Invalid Report against Aquast

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Kyle Turris, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Voca
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:14570606
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:26194344
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    Dust
    Which Round:
    6 rounds before map change
    Time of Occurence:
    12:50
    Reason For Report:
    I received a slay due to the following. I had walked up to the scene, where Voca had just shot his AWP or sniper rifle or something, at the same time, someone in voice chat screamed. As this happened, Voca started running away and reloading his sniper rifle. Naturally, I shot and killed him, where he proceeded to report me for RDM. Aquast then added a slay to me. That just seems like a really ticky tack report and slay to me, and it creates the precedent of the traitor reporting the inno after every time they die unless they actively SEE the kill. Context clues are important and should be used in TTT.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    I didn't record the event, but Aquast was the moderator who added the slay and looked over the evidence I'm assuming.​

2. Oops, this is supposed to be a report against Aquast

3. Credence

Credence Demon Lord VIP

Tagging @Aquast and their admin @Lordyhgm, please be patient while they gather their evidence and respond. I've also gone ahead and changed the title of the thread for you.

4. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

I've seen this and will respond after done staffing and gathering my evidence.

5. Aquast

Hey. You were slain over this report:
    [​IMG]

Here's the deathscene of the situation

and with a different angle

Simply put, you didn't have enough evidence to kill Voca. You saw him shoot, but didn't see what he was shooting at, therefore you couldn't kill him for that. Even with someone screaming in the voice chat, it could've been anyone around the map.
    For a kill to fall under common sense you still have to be absolutely certain someone committed a traitorous act before killing them.

I'm leaving the rest to Lordyhgm unless you have something to add.

6. That first deathscene makes Voca seem even more sus. I round the corner and see him shoot his sniper rifle, and then flee the area. I feel like that is evidence enough, because doesn't shooting your weapon constitute a traitorous act?

7. 1. SHOOTING PLAYERS or TOWARDS THEM (D)

8. Aquast

Granted, he seemed very suspicious. But again, that's not something you can kill off.
    [​IMG]
    And no, only shooting your weapon doesn't constitute a traitorous act. Shooting players or towards them does. And in this case, you didn't witness Voca doing that.
    As I mentioned before, you saw him shoot, but didn't see if he shot at a player.

9. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Ayo, imma keep this nice and short. Aquast acted correctly here. As they've explained, merely seeing someone shoot is not valid grounds to kill them; you must witness them shoot At Someone to be justified in killing them, not simply firing a shot. Aquast has provided the evidence that you could not see the target and your response to the report was sufficient to confirm a kill on suspicion

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/conversations/add?to=Lordyhgm

Invalid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.