Rejected !reply(!r)

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Dolph1n, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Instead of having to type out someone's name when in a PM conversation, you type !p and hit tab, and it autocompletes to the last person who PMed you. Absolutely wonderful for staff members, as it can save a lot of time for them over a few uses.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

terrible for staff as youll hit enter right as someone else pms you. -1

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

that's not how it works.

You type !r into chat and then hit tab as if to autocomplete a name. It'll then change your command to !p (name of last person who PMed you). If it's not the right name cause you got PMed last second, you can just backspace and write their name manually.

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

We had this in minecraft and people were constantly messaging the wrong people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

!p doo *Tab* works fine in my opinion, it already auto completes names, i dont see why time should be used on this when people will just end up messaging the wrong person, with some possible serious consequences. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Yeah I agree with chris, I use tab all the time for replying with !p. So I'm not exactly sure what the purpose if this would be if the current use of the PM system is fine.

7. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Even if I see that the suggestion was meant well and to help staff the suggestion is sadly flawed as people has already mentioned. The system that is now is good enough so I have to say -1 on this one.

8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

We should invest in telepathy. PM will be a thing of the past! Just one thought away from knowing how much of an rdming scumbag you really are.

Better luck next time friendo!

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I think having to type would be lame, BUT with lua you could probably actually code a system where you could bind any key to a quick reply, MAYBE. IE bind your m key, and anytime you click that itd open your chatbox with the !p fullname typed and then you'd type your message. BUT this would be a bit of a pain to code, and I'm not sure how or even IF gmod lets you set chatbox typing with lua. @Opalium thoughts here?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

btw when you are !p you dont have to write their name fully. For example if the guy you want to pm is "Blue WhaleFish" you can just write "WhaleFish"

11. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Honestly just use the menu if you have multiple messages with multiple people, just dont talk to both @SmileyOfChaos and @MyriadOfChaos at the same time

• Like Like x 1
  12. MyriadOfChaos

MyriadOfChaos It was fun.... VIP

Alot of people mix us up already. Sticking to the menu is fine and theres no need to implement something when the system works just fine. If youre talking to someone that much anyways just join the TS or join a discord channel.

13. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

tbh this is a good suggestion ruined by people not being open to having the function there. Some people messaged the wrong people on MC, but that's the downside of being lazy. Just because it's there doesn't mean you need to use it.
    However if the community doesn't intend to use it then it's best not to even take the time to code it in the first place, though I know it won't be hard to code. (though I never worked on optimized things, just know that it's easy to code)

Anyway I love this suggestion +1. I'd use it. Then again I usually type the persons name out without using tab. This feature is useful when some special snowflake with special characters messages you. (Also going to the ulx menu to message the special snowflake is too slow. It's much faster to copy/paste his name from console. )

People argue that the system works fine, yes, he never said it was broken. He was asking to add something to make it easier for lazy people.

14. Oddsome

Oddsome VIP

-1 not needed. Tab works great and this may cause issues with pming the wrong person

15. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

This was discussed in the past. We don't think this will be necessary - GMod's name auto completion does the trick already. We prefer to reserve this command for something else.
    Thanks for suggesting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.