Completed Report against Bruno

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by BobbyBobs, Nov 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Bruno
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:33511477
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Minecraft B5
    Which Round:
    3rd or 4th
    Time of Occurence:
    Around 4pm server time, 7:00 eastern
    Reason For Report:
    I found two bodies outside of the Nether portal on the main part of the map; one was a detective body without DNA, the other was an inno body with DNA. I believe the inno was killed by a scout, but not a headshot. I picked up the detectives DNA scanner and scanned the inno body that had like 20 seconds of DNA left. The ping is below the map, in the nether. I go in, see the ping right on a player named tz- (STEAM_0:1:41797080). I waited for another scan, and it still was on him. I kill him, he's a T, and he had killed the inno I scanned. I get reported, Bruno slays me for RDM, even though I had DNA on the guy.

I believe this was mishandled. Bruno stated that there was no log of me getting DNA, but I did have it and it led me right to the guy. I wouldn't have killed him otherwise. I'd like someone else to take a look at this because I don't think this was the right call.

Unfortunately I don't have video evidence. I asked Bruno to check the death scene of the inno who's DNA I picked up. I believe he viewed it, but I'm not sure.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

@Bruno to explain his case and present his evidence @Voca to handle the report

3. Bruno

Bruno In time all things are possible VIP Bronze

Hello,

This was your report:

[​IMG]

You can see in that screenshot, there wasnt even DNA showed up, usually it does when you have a DNA.

Here is a picture of Angie taking DNA from TZ:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a deathstation but i dont think its needed since this is only for DNA case.

So if you put everything together, TZ killed Dolphy and Detective Angie scanned from that body which led to TZ's DNA, then TZ kills a detective who scanned his body.
    Since it doesnt show in the logs that you scanned any body at all, you must have picked it up.
    Picking up DNA's that are already scanned are RDM, it must be your own source.

@Voca to finish up

4. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs VIP

I checked the body before picking up the scanner. The body had DNA on it. I used the scanner on the body, and I only had one DNA evidence. That led me to tz-. If it had been a different body with different DNA, I would have ended up with two samples. If I didn't get DNA when I scanned the inno, it was because the detective had scanned it already and left it on there when he died. I don't understand the functional difference. I didn't act off of DNA on a scanner without actually scanning the body first.

5. Bruno

Bruno In time all things are possible VIP Bronze

Yeah so it seems that might be a case. We tested that you can't have DNA from the same body twice and it doesnt show up in the logs either, so it was a really tricky case.
    If it only showed up in the logs, this would have been avoided, but oh well, now i know.
    I'll take a slay for you.

6. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

So it looks like this already has been cleared up.
    It doesnt seem like its more than a rare and unfortunate mistake combined with lack of information in the report response.

On one end we have your response just replying, someone doesnt know how DNA works, and never did you imply where you got the DNA from.
    Then upon staff review, all that is available is that the Detective picked up the DNA and that you didnt, since yours would appear to be a duplicate from the same body.
    So based on the info that was provided he didnt handle the report itself incorrectly.

But the aftermath is where the issue is, and since Bruno already is willing to take a slay for this.
    I will be putting the report as Valid

Though keep in mind your report initial response could have had more info regarding the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.