20 seconds into the round, it was actually more of 12 seconds into the round. Are you saying he planted a radio, hung the body, ran away, went into his radio command and played the sound to trick me? (unless I'm blind, which is possible, but that is actually impossible). You don't need audio, you can clearly see that he killed him, I was literally milliseconds away from him killing him, and you require sound as to prove myself? You can just look at the time stamps between my video and his video if you really care about your audio that much.

I am guessing the rule: COMMON SENSE
    1. When a certain situation allows you to, undoubtedly and above suspicion, prove that a player is a traitor.
    doesn't apply to admins/mods. I want that rule to be removed then. Seems like a bit of a stretch trying to defend yourself that this wasn't a common sense kill.

If you guys aren't going to do anything, close this thread already. But before you close this, I want @Pacifist (seems to be the only lead admin now) to reply to this, because it seems like he is the only admin on here that actually knows what he is doing in this community. I know he isn't the lead admin to Cereal Killer, but I just want his honest opinion on this matter. He seems like a very well composed person, compared to the bunch of you.

Thank you for your time! Also, sorry for putting you on the spot light pachi.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  13. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

The reason I asked for audio from your POV was to confirm your claims. Cereal's clip shows that there wasn't a scream on his end, but that doesn't prove what happened on your end. Games can be weird, so something that happens for one person won't necessarily happen for another. Since you don't seem to want to provide that evidence, I'll move ahead with this.

From what your POV shows, you don't see Cereal shooting. You just see him walk into a room and he ends up IDing a body. Both the body and a weapon are moving when you turn the corner, but those can move for a number of reasons, so that's not enough to say that Cereal definitely killed him. You also never checked the body to see more information, such as what weapon was used to kill the player or how long ago the person was killed. While you had more than enough evidence for high suspicion, you didn't have nearly enough to accurately say that Cereal was a traitor.

I will say that the whole "a radio could have been used" thing seems a little ridiculous. While definitely possible, it's extremely unlikely that it would be in that specific location on the map. However, without the audio, there's nothing to gain from exploring this possibility more, so I'll leave it alone.

With that being said, I'm going to go ahead and mark this report as invalid. While Cereal may have been a little bit quick to judge the report (I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure), his reasoning for adding the slay is valid and doesn't go against any of our rules. The evidence provided shows that you didn't have enough to claim that Cereal was a traitor based on common sense.

If you have any questions or would like to provide more evidence, feel free to message me and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.