Rejected Remove ttt_cluse_se (For now)

Discussion in 'Maps' started by My Dime Is Up, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

ttt_clue_se is a MAJOR FPS hogger, a small map (which was originally designed for the Murder gamemode) so it makes it a c4 map, and other tiny problems. The video below shows the FPS impact on my PC with a i5 4690k and a Gigabyte 1070 with no players, and only a local singleplayer server (Yes, local and hosted maps give different FPS). Imagine this map with the common Garry's Mod player and with a playercount that SGM has.

(Make sure to watch in HD to see frame counter)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

That video looks really smooth to me, I don't see the lag?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Uuuuhhh... what? You're getting 70-270 FPS and it's not dropping to anything lower than that. Are you alright?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The map has been in the community longer than you have and has never had any issues.

• Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  5. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

No need to be rude, but I agree there isn't any issues I see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

ohgodno
    80 fps?! Ive never seen something so appalling. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. My Dime Is Up

Also 80fps with my computer specs on with Garry's Mod is actually bad, and shows how unoptimized this map is (Watch the wireframe part and see how much is being rendered and how much shouldn't be)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I have been playing this server now for 2 years and I have never once had a problem with lag on clue. Matter of fact, even when c4 is going off I don't usually drop much

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My Dime Is Up

How about it jsut being reoptimized? We keep the map but just have it optimized. Seriously, this map is atrocious for Garry's Mod. Even ~80% of DarkRP maps get better average FPS then this.

10. Toest

my computer is about as bad as it gets, I have minimal fps issues. Must be a you problem

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Toest

probably because you die

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I am playing on a laptop that has 20 fps max. I get around 12 fps on clue. I get 11 fps on assault highway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Clue has always been perfectly fine for me with my 1080 oced, then again ... :p but back on topic my old 3 year old 770 non oced rank 150-200 fps on it fine on high settings with no problem this is a you problem dime.

14. My Dime Is Up

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this is a me problem. This map is stripped right from SGM downloads. If you watch the video (Timestamp 0:34), you see how unoptimized the map is. If anyone would like to rebut my point and record the FPS standing in the middle front of ttt_clue then please do so. But I know this for sure isn't a "me problem" since maps can't magically change how they optimize, render things without recompiling the whole map in Hammer.

Again, maybe instead of removing the whole map, we reoptimize it. When I decompiled the map, I saw so many unnecessary world objects and compilling the map took about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 67thway for comparison took 1 hour and 21 minutes. Think about the size of each map and think about that. ttt_clue is so unoptimized. How about maybe we just reoptimize it?

15. Toest

not sure why no one else is having this issue...
    still sound like a you problem...

16. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

never have issues with this map, make sure you exec mcore_on

17. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I think some people here dont realize how big of a difference dropping from >120 to 60-80 can make.

I haven't myself noticed FPS drops on this map. On some other maps like teenroom and rooftops I do get them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Anything 60 and aboves easily playable though,

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

i've only experienced bad fps (45) on camel, in single core mode, standing in the back of the map looking forward.

why is it called camel

20. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

[​IMG]

I ran the map on my craptop without gmod_mcore_test enabled, I couldn't get my fps lower than 50.
    You might want to try to adjust certain settings.

My craptop spec:
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8500M/8700M (It's probably 700% less powerful than the GPU you're running...soo.......)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.