Remove option to vote random after an RTV.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Robyn, Mar 13, 2021.

1. waffle

waffle VIP

Lemme re explain why I do this. When we play on modded or vanilla its usually just the same maps over and over and over when you pick random you get some nice variety usually but people like to just rtv maps they are not used to and just play motel for the 1000th time. So when you rtv random you get to commit to it and just not rtv a map you're not used to.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Supporter

Random is the best map vote in all situations just think about it. Why vote for a specific map when you can just vote random and leave it to chance... MUCH MORE FUN!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

I’m fine with random existing but I don’t wanna commit to a map with shitty frames and poor optimization for 6 rounds

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. waffle

waffle VIP

Its really only 6 rounds honestly a lot of servers can have up to 10 rounds when you think about it for the long run 6 rounds is pretty short.

5. Yellow

Yellow VIP

I think we should remove the restriction of not being able to rtv back2back. Also make VIP+ have 3 voting power instead of 4.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

remove waffle and random problem solved

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

then we get the same god damn maps everytime

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Supporter

smart man right here

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. waffle

waffle VIP

smart man right here

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Robyn

Tell that to all the people who disconnect for shitty maps

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. waffle

waffle VIP

Got a list I gotta go through and handle it in dms?

12. Robyn

Half the community leaves when ns streets is picked despite being an a-tier map

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. waffle

waffle VIP

Some people just don't like good maps and you can't change people's taste just vote for whatever you want to do. the only bad maps are the maps I get under 40 fps on

14. The people pick the wrong map a majority of the time unless I yell at them, random never picks wrong. If I play clue or some other lesser-played good map for the first time in 2 weeks and it instantly gets RTVed for a common map like dolls it pisses me off, RTV-locked random balances it out so unpopular maps actually get picked without being thrown out instantly, so then people can learn to appreciate them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Clue is not a good map it's just C4 spam

16. Good layout , C4 spam is hilarious and can almost always survived in any map if you immediately run to the spot the first C4 blew up

Not really sure how high it is in my tier list I just haven't actually played it in forever

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Robyn

I don’t think you realize why I made the suggestion. I’m honestly fine with any map, even if it’s shitty. I like variety. However a lot of people don’t, so I’d rather we be able to prevent idiots from trying to kill the server pop.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. waffle

waffle VIP

If people don't like the map they can just pop another server I think the big issue with some players is that anything new = bad. what really makes the server stay popped is people having fun if everyone leaves the server on a random rtv they probably weren't having that much fun to begin with. I can see where you're coming from but after playing like basically every map rtv random is fun. You never know what you're getting instead of having like 40 votes for motel.

• Useful Useful x 1