Remove the overplayed maps for a while or put them on rotation.

Discussion in 'Maps' started by ScttyDsntKnw85, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Dolls, 67th way, InnocentMotel, and Assualt (maybe pool and bowling). I have noticed when anything besides these four are gchosen there is a big bout of whinging in the chat/voice chat about how they are garbage. There was even bitching about the NEW maps that almost the entire server hadn't played on before, just because "they didn't know the map that well".

I am not saying to remove them completely maybe just let some other maps get some play time or put maybe one or two of the popular maps on a rotation every month. I know people are going to say "what about the regulars that like the maps" and when I was a admin for a BF4 server it died because the regulars kept playing the same maps over and over again.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

They are played so much because they are popular. To suggest that we remove the most popular maps is like asking us to get rid of the things the players like. Not very productive i'd say.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. They are only popular because if you dare to try to play on something else they RTV it out. Just because they are popular doesn't mean they are liked, they are popular because people have no other choice.But like I said don't remove them all together, put them on a rotation so that maybe we only have one or two available every month.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

You mean the other 30+ maps available to choose from?
    Not to mention that Random Map is almost always picked when it's an option
    And yes, people pick maps based on preference, believe it or not.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

-1 Just because you don't like the popular map doesn't mean that they should be removed so you can get your wishes more than others as why vote on the popular maps because they want to play on them, not just because they are popular.

6. Like I said before I don't want them removed altogether, just maybe put them on a rotation. From what I have observed the maps go(not in this order) Dolls->67th Way->Assault->InnocentMotel->Random rinse and repeat once the one of the above is unlocked. IF by some chance a map is chosen outside of the popular ones people whine and cry and then RTV it away so they can choose a popular(overplayed) one. I saw this happen with the NEW maps, I am not the only one to have this opinion but it seem I am the only one who either has the gall to speak up or the rest don't post on the forums.

7. wagwan

wagwan VIP

-1 The reason the maps are played a lot is because they are the maps that everyone likes.

• Agree Agree x 2