REMOVE TTT_infini_b5

Discussion in 'Maps' started by waffle, Mar 7, 2021.

1. waffle

waffle VIP

schizo

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Well... I may have located your problem...

On a mid to high tier system this map probably doesn't dip too badly, maybe a few frames lost here and there when you approach the outside area. On a lower end PC, however, this map sucks high tit. Not only are you rendering the entire map, but the lower half of the map is totally unnecessary. In addition, this map has a shit ton of props that should have a rendering distance. I shouldn't be rendering shit outside while i'm inside. He could have added that to the skybox, considering there is a death barrier at the bottom that prevents you from hitting the water. This map needs to be optimized or outright removed.

Honestly, it is really dumb because these issues could be solved with a few cut visleafs near the corners of the outside areas, but even then, the outside areas require so much rendering power because the map maker wanted to get weirdly detailed. Not to mention there are a few parts of the map where the visleafs are just outright fucked.

y i k e s

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Can you make a list of all the changes you want? I could maybe work on this if I get my hands on a decompiled version of the map or have the time to fix all of the compiling errors.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

a few area portals, redoing the bottom area there, setting prop fade distance. Basically, any level of optimization

• Winner Winner x 1