Rejected Remove prop possession

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by avukyi2r3, Jul 17, 2017.

?

Should it be removed

1. Remove prop possession

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Keep prop possession

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

Every day and I mean every day with no exageration people prop push player to their fall or follow players with explosive barrels. This is toxic and is done every round on maps with props. Dead players should not have an effect on the gameplay. A prop can trigger a tripwire too. People will never stop possessing explosive barrels.

Please remove prop possession and refund or replace punch o meter. I have it maxed myself and even if you gave me 0 points for it I don't care. I'm tired of getting rdmed by this shit when the servers are called serious gmod. DEAD PLAYERS SHOULD STAY DEAD.

A few exemples that happen commonly:
    Life the roof: Players will posses barrels and follow you, players will possess chairs and put them in the pool.
    Any map with explosives barrels player will follow you with them.
    Rooftops and other highrise maps people will try to push you down to your fall.

The rule that cover it is not enough because you cannot know who the fuck killed you even if you record and by the time you die they unposess their prop. And when there is no mods there is nobody to punish those players.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Why punish the many for the action of a few? Staff members who are vigilant should be keeping a close eye on the easy to abuse props, and those who are constantly toxic with them can and will be punished with lengthy bans, as they have in the past.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

Staff is not omniscient and this shit happen mostly every round when I play and I have 3k hours. I actually think everybody should be punished for the actions of a fews to set exemples. This is serious gmod and people should be serious.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Qaaap

Qaaap 404 User not found. VIP

Why am I otherwise paying for prop punch meter upgrades?

5. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

You'd be refunded most likely

6. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

i want to live my peaceful live as a melon

also i want to do melon parkour shit on some maps what have it.

pls keep this. if ppl keep killing you when they're spectators, just report them. that goes under harassment.

don't punish us melon parkourers for the actions of the explosive barrel or painting killers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

What about only removing possessing explosive shit. Dead players should not be able to help ts by following innos as explosive props

8. Timo654

i like saving innos on albatross by taking the explosive barrels from the stacks and putting them away, so they dont do a huge explosion when shot

ur trying to stop me from saving all those innocents lives, that makes me sad :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Just remove explosive barrel posession, It's extremely obnoxious having a barrel jump up really high then blow up/have them rush you.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Timo654

@BorkWoof All barrels have rights. No matter how they look or what they contain, they should have equal rights. Having some barrels possessible and some not would be very unfair for our dear barrels. What if they'll protest if this gets changed? What if they'll start autoexploding to protest for this change? Is this the world you want to live in?

#EqualRights4BarrelsToday
    #NoBarrelShaming

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. lil f

lil f That's how the toast crumbles Banned Gold VIP

People rdm with guns a lot, so should we remove those too? Oh, and how about crowbars? Dangerous little things. But goomba stomps too! Better remove walking. Easiest way to prevent rdm is to just have a game called stand in place and do nothing.

Life happens, best to just move on. More or less just what has been said before. So what if every once in a while someone rdms while possessing a prop (which, side note, is kinda hard to do). Not many people do it at all. It's like in my old PE class. My teacher would make us stay in a plank position for thirty seconds, but if even one person cheated by not doing it correctly, we held it longer.

This is an unnecessary suggestion, -1

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

u mad lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  13. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

I disagree with this. If it's enforced in the rules to not prop kill as spectators, then that should be enforced by the mods/admins. (this may need to be worked on for sure)

Also to note, If we remove prop possession, then that is 1 key aspect of TTT for spectators. You're pretty much saying, no fun for spectators at this point and giving them absolutely nothing to do.

This also kills the point of the prop mazes/prop activities on some maps (67thway for example).

14. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

What everyone said above sums it up pretty well. However, I think the idea of disabling possession of dangerous props only (explosive barrels, really heavy props that can easily kill like the car in forest, etc) could potentially work.
    What do you all think?

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. no

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Heavy props, IMO, should still be movable. The best they can do is spin around or barely hit the air. A trivial task to avoid it, unlike a rushing explosing barrel

17. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

I agree for the disabling of at least explosive barrels. For heavy props, is it not possible to decrease how much it can move via the punch? Or is that heavily dependent on the prop weight? Heavy Props are fine.

Reason why I say the explosive barrels: Anyone with the max punch o meter upgrades can literally toss it towards innocents/Ts WAY faster because of the charge rate. Making dodging it near impossible and can lead to your death rather easily.

18. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Explosive props shouldn't be possesable theres nothing to do with them besides cause havoc It may be fun for some but detremental towards others

19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Sorry but this won't happen @avukyi2r3 . I've gotten the answer from administration.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I find it fun when explosive barrels follow me because it adds more challenge, I don't think it should ever be removed because it gives spectators things to do

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.