Completed Report against Agent A

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Mr. Rogers, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    Agent A
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:69089132
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:68443873
    Which Server:
    Deathrun
    Which Map:
    Forums
    Which Round:
    Forums
    Time of Occurence:
    10:20PM CST
    Reason For Report:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Where is it in the rules that I can't use that word, completely in context, actually contributing something to the discussion? I was actually defending @Guilty and his use of specifically asking a player to not call others "faggots", providing an example that is very much the same. I wasn't trolling or anything of the sort and I think his reaction to what I said is both unprofessional and emotionally driven.

I'm tilted.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

And that's all I have to contribute

4. Mr. Rogers

In response to the point that "he didn't say the n word though", trying to express that this word is somehow worse than other offensive terms, that's just a poor argument because the word "faggot" has just much of an offensive connotation, arguably denotation by today's standards as any other word. Both words are very easily considered hate speech when used in a negative context, but neither of us used it that way. To ban a word from discussion seems kind of.... weird lol.

5. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

While the context doesn't falls under harassment, saying the n word regardless is not tolerated here as it is used as racial slurs to denote racism towards black people. Hence why I gave you a warning. Now, a person like you who have been here for a long time should know better than this. Here's the thing. Even in-game (TTT servers), we have not given people leeway for using racial or homophobic slurs regardless of the circumstances. My stance has not change even if it is done on the forums or by shoutbox. As for the thread itself, I told JtheLeno to bring it up with Sith Master or make forum report against Guilty as making that thread was not the proper approach to rectifying Guilty's course of action because it can incite harassment.

Now, @python I wasn't around to see that thread so I can't comment on that. I will let Falcor decide what to do with that thread.

Now, if @Falcor deems this kind of approach (which I have been taught by couple ex-staff in the past) in correct, I will revoke the warnings and restore the thread. Furthermore, if this approach is incorrect, I will take this time to learn from it and make sure the term is used without derogatory context. My emotions was not part of the decision making as I have been taught this way by people who were staff members during that time, and I am simply enacting what I have been taught. If you call me n word, f word, etc. irl, I wouldn't care because there is no point in getting angry at them as there are better ways to approach to the situation.

Now I will leave the rest to @Falcor .

6. Mr. Rogers

The word itself is a racial slur of course but it's not offensive in any way shape or form depending on context, and hell yea I've been here for a long time and I know what the forum rules are.

[​IMG]

You said yourself it's not harassment, and it's not 'disturbing content' either because it's a word that's meant to be used as apart of the English language. I could see your point more if I was at all trolling, just nonsensically saying the word for no reason and having no reason to bring it up, but I had perfect grounds to use a comparison in this situation and make an argument with the word based on the current forum rules.

The way you're describing it, if someone had asked you in chat "does saying nigger count as harassment?" that would be against the rules, because no matter what they used that word and it's banned.

The reason I linked that thread is because not one of those people were warned in any way shape or form for saying the word (in context), Staff Members left it alone I'm assuming because everyone understood the word was being used as apart of discussion. How come action was taken on me instantly for doing the same exact thing people were doing in this thread? It makes no sense to me, when this has been sitting here for weeks.

[​IMG]

If the word is banned for some completely odd reason then I expect Guilty be talked to for using the term "faggots" because according to the logic you used no matter how you cut it that word is hate speech, just like this one.

I'd also like to note that the fact that my response has remained unedited by staff speaks volumes about my point.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Like I told you, I wasn't around when that occurred. Hence why I will leave that up to @Falcor 's decision. After checking that thread, should I really go back to scourge through every single thread for such word? As for your claim that nobody was warned, there was one person who was warned. Because that thread is more than week old, I will let Falcor decide if we should leave it alone or hand out warnings for inappropriate language for those who weren't given a warning.

As for your statement, yes and no. n word carries a negative connotation with it. Hence why it's a forbidden/inappropriate word to say. If you said it in the servers, you would be muted/gagged, regardless of the circumstances. Thus, the servers are part of SGM. Forums, like-wise, are also part of SGM. Thus, I will still follow procedures for such usage of word regardless of the context.

8. Mr. Rogers

I'll let Falcor say what she has to at this point because I'd just be repeating myself if I tried to explain it all again.

Also maybe you can mute / gag for saying the word nonsensically / in a negative context on the servers bc of that pretty blue name you have but it doesn't fall under spamming it's Harassment and that's a warning ty.

I still stand by that you can use the word in the same exact context I used it in, it's not a banned word. Never has been.

9. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Hi Rogers,

Thank you for bringing this up to me.
    After I reviewed the original thread the slur was not used in a trolling or negative way.
    It was a comment of discussion on what i'm assuming to be a shit post. Regardless if it was a shit post or not Rogers comment was acceptable.
    We do not censor people during discussion unless it it directed at someone or derailing a legitimate discussion, or generally causing issues.
    Once again there was no issue with Rogers comment.

I will be removing the warning point but I will not be restoring the thread.
    Agent and myself will be having a discussion about this topic and how we do not censor general discussion or comments. Unless it falls under what was previous stated.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. If you want to talk about this Rogers you know you can always message me.
    Regards,
    Falcor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.