Rejected Remove single server bans and opt for shorter globals

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Xproplayer, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

With the downsizing it makes sense.

• Disagree x 8
    • Agree x 6
    • Dumb x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

This sounds kinda interesting. I'd like to hear it more fleshed out though before I +1 or -1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Meh.. I mean with the regular one server bans people will play on other SGM servers and keep interest. You ban them from all servers, they go play another TTT server, and simply lose interest in SGM. I mean.. Maybe.. But I dunno. Same as above.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

I simply - 1 this idea. Even short globals will dramatically reduce interest, compared to even longer local ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Surprised this thread wasn't nuked with negatives. Someone (maybe me idk) should think this out a bit better and turn it into a better discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

but why though?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. audrey

audrey batty VIP

I guess I'd ask—what's the point of local bans at all? If they can just go play on another, identical server, maybe besides a different player count, how strong of a punishment is it, in reality?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

I am a player with only 1 ban on record here and i personally believe it should be better, but thinking about the server i believe it's not the best idea.

But are you thinking about all bans?

From karmabans to rdm and leave or only specific ones?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I have/had similar thoughts since joining, since it did confuse me a bit. That on one hand, players were chastised for mass RDM and banned . . . but then we turn around and say "the ban is local so you're welcome to play on this other functionally identical server instead (y)"
    It does, to me at least, kind of devalue the punishment aspect. And as such, I understand making bans global. Inversely, there's a ton of situations where I feel like making a ban global is kind of silly. Like, rdmx3 is pretty benign. As is micspam, even though it's annoying, it's not /that/ bad (typically). So striking a balance that gives fair punishments (even if we alter the times) is very difficult.

The way I currently see it, with local bans we're giving players an "ay, this shit ain't cool. Learn the rules and follow 'em" - which I like, rather than just excluding them entirely.
    A first time offender getting any length of global ban would heavily discourage ever returning to or joining our community. I think the way it is currently is a lot more 'friendly' - we punish bad behaviour and encourage learning/following the rules, while also inviting them to join us by not shutting every door in their face.

In short, I think the punishments are for the most part fair in their current iteration with local/global variations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

No it doesnt. Huge-1

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. These. Like @Siddo❄ said, the local ban suspends a rulebreaker's devious behavior, but allows them to play elsewhere, having been warned to amend their behavior. Your average player will learn quickly and not need a global ban, and those with malicious intent who continue their misdeeds on the next server they go to will quickly find themselves banned all the servers. It makes a lot more sense than the total exclusion, especially when we don't have as booming a playerbase at present.

12. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

Nah dawg that would end in big g3y mess

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

+1 fuck the player count right.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

+1 i want to be able to use my alts.

15. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

didn't read and it sounds like a shit idea

[​IMG]

• Old Old x 1
  16. -1 just leave it as it is

17. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hey,

Besides the unneeded gravedigger, I feel that enough of our players have voiced their opinion on this suggestion.

That being said, I don't feel it would be good for our servers and community.

-MT

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.