Rejected Remove RDM and leave bans for any regular players

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Xproplayer, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Let them serve their slays next time their on, RDM and leave should only be for the trolls who hop on servers (cough nilla) and just mass rdm then bounce, our regular players have lives, they might be pulled away by real life obligations given the number of adults we have here, why the fuck should we force someone to play a video game.

EDIT: A key factor should be all slays are now global and not server based, this would prevent someone from region hopping and not having to suffer anytime.

EDIT 2: Slays would still have to be served on a full round basis, if you leave the system can automatically re apply the slay.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    • Dumb x 11
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

This would lead to a lot of players feeling that regulars would have big benefits to avoid punishments over those that just started and regulars know better than anyone that if you are playing you have to be able to server slays or you shouldn't be playing in the first place. This would just lead to more dodging of slays since they wouldn't be able to ban them so people could join when no staff is on and just dodge then too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Emily❤

You can just leave as soon as the slay has been done without playing the entire round which is why a system like this wouldn't work out plus the fact that it wouldn't be fair.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Slays would still have to be served on a full round basis, if you leave the system can automatically re apply the slay. I'll add this to the OP.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Emily❤

I would add that this is a lot of work to change a system that isn't broken and even if some rare cases it might be better than what it is right not this is far from needed(and by that I mean how the slays work and not about the regulars).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

The part about auto adding slays is like 1 line of code, since theres already detective for when a player leaves when slain just have it run the command to run a slay to their steamid from console. Global slays would be a bit trickier but I know for a fact highwon and opal could do it in a weekend or less so easily.

7. Emily❤

It still doesnt meant its needed and worth using time on.

8. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

lol

but i can see ur point tho

• Like Like x 1
  9. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

While I completely agree with this in it's ideal, it just looks bad to new players. SGM's main draw in the rules is the fair and universal application of them. That, at least in appearances, is completely broken by this one. In the eyes of a new player, or just someone who lacked a nuanced understanding of the rules, they would see this as biased and ridiculous, even if it was enforced perfectly.

I think if we made the appeal process quicker/more readily approved by staff, we could accomplish much the same effect without damaging server reputation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. This is a bad idea in general, both in attracting new players and retaining them.

We have plenty of toxic regulars who probably would jump at the opportunity to abuse this, as well.

Furthermore, it'd be really easy to argue what exactly constitutes a regular in the inevitability that someone who thinks they're a "regular" gets banned for RDM and leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

oh look we got the pro software engineer over here, who knows how to code very well
    and according to him this code is going to be very hard to create! cuz hes so pro at coding just awo

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

One of the worst suggestions regarding bans ever. It's only a matter of time before this is locked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I'll just deny this now. I don't see why we should give regulars any level of preference over a normal player.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.