remove rdm and leave

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by BorkWoof, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

idk this has probably been suggested before but im really bad at using the search bar soo

i think we should just remove rdm and leave bans and just replace it with a simple slay on your steam id

imo its just unnecessary to have and just forces people to stay on the server when they can easily serve it later

it could also reduce the barrage of rdm and leave ban appeals on the forums atm and makes staff members' jobs easier

• Disagree x 8
    • Dumb x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Kyuu

Kyuu The True Trap of SGM VIP

Bork just why? I feel RDM and leave bans are needed for 90% of the toxic people on the on the server

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

if they join back they'll get slain
    if they don't join back a 5 day ban wouldnt do good either

4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

So if you're slain and don't wait til the end of the round to leave, your punishment is another slay? What stops that person from just leaving before their slay is up again?

Plus it discourages randoms who just want to come onto the server to RDM and leave

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

o shit i never thought about that
    idk in a previous server i played on there wasnt rdm and leave so i thought like the slay would only count if the round completely ends

also also when you get a slay on your id because you rdmed w/o staff and then you join back without staff, cant u do the same thing
    also also also

what

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  6. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

So say if this was a thing and some random player comes on the server, RDMs me and then leaves. Then they wouldn’t get any punishment, even if it was at least 2 people that he/she killed. They could then easily just reconnect and do the same thing over and over again. I’m sorry, but this post honestly makes no sense. -1

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

no

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

no

9. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

this is not croissant dot ge ge -1.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I'm a big fan of this. Add 2 extra slays to a steamid when they rdm and leave. Saves a lot of hastle on everyone's part, and still makes sure rdmers are punished.

Now.... Someone said "well what's stopping them from rdming and leaving the other slays they have?"
    Who cares if they leave again? They have to end up sitting that round out anyway, who cares if they join, leave, then come back in ten minutes... Still had the same effect of making that person sit the round out.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Just don't rdm before you have to leave, and check with staff if you can work something out if you really have to leave and have a slay

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

wasn't this a suggestion like 2 weeks ago???

Still a no! there are ways to get out under slays if there is no mod online to watch it, they can come back and use this glitch to undo the slays.

13. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

I made a similar thread once in which I suggested no punishment at all.

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/rdm-and-leave-bans-are-pointless.50506/

TO SUMMARIZE: My point was that the people who RDM get a slay for it, and the slay stays on them anyway. Whether they leave before or after the slay is issued, they still effectively miss around, which is what a slay would do.

The biggest counter argument against my suggestion was that this would allow the RDMer to be able to choose when they get slain, but the inconvenience of being slain at a time you don't want to is part of the punishment. I think that this is a pretty good argument, so I think I disagree with your suggestion.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

UR NAME IS LIEK THE SOND I MAEK WHEN I POOP.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

doesn't contribute to the thread.

Perhaps the ban shouldn't be given out unless they've done it repeatedly. A lot of rdm bans are people who aren't apart of the community, so give them 2 chances at coming back to serve slays, if done a third time then go for the rdm ban. Of course, staff will have to add a note each time in their admins stats they add a slay for rdm and leave.

16. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

would it be better if i make the word poop red so that it looks like a -1 then

17. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Well, i don't see why you need rdm and leave removed, a lot of people don't ever get one.

I myself have still managed to stay away of the rdm and leave bans. Most people just do it to avoid punishment or are the unlucky people who rdm and actually leave without knowing (well, i still don't believe them).

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Or the people who leave with a slay to rejoin without saying anything :) but ye -1 to this

19. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

Actually I have a better idea. What if, what if.... *inhales* *exhales* now listen carefully.

We just don't slay! trippy IKR dude what a great idea!!!

cya imma go yeet off a bridge

• Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.