Removing East 2 and West 2 was a really good move

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Onion Wizard, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Just wanted to say thank you for finally doing this. For over a year it's been that everyone would just hang out on one of the west servers and then scatter when the servers crashed. Now we all know where to go after a crash and can more often play on the server closest to us.

Please keep it like this for the foreseeable future.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. jshore

jshore VIP

ok

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

fuck you
    east 2, so many memories

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Meh. It was nice to be able to transfer to another West server when the other West crashed. Fix the fooken crashing already

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. That's only nice if you live on the west coast. At least now the crashing forces it to be favorable to everyone at some point. My ping is 70ms difference between the servers.

6. Saturnity

My ping goes up by like 80 when I go over to East servers lmao. It's stupid. I mean hey, wouldn't have to worry about it if they just fixed it. Get so much money a month ye think they could afford better servers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

u gon get banned feller

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. If you're saying the crashing is due to the server host than that likely isn't true. It's a bug with Gmod most likely. And money can't solve a problem if the method to solve the problem isn't known.

And honestly, idk why they paid for those extra two servers for this long. At most two TTT servers at a time were populated for over a year.

Edit: Also @Saturnity like I said, at least everyone now gets good ping at some point. Us East coasters dealt with the same thing for a long time.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  9. Saturnity

I've never had a server crash this often for what seems to be no reason, every server I have played on doesn't have a crashing problem so i dunno.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Well, most servers also don't write the code for most of their stuff themselves. I would very much prefer the crashes than have some low-tier code setup like most workshop reliant servers are. And all servers crash to some degree.

11. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

I hope EUnilla is next.

12. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

But EUnilla doesnt crash Dani, we dont need to remove it, we need to make more EUnillas instead.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. jshore

jshore VIP

sorry we don't need more minecraft garbage

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

I think the best thing is that it concentrates our player base on less servers so when one does crash we can transfer to it but also its easier for more people to just funnel on to 2 servers instead of 4 and I think that really boosts us in a lot of ways. All around a really good not shitpost thread that I like.
    +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

I live on an island, East, West, I'm still shit at this game.

• Funny Funny x 2